• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tribute to SAC : Olympia re-uploaded .

Started by Badsim, May 25, 2007, 01:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Once upon a time ... Olympia .

All ancient and passionate players remember their feeling when , at the begining of 2004 , SAC showed this incredible city already achieved at the end of 2003 . Incredible , yes , considering the lack of custom contents available at this time . It was the LOTer age , the rise of the first BATers and MODers ... SAC ( a woman  ;) ) has been all that . And more .

SAC has disappeared as quickly than she appeared : a meteor ... for unknown reasons ( at least public ) and announcing the great opening of a personal site ; Cityscape . Pictures of Olympia , just like a meteor remanence , were visible a few years , but even our virtual world is perishable so finally all these pictures have been shut down by their hosting site .

I think that this shouldn't be like that , I think Olympia is a masterpiece and a capital step of SC4 History ( not the only one of course ) and so , all new generations of players have the right to see it.

These following pictures from Olympia and SAC's Lots are all I saved , a lot of them are missing ... so , please , if you have some others , post them here . Thank you .

The CJ " Olympia- a source of inspiration " is still readable at Simtropolis and at Simphoni

PLEASE : If you want add a comment , comment these pictures , nothing about me .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

dedgren

Perfect pics in a perfect place!

Bravo, Badsim, for keeping these great memories alive!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jeronij

It is wonderful to see these pictures again after so many years  ::)

This is indeed the most inspiring SC4 city that I have never seen, and as it can easily be seen, it was a serious source of inspiration for my own cities  :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing these here badsim, and special thanks to SAC (wherever she is) for her creativity  &apls
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sam

Thank you for sharing these and for a trip down memory lane. I remember Olympia and SAC was a source of inspiration for me.

sEAhAwk fAn121

i remember looking at these on cityscape... i was mezmorized!
in my opinion it is one of the best cities ever...

Zaphod

Wow so this is the famous Olympia

I came in 05, kind of late to see it but I definetely heard of it

Beautiful city. It sort of reminds me of sc2k. I guess because of the really wacky terrain
War Kittens !?

Glenni

Ah yes... Olympia, it was such an AMAZING Cj for it's time... Great to see it back :)

thundercrack83

Beautiful work. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting these here, Badsim.

cameron1991

Thank you very much for bringing my all-time favourite CJ back! Its great to see people still remember it!  :)

emilin

A great idea to save these pictures. Some of them are incredibly good. I could spend all day just looking at the way she made that city come to life.

Thank you, badsim!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

zzsim

Thanks Badsim for sharing those pics  :thumbsup: !

I remember how inspirational Olympia was to me when I first started playing the game, and even today with all of the new custom content it still is one of the most creative cities out there.  The amount of detail she put into Olympia was certainly far ahead of its time.  I could only imagine how amazing her cities/lots would be with all of the new BATs and mods around today.

CabraBuitre

Absolutely stunning, even after all these years!  The thing that gets me more than anything else is the way she used the terrain and molded everything together.  The shots where the bridges come right up to the at-grade buildings is spectacular, and even now, the way she took the bridges up and over the old Peg waterfalls is truly inspiring!

Check out Abelfarei!

TheTeaCat

Incredible. This is the first time I have seen these pictures. Ground breaking stuff for the time. thank you or saving this Badsim.

:satisfied:
TTC

ps time for another cuppa and look these pics again
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kimcar

&apls Yeap thanks for this tribute. It`s remind me why i play and why i want to do somethings special.  :thumbsup:

ExiLe

man I it is a really long time since I've seen some of those pics... SAC has been a source of inspiration for me, I was waiting for gothia to start up agian.
Too bad nothing happened.

take care,
...coming soon

Vario80

Thanks for bringing up the old memories. Her CJ was really breath taking and one of the reasons why i returned to the game after stopping to play Sc4 for over half a year.  :thumbsup: &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

rooker1

I have never seen this until now and I must say it is amazing. There are some things in those pics that I have no idea how they are done.  And the Lotting is incredible.  Great work when you can barely tell where one biulding ends and another begins.  I can see how this was inspiration for a lot of people.
Thanks Badsim....

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

gmavignier

Olympia had always been my main source of inspiration when I first started in the custom content comunity. This CJ just rocked my world with it's use of bridges, tunnels and waterfalls. I would really like to shake the hand of maker of that CJ.

P.S.: The links on the first reply are no longer avaliable. The pictures have been erased from the host. Too bad!

Sober

Wow. This is just amazing even by today's standards. This really makes me regret not buying SC4 back in '03 when I was just a teenager...

bat

That are a lot of fantastic pictures! Beautiful city! Thanks for posting the pictures here, Badsim! :thumbsup: