• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerommeke1701

OK, I seem to have inadvertently caused this discussion to go very much off-topic with my trekkie remark.

I suggest to leave this topic for it's true intentions (after all, it IS called "What does your name mean?") and if we want to start off a trekkie discussion, let's start a fresh topic. (And I'm looking eagerly to any moderator to suggest to me where I can start such a topic)

Ahh, the place for all Trekkies would naturally be Matters of General Interest!
/Tage

Albus of Garaway

Oh, dear. What does my name mean...? I'm not even sure myself! :-[

Let me at least say that my real name is not Albus! I simply chose the name because 1. It sounds more prestigious than my real name Jason and 2. It's the name of my favorite book character of all time.

The Garaway part...I truly have no idea.  ???

City Builder

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on August 31, 2008, 06:14:13 AM
Oh, dear. What does my name mean...? I'm not even sure myself! :-[

Let me at least say that my real name is not Albus! I simply chose the name because 1. It sounds more prestigious than my real name Jason and 2. It's the name of my favorite book character of all time.

The Garaway part...I truly have no idea.  ???

Albus Dumbledore (HP)    ???   ;)
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Albus of Garaway

Sheep49

Well, my name have been taken from my 3rd favourite Pink Floyd (you expected it  ::)) called - you got it! - Sheep ;D

And why 49? Because I'm adding it at the end of every username I have ;)
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

my name have been taken from my name - Art for Arthur - and the numbers for my birthday date 1 for 11 th month and 28 for the day (i was born the 28 November 1994 )  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

blakesterville

Mine : "blakesterville" , souns kinda weird , itcomes from my name(obviously , Blake)I have been called blakester in the past and I put "ville" on top of that because it was simcity related :).

CabraBuitre

I love animal names in Spanish.  My name is two animals mashed together...

Cabra = Goat
Buitre = Vulture

I just really like both those words... no other real meaning, unless you count the time when I was about 5 and my grandma asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I said a goat...

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

LoL almost 2yrs and now I know the meaning of your name goat vulture wow that is intense!!!! I that is sooo wicked!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

writingliberty

I was at one time (I may pick it up again, but it's been a while) writing a Buffy/Potter fanfic series titled "Lady Liberty".

(It's posted at tthfanfic.net, if you're interested.)

bob56

Mine doesn't really have any meaning. In 5th grade, we all had to pick usernamesfor a site. I randomly put in "Bob", but there already were 55 others. I turned to Bob56, and it stuck...It's my username on all online activities
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Vandy

Hi, All.

What does my name mean?  I'd love to give you a real esoteric answer but the plain truth is that it is a nickname of my surname.

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

Lilojame

Hm, well to add me in here, Lilojame is a music grupe here in Slovenia for one, but I am not such a fan of them. For the second the name comes out from the 5th Element movie, you know, Bruce "the-bloodiest-the-better" Willis starring and the Lilo (Lilojame) (I believe it was Mila Jovovič/Jovovich). Anyhow, it sounded good to me.  :D
As for my real name it means "pure". :D

Have fun,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

newyorkrunaway1

my username means something very dear to my heart...lol

when i was in highschool me and my friend got bored, as many people do in highschool, but we decided to take it to the next level. we ran away to nyc for a couple of weeks. yes, our parents were flaming! but, anyways, thats where my username came from, i have used it ever since &apls
"The Unofficial Realism Oracle"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parkland - Adventures In RealismA CJ | By newyorkrunaway1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAUTF | North American Urban Transit Forum (New & Improved)
NashDEV Gallery | Nashville TN USA Gallery (Over 900 Pictures and counting)

WC_EEND

anyone who understands dutch will know what my username means (for those of you who don't: WC=toilet and EEND=duck)

furthermore, i use that nickname everywhere (exept on steam, where you'll find me as [UC]Borat) and it's easy to remember and not frequently used by anyone else. I also think WC EEND used used to be somethink to clean your toilet, not quite sure about that one though
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MandelSoft

Quote from: WC_EEND on December 12, 2008, 08:39:26 AM
I also think WC EEND used used to be somethink to clean your toilet, not quite sure about that one though

Yep, it is something that's cleaning your toilet  ;D
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

homefryes

I can't believe I never posted here, so here goes. My username has an unusual beginning. It is sort of a derivative of my surname, but convoluted as to how that came about: when I worked at McDonald's like 20 years ago; a couple coworkers and I would chuckle ::) when someone would call the hash browns "homefries." Eventually it somehow developed into a nickname for me! As for the spelling, when I signed on to my first ISP in the mid 1990s, I decided that would be a great username; however the correct spelling was unavailable ... so I changed the "i" to a "y" ... and thus "homefryes" was born! I've used it everywhere since. ()stsfd()

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

46Bit

46Bit was simply a mix around of 64-bit, to do with computer binary for those who don't know  ;).

JBSimio

Apparently I've never posted here either...  &ops

Mine is a combination of two nicknames I was given.  I was the younger of two Jons at one of my jobs, so the boss started calling me Jon-Boy which eventually just shortened to JB.  I've worked with this person at several camps and JB is still the only name I'm really known by at those places.  "Simio" came from my days at Applebee's... where most of the cooks were Mexican and gave the remaining few of us Spanish nicknames.  "Simio" means monkey... which I think I got because I would climb up onto shelves to reach things (or maybe it's just that I have big ears... who knows?)  I mashed the two together and got JBSimio.  ;)

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

un1

I have posted here before.  :P But I deleted my post a few seconds ago...

My name is a long story (not really), it at first is a few keys I pushed (because I couldn't think of one) when I first registered at a site, some while ago. I guessed it stayed. Then I started making excuses to what it meant.  ::) I finally came to the conclusion that in English my name means one one, because un, in French is one and 1 is one.

-un1