• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan_vzla

First of all: this is a quite interesting topic!

The origin of my name is very simple
Alan_vzla
Alan: My name, it's a common name on english speaking countries, but here it's fairly uncommon. My parents decided to name me like this because when my mom was pregnant, they were watching the news and there was one regarding the peruvian president in that time, which happened to be reelected on the last elections, Alan García... anyway, they liked the sound of it and decided to name me like that.

_: no explanation... only to separate  ;D

vzla: it's the most common abbreviation of Venezuela, where I was born and actually live... we're actually living a bad political moment, but if you have a chance to visit us, do it, you will see what a beautiful country this is.

That's my name on most of the sites I'm registered, but you will also find me under the name of alanvzla, al_4ever, al4ev and others...  ;)

kj3400

First time here (I think...)
Hmm...my name. Well the letters kj are my initials, and the 3400....Well if I told you the real secret, I'd have to kill you.  :D
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

SimGoober

Well, I suppose I should add my own boring story...

Several years ago I signed into SimTrop for the first time. Before this I had always used a variation of my real name (initials and such) on any site I registered on.  But on that sight it seemed everyone had a different name, and I figured I should follow suit.  But I felt like such a Goober making up some glorious name for myself.....  So SimGoober came to be.

Here in Virginia, a Goober is an old nick name for peanuts, something we grow a lot of.  So I used to make subtle jokes about nuts, which mostly I got blank stares from.  Then there is of course the very last lot I uploaded to the STEX....
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Elektra

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

Pat

LoL goober I remember when you uploaded goober nuts lol it was great!!!! I love that lot today and chuckle every time it grows in my cities!!!

Elektra hmmm alter ego eeh!!! hmmm there is a cure for that one  ;D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Elektra

Yeah I think its some of Simgoober's Fukitol growing in my city.   $%Grinno$%
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

simsamerica

Well simsamerica is simple, two reasons I guess,simsamerica doesnt mean I like the game sims but I like simulations, actually primarily NASCAR sims, and the america comes from that I like american games and Im american.
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

LE0

it means my name is Leo ::)

and its spelled with number 0 at the end, not letter O.
why is to make it slightly more unique.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Terring7

Terring was a character from the book "The Valley of the Roses". Just ignore the number because it was an accident :party:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

knuckleball

It just sort of popped in there!  I thought knuckleball sounded like a fun name so I went with it.  :D
It's just that I'm the quiet type, that's all.

simsamerica

SG, although I currently live in VA aswell, im not a VA native and where Im from I think goober kinda means problem so youd be SimProblem :P, to note, im from the Planet Mars  &hlp this is what happened when our kind went to the sun, no im from Alabama, but my kind have headed toward the sun (the Saturn 5 resides in Alabama).
Rednecks aren't country Music Stars, they're Rocket Scientists.

antimonycat

Antimony is a chemical element that I liked the name of. A cat is a small feline, often popular as a domestic pet :).

delta9

Well, oddly enough I feel kind of vulnerable disclosing this here, just because I've never seen it come up and I'm afraid the greats, the people I idolize here, the people whose work has inspired me to contribute to this wonderful community, will look down upon it. But I suppose that's not fair to impose that upon myself, the fear of judgement by others, just as it would be unfair to judge me for it...

Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC) is the chief psychoactive ingredient in cannabis and cannabis products. That's what my name comes from.  For the sake of honesty, most of the time that I am playing SC4, or perusing SC4D, or doing any recreational activity, I am also smoking or have just smoked a bowl of, you guessed it, high-potency bud.

The name came about when I was still in high school. That should pretty much explain it all. It started as Delta 9 and by the time I got here, it had gradually been shortened to lowercase with no spaces, because I kept getting confused between different sites, because some would allow spaces, some wouldnt, etc... Going back about ten years, when I was 11 or 12, I started using the moniker dftonz645 on GameFAQs.com. The Deftones were my favorite band (and still hold a dear place in my heart for their first 3 albums) and 645 was the second half of my school ID #. This was shortened to Dft on the Pearl Drummers Forum. When the GameFAQs board I frequented split off into an independent board in lieu of moderation changes, my new name was Delta 9, because well, I smoked a lot of pot and liked to advertise it, like a dumbass late-teenager would. However, the name has stuck since then, because I really have no reason to change it, and because it carries many special memories to me on that board I created it on, just because of the closeness of that board and that it was during an important part of my life. Amazing how one could say that about a message board, huh?

So there's mine. Hopefully I'm not typecast as a dirty stupid pothead from now on! Because I am only one of those three things  :D

io_bg

And mine: io is from my name - Ioan, and bg is the abbreviation of the country where I live - Bulgaria (it's in Eastern Europe, on the Balkans, for those who don't know).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sebes

Quote from: delta9 on April 02, 2009, 08:31:27 PM
I'm afraid the greats, the people I idolize here, the people whose work has inspired me to contribute to this wonderful community, will look down upon it.

Believe me.... they won't... they might even invite you at their next meeting   /&HiPP/%
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Quote from: sebes on April 04, 2009, 04:40:00 AM
Believe me.... they won't... they might even invite you at their next meeting   /&HiPP/%

:D :D
I'll make the Tea  ?=mad)=  :D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mike3775

Mine came from AOL

Back when I bought my first ever PC in 1996(a gateway that came with a HUGE 5 gig HD  lol), I signed up for AOL, since I had one of those disc's that said 1 month free if you sign up.  I filled it out with my name, address, birthday, etc and when it came to picking a screen name, I picked one that had already been taken(it was pro wrestling related because I like Pro Wrestling) and one of the suggestions that it stated was mike3775.  Basically all it is is my first name, and my birthdate.  Ever since, I use the same screen name everywhere

choco

ok, i'll bite.

i have to skip the gory details, as its totally not appropriate.....here, nor anywhere.... ;D 

lets just say, following a night of alcohol-fueled debauchery, i awoke to a new nickname of 'Daryl Dawkins'......they tell me that the name was inspired by his most famous dunk, from which i shortened to my current screenname.

doesn't sound so interesting when i put it like that.... &mmm 

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

sithlrd98

Well, I guess I should post here, nothing really exciting....sithlord goes back to the Compuserve days, I am a pretty big fan of bad guys , who are sometimes misunderstood ;D
Because at a later date , AOL absorbed Compuserve , and by that time I had gone to another ISP , when I decided to go to AOL , sithlord was already taken , so I decided to shorten it to sithlrd , which also was taken so I just added the year I got married 98 , and it has gone with me since. However , I really think its time for a change , just not sure what it should be!

Jayson