• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Joelyboy911. Joel is my first name. yboy represents the fact that I am male. 911, this is not intended to be the date of a terrorist attack, nor is it the emergency number in the United States, but infact I chose it randomly many years ago when I made my first ever internet site account, on Neopets.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

jimbo_jj

My screen name is kinda old, at least for me. I first made it back in 2001 when I was in the eighth grade. Actually, I needed to create an account at tripod.com for a school group project where we were making a website. Jimbo was a nickname a couple of my friends at the time called me, which I barely heard then, and hardly ever since, and JJ is just my initials. I thought about changing it a couple of times when I created accounts on other sites, including here, but it's stuck with me this long, so I'm Jimbo_JJ. ;D
Coming Soon to SimCity 4 Devotion: Alterren: The New World City
An MD by Jimbo_JJ

Nanami

My user name was taken from my old phone number.

Enslaved Viking

My user name is music related. When I had joined Sc4Devotion, I had just listened to the Norwegian band Enslaved,  also few weeks earlier I had bought the DVD "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" and finding out that Enslaved's main music topic was vikings, that is where my name comes from.
Love Cats. Love Pokemon. Love SimCity 4. Love Pacific Northwest where I live

adroman

adroman is taken from my best friend's old nickname for me... As my real name is Adrian...

by the way, it isn't spelt androman... like some have spelt it... I'm no robot!

Havva good one
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

KoV Liberty

My username came from quite a while ago when on XBL I was also challenging my friends to drifting competitions. And I (almost; only a few times lost) always won. My friends started calling me "Driftmaster" and the name stuck.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Haljackey

I wish I knew where my username came from.

Back when I first needed a username for something, for some odd reason, "Haljackey" just popped into my head.  It worked, so I used it.  (And have until this day!) :P

canyonjumper

Hmmm... I guess I use canyonjumper for the same reason as Haljackey. I didn't want a name that was stupid, and i didn't want to use my real name, because I wanted to be original. And canyonjumper came into my head.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

MandelSoft

My current username is now MRTNRLN. The meaning of the last three letters have changed from time to time. The first four letters stand for Maarten and the whole stands for Maarten's Real Name  ;D

Currently I use Mandelsoft as username on any other site (beside SimTropolis). By the way, does anyone know how to change your username? I see that some people have changed theirs (like Johnatan, previously named warrior). I suppose only administrators have the rights to change them.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

WC_EEND

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 10, 2010, 05:25:42 AM
My current username is now MRTNRLN. The meaning of the last three letters have changed from time to time. The first four letters stand for Maarten and the whole stands for Maarten's Real Name  ;D

Currently I use Mandelsoft as username on any other site (beside SimTropolis). By the way, does anyone know how to change your username? I see that some people have changed theirs (like Johnatan, previously named warrior). I suppose only administrators have the rights to change them.

Best,
Maarten

Out of curiosity, what's the story behind Mandesoft as username?
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MandelSoft

Well, some programs ask for data during installation, like your name and company. We always fill in MandelSoft. The name is a combination of the well-known company MicroSoft and the other part is named after a fractal, the Mandelbrot Set. That's how you get MandelSoft  ;)

For those who aren't fammiliar with fractals; fractals are shapes that repeat theirselfs. The one I'm refering to, the Mandelbrot Set, looks like this:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ecoba

Well, my user name is ecoba, as you can plainly see. My real name is Ethan. EC, from the beginning of ecoba, are my initials, and at the time of making my first internet accounts, I didn't want to use my real name, so I added oba, and it sounded okay together so it stuck. The town I live in's name also begins with an A. So I can also think of it as EC of A, slightly modified, because in my opinion, ecofa does not sound as good as ecoba.

Also doing something from the beginning of the thread, here's my Lord of The Rings Name.I found it interesting.

According to the Red Book of Westmarch,
In Middle-earth, Ethan was a
Deceitful Harfoot

Elven Name Possibilities for Ethan
The root name suitable for feminine and masculine is:
Pellanaur
Another masculine version is:
Pellanaurion
More feminine versions are:
Pellanauriel
Pellanaurien
Pellanaurwen

Hobbit lad name for Ethan
Fredegar Black from The Far Downs
Hobbit lass name for Ethan
Adamanta Black from The Far Downs

Dwarven Name for Ethan
Frerin Poolshield
This name is for both genders.

Orkish Name for Ethan
Skartakh the Meek
This name is for both genders.

Adûnaic name for Ethan
Balîkkharân

Hmm... okay...

I'm still gonna just reply to ecoba, or Ethan. Also I'm curious as well as to how to change usernames, as Maartan
(mrtnrln) stated earlier on the page.

Ethan

Connor

I (rather creatively) decided to use my real name for some reason, i was probably tired or in a bad mood at the time.  &mmm

Normally (on other sites and stuff) i just put the first thing that comes into my head, unless of course it's innappropriate (which it usually is)  :P

jigsaw

gking is my name... g.king

i use another alias/username @ simtropolis/simpeg. i think i have created an account under the other alias, but i forget what the password is, so i will keep going with what i use now.
insert signature here

kevinaj

Kevin is my first name, while AJ is the first letters of my 2 last names, hence kevinaj. Another fact is that kids in my school usually call me Kevin AJ or KAJ.
I love airplanes.

Nijomi

Nijomi is simply the first two letters of my first, middle and surname. :D

Pozzessed

When joining up with AOhelL in the dim and distant past
A screen name was required instantly, my thought was 'Oh Blast!'

Looking around for inspiration, my eyes lighted on a pic
Of our drag van, Pozzessed, and that's how I got my nic ..

Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

drx.94

My name: drx.94 comes from:
drx = dierckx (it's my last name)
94 = 1994 (my birth year)

ConcreteBuilder

I've been a Concrete finisher for the last 25 years for Du Page Co. just outside of Chicago in the west suburbs and have built everything to do with Concrete

Pat

Hey there concreteBuilder,
   I used to live in Hanover Park and in Stickney or Berwyn as USPS calls it there lol...

@ Ethan if you want to change your username here you will need to talk with a administrator about it and I bet you will have no problems at all ;-)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie