• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Zane is my real name and quite frankly I have no idea what it means. ()what()

I'm known on some sites as "Zane900." I attained that username when registering on www.simcity.com. I was surprised to realize the the username 'Zane' had already been used! Zane really isn't a very popular name. Out of the 5000 kids at my school I'm still the only one with the name. :thumbsup:

Me like. ()stsfd()

Pat

LoL zane that is wierd how it works out at times....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Romaq

Quote from: thundercrack83 on June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM
I've been thinking about this for a while, however, I must admit that the idea to open a thread for this only hit me today, for some reason or another...I see a lot of different names or "nicknames" or whatever their official name is, and I was wondering what they mean. So, I've started this topic as a place where, if you so desire, you can give a quick explanation as to what your nickname means, stands for, etc. And, I guess I'll be the first:

thundercrack83: "Thundercrack" is the name of one of my favorite songs by Bruce Springsteen, written and recorded in 1973, but previously unreleased until 1998. The "83" was just as random number tagged onto the end.

What about you?

ROGA ME ALIQVID (Latin: ask me anything). Letters were pulled out of it to make Romaq. Mik-Maq.com is from 'Mikaela' (my wife's net handle) and Romaq'.

Kitsune

Kitsune, Japanse, tricky to pronounce.  Simply means, Fox. But the legend behind Kitsune is quite deep, and I never found out about until two-three years after I started using the nick. And yeah, I am a guy. My name on ST is Anung Mwka. Thats my aboriginal name, Ojibwa for, Star Bear. I use Kitsune everywhere, about 99.9% of the forums I'm on. AM if used as back up, as I guarantee that no one uses it.... :)
~ NAM Team Member

Emperor Stormont

I live in Belfast, go to Queens University and I'm a guy  :D

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

northjon79

Hey (First post over here)

I'm from the North, my names Jon and 79 was my year of birth.  Pretty much says it all.
"May Gods stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Starmanw402007

My first name is Steven. But I'm not sure what it means on the other side of the world. But I do love my name though. Last name is Whitehouse. I tend to use a joke with my Last name. I usually like to say to my friends you can call me Mr. President :D :D. It's nice to have fun with your name sometimes.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Eddie

My username's supposed to be SpecialEddie (as it is in ST) but during registration, a weird bug switched my username and actual name. And well, here I am.

Pat

soo eddie you saying you could have been stuck in Eddie special??? lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

newyorkrunaway1

i get asked if i am from new york and left the state.... lol, i cant help but laugh every time i hear this question

ok, the real story behind my username is from when i was in highschool

me and my friend adrian were having a rough time in the little town in tennessee we lived in. we got fed up one day. we were in the middle of lunch, we walked out to talk and somehow the conversation lead to us wanting to go to new york. so we littereally packed up in the middle of lunch, and ran away tio new york city. take it to say, it didnt end up well. we stayed for a few days, then had to go back home. we ran out of money, and our parents were worried, and they had put out an amber alert because we were under 18. we were in serious trouble when we came back. not with the cops, but with our parents. lol

anyways, we all do things like that when we are younger. the screenname just kind of stuck with me since i was in highschool so many years ago.... man, its been 5 years since i was in highschool, jeesh, im getting old too.... lol
"The Unofficial Realism Oracle"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parkland - Adventures In RealismA CJ | By newyorkrunaway1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAUTF | North American Urban Transit Forum (New & Improved)
NashDEV Gallery | Nashville TN USA Gallery (Over 900 Pictures and counting)

Swamper77

Mine is a relic from when I used to play games over the network in my house with my dad. We used to play the Worms series of games, and I always named my team Swampers, with Swamper as team captain. The other team members were named with various "disgusting" names such as Slime and Mud. At the time, I had a thing for swamps and wetlands.

In 2003, I joined ST with the name Swamper77 because someone had already reserved the Hotmail address I wanted (swamper) and one of their recommendations was swamper77. 7 happens to be one of my lucky numbers, so I stuck with it. When I joined SC4D, I just used the same name as I use on some other sites on the web.

In my LARP group, I get called by "Swamper" as that is the name of the character that I usually play in one of the two games that the group runs. My other character for the other game is Krys Emlyn. I used this name to also secure an YIM account and an AOL account for chat purposes since "Swamper" was already taken for these services. I will respond to both Swamper and Krys Emlyn, as well as my real name that I have revealed to this site, Jan. Only two other sites I visit know my real name, and one of those is membership by invitation only.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

M4346

Well, my name IRL is Marius, but on the internet and in conversation with so many people from so many linguistic backgrounds it usually gets quite a beating when it comes to pronunciation and I have accordingly adopted the shorter version "M" IRL and -M- on the net (as I can't 'speak' the dashes :P It would be dashemdash)

It kind of stuck.

Also I am M4346 on THIS particular forum because it won't allow dashes! Boo-hoo!  :'( hehe
The 4346 are the last four digits of my mobile number. lol

The root name suitable for feminine and masculine is:
Maikavása
Another masculine version is:
Maikavásaion
More feminine versions are:
Maikavásaiel
Maikavásaien
Maikavásawen

Hobbit lad name for Marius H______ R________
Bandobras Tussle from Deephallow
Hobbit lass name for Marius H______ R________
Melilot Tussle from Deephallow

Dwarven Name for Marius H______ R________
Gundin Redbrace
This name is for both genders.

Orkish Name for Marius H______ R________
Razhthak the Horrible
This name is for both genders.

Adûnaic name for Marius H______ R________
Phaznegdam

I like it! ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Nisha

My full name is Manisha and a few of my friends call me Nisha for short so I tend to use that online. Nisha means 'night' and Manisha means 'seeker of knowledge', both in sanskrit. Thankfully, it is one of the easier Indian names to pronounce.  ;D

thundercrack83

Quote from: newyorkrunaway1 on August 22, 2007, 09:19:53 PM
i get asked if i am from new york and left the state.... lol, i cant help but laugh every time i hear this question

ok, the real story behind my username is from when i was in highschool

me and my friend adrian were having a rough time in the little town in tennessee we lived in. we got fed up one day. we were in the middle of lunch, we walked out to talk and somehow the conversation lead to us wanting to go to new york. so we littereally packed up in the middle of lunch, and ran away tio new york city. take it to say, it didnt end up well. we stayed for a few days, then had to go back home. we ran out of money, and our parents were worried, and they had put out an amber alert because we were under 18. we were in serious trouble when we came back. not with the cops, but with our parents. lol

anyways, we all do things like that when we are younger. the screenname just kind of stuck with me since i was in highschool so many years ago.... man, its been 5 years since i was in highschool, jeesh, im getting old too.... lol

I took off to NYC a few times when I was in high school, though I live in PA, not Tennessee! I was able to go and come back within the same day, so my parents didn't know about it. I did the same thing with Atlantic City, NJ, a few times, too. Those were the days...

vistla

Myself, I simply took the first two letters from my first, middle, and last name, to come up with vistla. Come to find out, it's also a river that flows through Warsaw, Poland. I certainly didn't mean to imply that coincidence.

JoeST

mine was the name of the first thing on the web i created, Me and 2 friends created a forum on invisionfree, about 7 years ago, i thought of the name startorturer

the username has stuck ever since,

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

N1_2888

See my signature, second line ...  :D
_____

Late EDIT: Reply #104 gives a more extensive explanation. ::)

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

Cod

My name is from the very first fish I caught on my first fishing trip when I was a mere 3-years old. Nothing to exciting, but gave me a name to use online.

RickD

When I first got on the Internet in somthing like 1997 I was confronted with the unexpected challenge to choose a nickname. As I were never popular enough in school to earn a steady (and somewhat cool  %wrd ) nickname I had to make something up. In those days I still had my Commodore Amiga 500 set up in my room and was playing the game "Rick Dangerous 2". So this was the first name that came to my mind. But as it was too long I had to make it a bit shorter (in those days I thought it was very cool to use capital letters in the middle of words  ::) ).

Sometimes I think about changing to a different nick, but I've been using this one for over 10 years now, so I think I have stick to it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)