• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What Does Your Name Mean?

Started by thundercrack83, June 04, 2007, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiziz

Welcome to page three!

err... i have no reason for using "xiziz" at all, no apparent point and it has no meaning whatsoever in any language i know of. Try googling XD youll even find more pictures of ST-members old and or current avatars than mine :P

It originated when my cousin came up with a nickname for playing quake(i just used my RL name at the time). and as he was my elder cousin, and someone i looked up to immensly, i had to have a cool nickname too. and after filling half a schoolbook with diffrenent combinations my 10 year old mind stuck with "Xiziz"... Problem is... you guessed it, try and pronounce it!

Hence in light of this problem ive gone through a few modifications, i got some help in the St-chat one day like two/three years ago(back when it was new and i was a regular...), "Kusisis"(in various spellings), which later evolved into "Kushisu", and after getting patronized by a friend for some random think it got a prefix, "Sankto Kushisu", in due time i even got a prefix added, when more of my friends got to waching Anime they tagged on -chan.

So nowadays its "Sankto Kushisu-chan", and with my studying Japanese at Stockholm University, i guess it fits in good, as its actualy pronouncable in Japanese(not the Sankto, Sankuto would work, so il probably have that replaced soon enough too...).

I did have a period of using the name i was going to be named before i was born and dad objected to much, "Madison". just because i would rather have had that name than my given name, so much cooler XD

Though i tend to register as "Xiziz" anyway, that way people recoginze me, and its stuck in my muscle memory too.

Zaphod

I usually think of your name being said as "Ex-Zizz"
War Kittens !?

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Xiziz

Quote from: Zaphod on September 12, 2007, 06:28:20 PM
I usually think of your name being said as "Ex-Zizz"

-M- Thought of as something similar, just with more "Z"ds ^__^

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 12, 2007, 07:44:59 PM
Um, this is page 5. :P
Not anymore :D %confuso

Boernie

My nickname was given me at my time in the Hamburg Fire dept.
It is a parody of the Ernie & Bert Show, called Bernie & Ert and changed somewhen after a 3-day duty (Fire in the isolation of a freezen storage) in 'Boernie'. Firefighters are very creative when there are tired..  ;D
--Visit http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2426.0 at the MD recently pubsished section--

oh my god, this hospital is full of sick people!!!

M4346

Quote from: Xiziz on September 13, 2007, 02:10:17 AM
-M- Thought of as something similar, just with more "Z"ds ^__^

I actually say "Zee-zees" :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

fernby

What's in a name eh?

Well, here in Australia back in the 50s, there were a series of television commercials for a product known as Manos Chicken. There were two stars of these commercials, one was the Boss and the other was Fernby, the Boss's sidekick. Fernby would ask questions relating to the chicken, and the Boss would explain things. Simple, right.

So, when I first started a job many years ago (when I was younger), my boss at that time called me Fernby because I was just getting started in the workforce, and i was always asking questions ("how do you do that?? etc etc), which reminded him of Fernby.

Thats how I got my nickname Fernby.

Oh, the horror! The horror!!!
You are reading the sig of a SC4D Citizen.

paroch

Well, I was wondering about people's user names, so reading this has told me!

Mine is the first two letters of my first, middle and surnames:

PAul RObert CHapman - PAROCH. 

I kind of imagine it is pronounced PARROCK.  Nobody calls me this in RL, where I am either Paul or more usually Chappers :)

I also use paroch when playing poker on-line.

threestooges

Mine is pretty easy to guess the meaning of. I'm a fan of the trio (though if I recall correctly there have been 5 different characters over time) as well as the Marx Brothers. It's my nickname over at ST and was inspired by the picture used in the avatar (it's also framed over my desk). The dog in my avatar is from the cover art of a comic strip book: Citizen Dog.

dragonshardz

umm...kinda like Xiziz (i pronounce it Ziz-iz, all Z's and I's), my name has no real meaning.

Actually, no it does have meaning

the "dragon" part signifies that I like dragons, and the "shardz" part means that i am easily distracted at times.

the only reason it's "dragonshardz" instead of "dragonshards" is...

...ooooo, shineeeeee!

huh? what? oops. anyway, the "z" sounds and looks better.

EDIT: and paroch, i pronounce your name "par-roch".

Godzillaman

My name is basic...well...I like Godzilla...and I am a dude...

:P
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

mightygoose

well i love grey goose vodka and my local pub is called the goose so and one day i doodle a picture of a goose with an eyepatch, and scrawled mightygoose under it.... i kinda stuck in my head and has been my online nick for everything ever since...

paroch, i always pronounce it per-ock.... thinking it was foreign....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

capo

I never heard of Goose Vodka actually mightygoose, but then again..I'm not a big vodka fan. If I do drink alcohol(which is very rare) I like a beer or tequilla. Btw I just noticed this thread, nice of it to 'pop up'   :)

For a few years I have been making music/DJ-ing under the name of Capo di Carpenti. My RL last name is Timmerman, which is Carpenter in English. Capo is Italian for head (as in leader) and the name is a sort of a mix of Italian, French and English and for me it means 'head of all carpenters'. In short I just use capo, that's why :)

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

TopCliff

TopCliff doesn't really mean anything. Well, it does, but it's lame. The first city I built when I got SC4 was these two giant mesas with little villages on them. I think I called it Twin Peaks, and the mayor's name was . . . Topcliff. So I just went with it, because my other mayor names were either stupid or extremely dirty. Yeah . . . :P
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Haljackey

Haljackey

And, no, my real name isn't Haljackey.  It isn't Hal either (for those who have been quoting me as Hal being my name, its not  :P).

Honestly, it really has no meaning.  It was just a random name I came up with when I needed a username for the game Earth and Beyond, hence the name in my avatar. I sat in at my computer chair for over an hour and the name just popped in my head.  Pretty crazy, eh? 

Anyways, E&B (Earth and Beyond) was a fantastic game (second only to SC4) for those who haven't played it.  It was the first major MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) ever made and set the standard for other games we see today (like World of Warcraft, which I don't play).  When EA bought Westwood (Westwood was the company that made the game), it announced that it was canceling it.  Every single server was taken down just a few months later, and, just like that, the game vanished.  Currently, there is a small group of devoted folks (just like us @ SC4D) that are determined on emulating the game and getting a server back up and running.

I am getting a little off topic.  So anyways, that's where I got my username from!

Best,
-Haljackey

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

TheTeaCat

Mine comes from the fact that I love tea ::)

I mean I really LOVE TEA.

And I'm a cat with 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 lives :o:o :o getting scary now &mmm
got a few pics too :)

Me as a kitten :D

it was my  "Punk Era"  and they made fun of me  $%Grinno$%

Hanging with the homies   :D No stray Tomcat would mess with us coolcats $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

I scared the bejeebers outta this fellow with my evil stare.
He went white with fright :D :D

Oh those were the days  ::) :D :D :D

So...... TheTeaCat.

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

goikokonus

My old dog's name was "Goi", but, I don't know why, we sometimes used to call him "kokonus". Requiescat In Pace (RIP).  :'(
Noizbait...

City Builder

Hmmm I think my name is self evident, though I took it on many years ago back in teh days of BBS's (for those of you who remember these things, like wildcat boards, and DLX and Searchlight BBS's) and because I've played CB style games since they first came out as my main stape of gaming and I've carried it through when I created my citybuildergames.com website and so far, (knock on wood) Sierra and or EA hasn't come after me for taking that domain name.  I believe they had a problem with a person who had a domain that had the words city builder in it in the past.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

MandelSoft

I used this name first at RuneScape. MRTN is actualy my name without any vowels. RLN was first LRN (which I only know what that means), but when my first RS-account was hacked, my second account was named MRTNRLN. Since then I kept that name.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE