• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Sultanate of Kalu Sabah: Massive Mosaic Overview of Capital

Started by Sky Guy, August 13, 2011, 10:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Guy

Welcome friends! Yes this is once again, another Southeast Asian CJ by SKy Guy (I am only good at one thing :P)
Anyway, I have been and will be very busy, but I wanted to have one last CJ/ MD fling. I'm not sure how long this MD will last, but I will try to give somewhat regular feedings to your eyes.

My new country is called Kalu Sabah, and I want to show more of how the country develops rather that just showcase it. I hope to be able to think of some sort of story line too. Anyway enjoy, and feel free to give criticism or any other thoughts. More will come soon. :)

We will be spending a lot of time on the capital, Bandar Sabah

Edit- just realized I wrote northwest, I meant northeast (yes I know my directions :P)

;D

Kalu Sabah- A fast growing dynamic Southeast Asian Country

StegSC

The style is incredibly authentic, nicely done
Find my old CJs at Simtropolis-Link To Profile at ST

Adetsaj

Great start !  &apls &apls and good looking SEA themed city, i look forward for more  :)

The Beautiful empire, of Gardarian

And call me Daniel

teddyrised

This is going to be interesting :D great start, too! I was raised in Malaysia during my childhood years, so many of the city layouts actually brings back good old memories of a suburban town I grew up in.

Keep it up! ;)

marsh

And he's back!  &dance Can't wait for more! I love your work.  ;D

,marsh

bat

Nice start of your new MD.
Looking forward to more...

namspopof

STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

wallasey

Great work; the presentation is top notch as are your city scapes!

Cant wait to see more!

sumwonyuno

Nice to see you again!  Great job on the pictures.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Tomas Neto

Nanami

Yay, you're back!! Like before, I love your MD work!

Looking forward to see more!

Sky Guy

Welcome back, and thanks for all the somments. Today we look at the Capital, Bandar Sabah's, airport. Enjoy:

A Diagram giving some information about the Terminal and Surrounding Area

A small Mosiac of the airport during a light drizzle.

And finally an overview

Replies

StegSC: Thank you for the nice comment
Adetsaj: Thanks, hope I do it justice ;)
teddyrised: Thanks, Well I know who to go to for information. I have never been anywhere in asia, so I am going on a wing and a prayer :P
marsh: Ahhh! Marching elephants :P haha thanks, my friend, I learned a lot from your CJ :)
bat: Thank you
namspopof: Thanks, I tried to keep it brief so I can go into detail later...
wallasey: Thank you, it takes me forever to build anything as I am extreme OCD :P
sumwonyuno: Thanks, its good to be back :)
Tomas Neto: Thanks, great work you do btw.  :thumbsup:
976: Thanks, my friend, I will be watching your MD as well. :)

art128

A fantastic airport shown there, good job! I love its shape with the added in time terminals. The only thing I could say is about the ground textures.... well it looks like a Picasso painting! :D You might have to take a look to make them more unified with a single color (the light gray one or the dark gray one). but overall excellent work. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

RickD

Great small airport.  :thumbsup: I like the layout but I have to agree with art about the textures.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Sky Guy

Today, I will be showing a large part of the capital, Bandar Sabah. It is the largest city in the country, and is the center for economic growth. I will show how quickly it is growing in a later update. Enjoy:

Bandar Sabah Part I

And now for two little treats...
An overview going from the Pantai Opera House through the city center

And a night shot stretching from the Bandar Sabah Marketplace to the Sultan Khobel Miri Mosque

;D

Replies
art128: Thanks, yeah I might have overdone it a bit :P I was going for the old, worn-out, over-crowded, and constant maintaining airport. :)
RickD: Thank you, my other airports will be more regular looking as they are newer. ;)

kelis

I like so much your new MD Sky Guy, It's very realistic we can see a great Asian style,
Like Bangkok, Jakarta or Manila...Really stunning job  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tomas Neto

nemanjanv7

This MD look promising  :thumbsup:

And if it's not a problem can you send me links for oil rigs and diagonal apartments.

Well done so far...
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

bat

Great looking airport there! Also the newest update is wonderful! Nice night shot!!

Nanami