• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM diagonality issues

Started by aranster, July 10, 2011, 01:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aranster

Hey there, I have an annoying issue with my NWM
I created a boulevard with two OWR-2s and pedmall between them. Most of the boulevard is diagonal. Now, I want to widen my boulevard's OWR-2s to OWR-3s along the whole boulevard. In the straight section, I had no problem to do it, but I have a problem with it in the diagonal section (Which is the most of the boulevard). In this section, I have intersections between the diagonal OWR-2's between diagonal regular Maxis roads, and  when I try to make an intersection between diagonal OWR-3's and regular roads, the OWR-3 road turns into OWR-2 starting the intersection and so on. I thought to make an intersection between diagonal OWR-3 and diagonal ARD-3, because I thought that maybe it'll solve the problem and because the traffic from the ARD-3 will fit in the OWR-3s better than regular Maxis road, and I had this issue again. Now, I can't change the boulevard's route to make it straight, because I don't want to demolish already built areas.

Here are some pics to show you the problem (The city in the picture isn't the city I mentioned)

This is the current status of the intersection:

And I want to make it like this intersection, but between diagonals:

And this is the issue I occur when I try to make it diagonal:

There is a solution for that? Or will be included in NWM 2.0?

Tarkus

If you read the Readme, under Contents, Section G. (Draggable Network Components, Intersections and Transitions), you'll notice the following.  I've bolded the applicable parts.

Single-Tile Networks (TLA-3, AVE-2, ARD-3, OWR-1, OWR-3)

The single-tile networks in the NWM allow for orthogonal and limited diagonal functionality. The single-tile networks can form orthogonal intersections and overpasses with the following networks:

all Maxis networks
    Ground Light Rail (GLR), both standard and rural versions
    all single- and dual-tile NWM networks
    RHW-2, MIS, ERHW-4 and EMIS networks from the RealHighway (RHW) mod (available separately)
    Single-Track Rail (STR) from the Railway Addon Mod (RAM)
    High Speed Rail (HSR) from the High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

All other network crossings/intersections (including all diagonals) are not supported and will cause reversion to the respective base (Road or One-Way Road) intersections.

Some diagonal intersections for single-tile networks will be added in Version 2.0.  However, given the current pace of development, it's most likely that diagonal intersections between two single-tile NWM networks (as you've described here) won't be among them, unfortunately.  I'm looking to have a few smaller updates to the NWM after 2.0, and that functionality is likely to appear in one of those.

-Alex

aranster

Okay,
I read the paragraph you quoted from the readme, and I read there that single-tile networks can form orthogonal overpasses with GLR.
Where can I find it?

Tarkus

Quote from: aranster on July 10, 2011, 02:12:32 AM
Okay,
I read the paragraph you quoted from the readme, and I read there that single-tile networks can form orthogonal overpasses with GLR.
Where can I find it?

Just use the draggable GLR, and drag it across the NWM network.

-Alex

aranster

Okay,
just one more question:
Will be there in the future NWM bridge over other networks and Rail bridge over NWM? I refer to the overpass puzzle pieces that included in the NAM.

Tarkus

Quote from: aranster on July 10, 2011, 02:28:21 AM
Okay,
just one more question:
Will be there in the future NWM bridge over other networks and Rail bridge over NWM? I refer to the overpass puzzle pieces that included in the NAM.

Yes, those are definitely planned.  They will not be in place for Version 2.0, however.

-Alex

aranster

Alright, thank you very much  :)