• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kwanyoni Bridge ... keeping it basic

Started by Colyn, April 22, 2007, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colyn

Well I have always wanted more "rough" and "basic" smaller bridges for my bushland portions of the region.

After reading the Tutorial I decided to try it ...

Jeronij made few comments and I have a question or two ...

1. The START/END piece ... does that need to be exactly 16x16 or can that be made longer ?

2. Can we change the actual transport texture to be something else ?

Here is what I have sofar ... it is all three pieces and needs a few more elements.

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

HabLeUrG

that looks so detailed and unique, excellent work  :thumbsup: &apls

jeronij

Short of time now.... ::)

1) no, but keep it always tileable, (16x16,16x32,16x48,16x64.....)
2) You can use the texture that you prefere I suggested the existing textures to keep visual compatibility with the other bridges but it is up to you to use them or not  ;)

I hope this lets you continue with this nice and unique one  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Totaly awsome there colyn i cant wait to see the finish project  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Colyn

Ok thanks JR ... now let me ask it this way ...

1. Can the Endpiece be 16 wide 32 long - one piece two tiles long ?

This is where I am now ...

Come see CSX Play

kwakelaar

This is a great idea Colyn, this is indeed something that has not been made yet. :thumbsup:

jeronij

1)  Yes. However keep the pieces as short (in tiles) as possible.

Appropriate combinations:
(width X lenght)= (16x16,16x32,16x48,16x64.....) <--> Tiles (1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4,...)

The width must be always 16 (maximum) - The lenght can be variable, but always a 16 multiplier
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Thanks JR ... noww netx question ...

1. What will happen if the LEGS are not 200m long ?
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

Pls, try to keep all the questions in the same thread.... ::) ... I just answered that question in the other thread. Here is a copy of the answer:

QuoteColyn:
(1st Piece) The start and the end pieces are the same piece, which the game mirrors as necessary.

(2nd Piece)There must be a repeat piece, which normally does not have pylons ( but this depends on the type of bridge that you are doing). I can not see this piece in your bridge

(3rd Piece)There must be a center piece, with pylons, for longer bridge lenghts. This piece should have the pylons-supports as long as possible. I can see this piece in your model ( the center piece).

The 200 meters thing:  You must provide your bridge with as long as possible supports. To see how this works: Make a test with the Krummbach bridge.
Place one bridge at almost sea level
Place one bridge at 100 meters of elevation
Place one bridge at 200 meters of elevation
Place one bridge at 300 meters of elevation

Until the 200 meters you will see the bridge's model pylons
From the 200 meters you will see the Maxis pylons bases (is like a building foundation)
The shorter you make your pylons, the sooner the Maxis foundations will shop up.

About the start/end piece, yes, that is what I mean.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Colyn

Come see CSX Play

freedo50

Nice work Colyn. For an admin, your lack of respect for the rules is appalling, posting the same questions in multiple topics! :D

Colyn

Hmmm ... I did not post in multiple topics :o ... I just got answered in multople topics :)
Come see CSX Play

Gaston

This is really a great bridge design, Colyn.    Hopefully you'll make this available when you are done with it.   I would love to see a bridge like that for streets actually.    It would seem more appropriate.    Really great work.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

apostate

maybe the whole deck could be planks? I dunno, it looks good, but to me the blacktop just doesnt fit

Its your choice though

Colyn

The MODEL files has been sent to Jeronij ... now it is wait and see ... I will be away for 8 days so it will be at least a week before I will see anything. Thanks for the comments and yes I will work on the Textures for the deck when I have more time ... this was done for a first test ...

I want real bundu bridges with vines etc.

PS ... the bridge design is of such that it would look very nasty if you use it too HIGH above the water.
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

So, I recedived the models, and made some modding...
Bad news:  The start piece SC4Model file is corrupted ( bad rendering) and the piece only shows at Zoom 1 and 2. We need this piece to be re-rendered again  &mmm
Good news: All the rest works fine  ;D

As Colyn mentioned, this bridge is not intended to be placed over 45 meters high. This will happens if you do that:

Btw, I have circled the piece joints, because they do not fit exactly well. I suggest you to read the How you get rid of the glitches between pieces tutorial and render all the pieces again to get rid of those ugly joints  ::)  (so, if you want to change the road texture to something different you can also do this, I think if would give the final touch to this unique bridge  ;) )

Now, I will wait until you return....and go for my own one   ;D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Glenni

Just wondering...
Would it be possible to have it have a wooden deck ? :P Now that woulda give a cool look, great work on what's done by the way! ;D

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow! beautiful bridge!!! &apls i'm looking forward to see the finished product, keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

HabLeUrG