• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

bridge dragging behavior question

Started by xannepan, January 05, 2011, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

I have succeeded to create several new bridges for the game (http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12278.msg360258#msg360258)

A question that I have is the following: if you start dragging the bridge from 1-tile land-inward then the starter piece is placed much better when compared to dragging 2-tile land-inward. In the latter case the shore (tile) covers part of the start piece (see picture). However, for the 1-tile example on the opposite shore you always have to continu to drag at least 2-tiles land inward before the game let's you complete the bridge (looks like a bug to me)

Does anyone know if we can change this behavior? Is there perhaps a generic bridge RUL file that controls this behavior?

Thanks,
Alex

noahclem

I've had the same trouble. Jeronij's old road bridge also looks great from one tile in but not right from two. Despite trying every combination of slope mod and bridge height mod I could find I was unable to resolve it. I also posted my problem here some time ago and never got a definitive answer on the problem. It would be awesome if this could be fixed! Otherwise perhaps it would be better to design bridges to look right from two tiles in (on both sides). I've noticed the Maxis stone avenue bridge looks best when placed that way.

Blue Lightning

Well, it has to do with the terrain. If it keeps wanting to draw 2 tiles in, use a 8m digger, flatten out to the water, then flatten the trench that you just made to regular height until you're left with a single tile that's next to the water that slopes down (less than the actual dropoff to the water). Do for both sides of the bridge, and it should draw right. Use  a deeper digger for a bigger effect/more of the end piece shown.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project