• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 1: Route 10 and the Grand River Line

Started by Splime, March 17, 2009, 09:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

So that's the traffic map overview, and in the spirit of road construction, I've used the highway sign generator from kurumi.com for some of the labels.

This is tile E, the future downtown:

The two countries of Vlatixa and Largonia worked together on this transportation project, and this is the major document:

That's my challenge 1, I will probably add some more pics to my main thread soon.

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge.

We would like to see a picture of tile A in Mayor mode and in view 1 and taken from the eastside of the tile (right to left), please. Thanks.

mrb/lynncanox

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Pat

wow Splime that is simply amazing with your Rt 10!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

quackmofro

IH-10 looks lovely. Good rationale for your path choices as well.

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Good choice of crossing the river for both roads and rails below.
B.  The only thing that we didn't like was the tunnel. Building one kills a budget and having it turning around the mountain with longer span would have still been 60 % less costly. Bad choice, the only one.
C. Although crossing the river here is not perfect, but using the hill to give the bridge a certain height is well thought idea, therefor the point you lost with the long bridgespan you earned it back with the smart idea of the rock.
D.  Good choice again for the rivercrossing.
E.  "Cute", my wife said. hm......

Very good choice for both road and rails, but unfortunetly a useless tunnel ruined the total 8 points that you could have had.
Very work in general and a good 7 points were given. Congratulations and good luck with challenge2.

Lynn and Fred