• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 2: Route 12, Bordertown Electric, and the GRV Water Facility

Started by Splime, April 02, 2009, 03:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

The Vlatixa-Largonia Joint Department of Transportation realized that their plans for the Grand River Line and the International Highway bypassed the southwest of the region, and Largonia wanted that to be fixed fairly quickly. Vlatixa was hesitant to put funds towards such a project, until research showed the best location for a water supply would be in Flattsfield (Tile G) in Largonia. The highway (Route 12) starts in Splimoville (Tile E) and goes west into Forksville (Tile D) until turning south and crossing the Grand River. It then enters Flattsfield and turns east towards Larford (Tile H). Then it turns south (not nearly as sharp as it looks, I used the 77.4 degree FAR curve) and follows the River Lar south.

Some pics of Bordertown Electric, the power plant on tile A:

And some pics of the GRV Water Facility, a pumping facility that collects water from the nearby lakes on tile G:

mightygoose

gah, splime, stole my water spot :P great work "hurries off to move plant"(fred you didnt hear that :P)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

mightygoose, I didn't hear and see nothing......... :-X

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmyers2043

Very creative and good idea about putting this challenge near the lakes.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Judging of Challenge 2

A.  Excellent choice of placing the new route. We gave you 5 points for this challenge.
B.  Very good use of lots nicely fenced in securily. But the workers homes should not have been in the same fenced in facility, this is not an army base. We gave you 4 points for the powerstation challenge, because of the details, position and fencing. Very nicely done.
C.   Again, excellent use of lots to create a very nice watersystem facility, but the fenced in worker's home we did not accept as perfect. The rest is perfect! We gave you a solid 4 points for the waterchallenge.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, we liked very much the details of the power and waterfacility, it was only a shame to have the residential part included within the fencing. Excellent work and Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

Splime

Well, I've managed to mess up with something small every time... first a tunnel, then fenced in housing.  :D Oh well, the problems make sense.

Also, this gives me some ideas for this 3rd challenge...

mrbisonm

Quote from: Splime on April 15, 2009, 01:23:46 PM
Well, I've managed to mess up with something small every time... first a tunnel, then fenced in housing.  :D Oh well, the problems make sense.

Also, this gives me some ideas for this 3rd challenge...

Everyone messes up something somewhere sometime.....(does that make sense?) Anyways, others have done so also and pleasing a Governor is not always easy..... ;)
Good work, keep it up!.

Fred

Splime

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 15, 2009, 02:09:58 PM

Everyone messes up something somewhere sometime.....(does that make sense?) Anyways, others have done so also and pleasing a Governor is not always easy..... ;)
Good work, keep it up!.

Fred

Well, I'm glad to have this level of realism and difficulty. It just wouldn't be as fun without it.