• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 5: mrbisonm's Commands

Started by Splime, May 18, 2009, 12:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

I'm standing by for orders... this could get interesting.

Some overview pics to assist your commands:

I should add that mrbisonm is the new rebel leader of the North.

mrbisonm

Thank you for the pictures.
I will now consult my Generals and we will get back to you in a day or two at the latest with our regional demands.
Greetings

Leader of the Rebels

EDIT:  Could we please see another picture with the borderslines on, so we can see in which tiles the roads and rails run. We have big projects in the north. Thank you.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Splime

There you go. You can also use this map if you want:

(Click for full image)

The southern part has changed significantly, but the northern end (your end) is the same.

mrbisonm

My Dear Mayor

Thank you very much for the detailed map you have supplied.
Here are our demands. We would like to add somethings to the tiles F and L. Since they are somewhat not developped areas, we want to have them accessed and inhabited. A nice little village of at least 4,000 (max 10,000) Inhabitants that mostly would live from industry and fishing would be just perfect. Fishing is a big need of ours to feed our people in the west.

Starting in North Splimoville, you will connect a new road (in yellow) in tile F and bring it to the rails in the east, where you will create an intersection and bring one part south to where the rails were interupted and the other part you will connect to the tile L. You will also repair the rail connection, build a control point for the rails and create a rail intersection and connect it to tile L also. See picture 1.

Then you will continue these rails and roads to the east in tile L until you reach the shores of the sea. There you will build a small village with every necessary to have it organized. Since we know that you have excellent cityplanners at your disponibility, we leave it to you to build the small town according to the plan below. Create enough jobs for the population with industrial and commercial zones and build a small fishing harbour (in grey) that will look good. Power should not be too big, nor the watersystem, and because the power plant is built outside the town, it doesn't matter if it pollutes. Since we have some minor financial problems at the moment, we keep building all this in a more low/medium wealth matter.

At last, not least we would like to see one (1) big farm somewhere near the village in tile L.
Oh, and we want a church because we are believers! Don't forget.
I hope my demands are respected and fulfilled to our satifaction, we remain,

Leader of the Rebels

Splime

Well this is quite a bit of work... but it will be done to your specifications. I hope you don't mind if any slight terrain adjustments are made to fit everything.

mrbisonm

Slight terrain adjustments are allowed for building the fishing harbour, no problem there.

Leader of the Rebels

Splime

OK, so here's where the layout stands now:

Sadly, your plan seems to be a victim of trying to fit too much into one area, so the roads and streets don't match up exactly to where they're supposed to be. Some of the blocks have a width of 3 squares, by the way. If this looks alright, I'll move on to zoning and construction.

mrbisonm

Looking good, as I said, it doesn't have to be that exact, but as long as you have the principal. Good work sofar!

Fred

mrbisonm

Change of Adversary:

You will now give orders to newsimaddict.

Thank You
Fred

Splime

A copy of my orders to newsimaddict:

Quote1. Transportation. It seems like route 5 goes through tiles D and G, which are the ones we want to work with. We would like you to build a road that starts in Tile G at Route 5 and goes through Tile D before exiting the region in the West. This road shall be named Splime's Highway.

2. Command Centre. I would like a fairly large compound in the middle of the woods in Tile G. That way, I can rule my people in peace and comfort. Don't make it excessive, but it should be big enough to house me and my advisors. (Also, please make sure it has power and water, however, you choose to deliver it.) I'd like it to be secure, but please don't turn it into a sort of army base.

3. People. In Tile D, we'd like a sizable town that will fill up most of our side of the square. This town can also spill over into tile G, as long as it doesn't get too close to my compound.

4. Jobs. In the town you make, Splime's Highway should be one of the major routes through the town. Along this highway, we'd like some commercial zones, to form the centre of town. If you wish to add any farms, they must be kept within the northern half of tile G. Other forms of industry may be built, but keep them to a minimum.

Misc Notes: We have given you a decent amount of control over how this gets done, so please don't mess up. Also, as your Governor has noted, we would like all of the bridges to be reconnected. If you have any adjustments you'd like to propose, please let me know, and we will work to make a plan we can both agree on.

Splime

It took a lot of work, but I finally have this challenge finished.

First of all, the orders I gave to newsimaddict are in the post above, so I won't copy them here. Below is the region at the moment:

(I got a new Traffic View Mod, so streets show up, and roads are brighter.)

Next, here is how I fulfilled mrbisonm's orders:

The first thing ordered by Mr. Bison M, the new separatist leader, was the reopening of the rail bridge across the Grand River. However, he also ordered the construction of a small rural supply stop for any trains passing by. However, its true purpose was to act as a checkpoint in case anyone tried to cross illegally.

Next, a road was built from North Splimoville to the edge of the ocean, and was named the Bison Highway by the locals. At the end of the highway, the village of Grand Bay was built, and 2471 people now call Grand Bay home. The new separatist leader also ordered the construction of a cow farm, which is one more farm than the last project of Forksville had. However, the VlatCorp leadership is still resistant to adding too many farms, as they don't want to detract from their manufacturing industries. VlatCorp did allow the construction of a small boardwalk, however, which had a few fishing piers and gave Grand Bay an extra source of food.

A few different buildings were built in the center of town, including an elementary school. Unlike their last project, Forksville, there was no high school, since the Forksville High School had very few students and cost far too much to run. There was a full town hall, however, and the citizens of Grand Bay were eager to make use of their local government buildings. They were kept on a tight leash by VlatCorp officials, however, since the government they had separated from and exiled to the south was a similar local government in Westridge.

Of course, it wouldn't be VlatCorp without manufacturing industry. In the northern end, by the road, there are two high-tech buildings, but the industry is largely experimental at this stage.

Moving back to the Largonia side, this is a picture of a scenic river crossing where the Grand River Line (and a road) cross the Salty Brook. (I really wish we could have used zooms 4 or 5, because it looks really nice at those zooms.)

Recently the Largonian Government has been stepping up its response to the separatists, as popular resentment of the exile and reinforcement from abroad has changed the electorate from former Westridge government workers to the working class of South Splimoville. This response includes new checkpoints at the bridges, which have been reopened by VlatCorp.

In fact, a few people had to be displaced in South Splimoville in order to fit a small checkpoint in the road. While it doesn't look very tough, there are also snipers stationed on the roofs of the three tall buildings nearby, in case any rebels try to force their way into the country.

Even the railroads had to be secured. While this is just across from the rebel rail checkpoint, Largonian officials still felt the need to put a guard post by the rails. There's also a water tank that can be used as cover in the event of a firefight.

The response to the rebels has been much more substantial than just a few border checkpoints, however. The Largonian National Guard was established, with an army, navy, and air force. The navy is based in the Splimoville Dockyard, in the Southeast corner of Tile E.

It also houses a fairly large warship on loan from the main Vlatixan Empire far north. While the Vlatixan government is a tyrannical government that hates the ideals of freedom for which the Largonian government in exile stands for, the Largonians at least recognize Vlatixa as the legitimate government of the whole region, whereas VlatCorp has declared independence. The Vlatixan Empire is dealing with its own rebellion crisis in the mainland, so all they could do about the Grand River Valley crisis is lend a boat.

The army base of Largonia is divided into two areas: a main base, which is part of the Unity Military Base in Larford, and a "Firing Range" on the island north of the Splimoville Dockyard. The reason there are quotes arounjd "Firing Range" is because the real purpose of this area is to prepare a defense for any fighting between Largonia and the separatists, and demonstrate Largonian military capability by occasionally shelling the uninhabited island in VlatCorp territory.

This is Unity Military Base, which holds the main part of the army base and the whole of the air force base. The army section in the north also houses the members of the air force, who have to drive to the other side of the runways to get to the planes. This was done deliberately to avoid keeping the jets too close to anything else that might explode easily, such as the motorpools or fuel tanks in the army base.

This is a closer look at the jet hangars in the Air Force Base, which are also on loan from the Vlatixan Empire. Largonia has very little manufacturing industry, so building jet fighters would have been impossible. In fact, the only non-agriculture industrial building south of the Grand River was a pharmaceutical plant before the dockyards and army bases showed up.

So now the question is, will this new arsenal be used any time soon? Or will it sit around as a cold war continues to develop?

mrbisonm

Thank you very much, it is quite to our expectations and we are greatful.

Leader of the Rebels

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.

1. All 4 checkpoints are very well done, the one on the first picture earned you all the points needed to make this part of the challenge perfect. Much effort and unusual details made this a winner. 4 points.
2. Orders that you gave your adversary are quite well, 3 points were given for this.
3. The orders executed were very good, everything was done according to the plan. 4 Points were added.
4. The military installations were well located and installed, but missing some details for the airport, also a little exagerated a little in size. Not very impressive, we still gave you 3 points for this part of the challenge.
5. Scenic rails are nice, maybe missing something more *scenic*, but still we gave you 3 solid points for this.
Being ontime earned you a Bonus point of 1 point.

You have earned yourself some 18 points in this challenge, which is very good. ;)

Lynn and Fred