• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Wonderful stuff you are doing here  &apls
Fab pics ..... but..

Quote"If you have any questions or comments about how I display my images, feel free to post a reply."
Superb pics with a lot of effort put in but and this is my opinion its all lost on me &mmm
Personally I do not wish to click and wait for the pic to load in a new tab and then click again and then have to scroll
to see the whole picture - I just don't have the time  ()sad() Sorry

So I will stick to seeing them compressed and know they are better in full resolution but time is time and there is so much to do on here.
I will pop back from time to time to check things out

regards
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Haljackey

Replies:

un1:  Thanks!  Great to see you here!

bat:  Hey, thanks a lot!  Glad you like the overpass!

TheTeaCat:  Thanks for your comments!  About the one about my picture information:
-The way I post pictures is the only "real" way for you to see exactly what I see.  I keep receiving positive comments about the way I post my pictures, so I continue to improve this method as much as I can.  However, I agree that time is time, and clicking the pictures is for only those who have time to do so.  Also, I dislike how SC4D's format has to open them in a new tab, reloading the image.  (On ST the image enlarges on the same tab, thus reloading does not happen.)  So, with that said, if you have time to see the full resolution photos, the opportunity is there.  If not, then the standard pictures are still available for you.

Update Time!

In this update, I have zoned a new area for development south of the river, just north of the sunken highway.  The rolling hills in the area and the proximity to the coast, transportation and the CBD will increase the overall land value.

Pictures
Click the images for full resolution! (1920x1200.)
-See my Picture Information for more info.

A look at part of the new zoned area.

The other side of the new area.  Note how quickly development comes.

Soon after zoning, the area pretty much becomes a huge construction site!

The new station is open for business!
-Also, how many curved pieces are used in this picture? The correct answer will come in the next update!

What's this, a seaport in the making?

Sunset over organized chaos.

Funny pic:  I guess I don't have enough room to make an interchange here, eh?

Anyways, that does it for now!  Update 54 is well on its way!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Looks great! I'm not really a fan of the white retaining walls you used tho. They look too clean for those situations.
Perhaps you should try these:thumbsup:

By the way, my guess is ten curved pieces.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

un1

Nice!! Are you still conyinueing it here??? I guessed the same Capervg but at ST first!!!!

Toichus Maximus

Haljackey

Replies:

caspervg:  Thanks!  10 curved pieces is close!  Not a fan of those walls?
-I have tried many times to use the set you linked.  However, its too complicated for me.  Do you know of a simpler set to use? (just one texture)

un1:  Thanks a lot!  Yes I am continuing it here once again.  However it will still be up at ST when the site is stable.  10 curved pieces is close!
Toichus Maximus:  Nine pieces?  Correct!  Have this:   &hlp

Update Time!

So... As many of you may know I have been quite busy making a very large, realistic interchange similar to Mightygoose's RHW stack in the Show Us Your Intersections thread.  I have been trying to make something similar, a RHW Cloverstack that is UDI-compatible and 99% RHW (the other 1% being one-ways for overpasses and tunnels).

But, I do have an update for ya!  Again, sorry about the wait.

Click on the pictures for full resolution!  (1920x1200)

Urban planners underestimated the number of lanes needed for this overpass.  Traffic is terrible, and the area hasn't even completely developed!  The road has been widened in all areas but the overpass.

That's better, eh?  There is a 1 tile shift between the highway, and designers thought it would be better to put it in the undeveloped south rather than demolish development in the north.

Construction takes place near the busy highway:

Looking near the RHW curve.  The station is now open and the city is expanding at a high rate. 

A closeup of the new station and RHW expressway. 

Now, a photo way out of Terran Settlement in the rural part of the Greater Terran Region.  Regional planners have urged the government to construct a vast network of rural highways in the region's northern and western sections to encourage development out of the dense urban areas. 
-Now the project has begun.  A huge cloverstack interchange has been constructed linking two major highways in this new network.  It is the backbone of the entire project.
-Here is a image of the new interchange, 99% completed.  (Image saved @ 100% quality, so it may take a while to load when clicked on.)

Anyways, that's it for now!  Stay tuned for more!

Best,
-Haljackey

CasperVg

Looking very nice there, Haljackey! It looks like the new all-intergrated interchange was designed by an engineer who really wanted to prove himself.  %wrd . You did a nice job in aliviating the traffic problem on that overpass too.

un1

dedgren

Hal...

...and now I know, from somewhere, that you aren't actually Hal- you have one of those secret first names, like Native American warriors who believe they will die if their true name is revealed...

...my friend, you are the Interchange Meister- you and our friend John (mightygoose).  You guys are folks after my own heart!  I love interchanges maybe more than anyone besides kurumi [linkie].

Wait 'til Alex (Tarkus) gets a bit more of the MIS out there.  We'll be able to model almost anything- and that will be yet another day the game changes once again forever.

Great work!

Oh, btw- please, pretty please- stop shouting at us about FULL RESOLUTION!  Trust us, we get it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

mightygoose

@dedgren, thanks for the vote of confidence :P

@hal great update i love the HOV express feeder on the avenue interchange, its a really clever little feature that although not too functionally effective in game adds great realism.

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Tarkus

Haljackey, that is some truly fine work there.  I enjoyed seeing the overpass widening quite a bit.  The first thing I thought when I saw that pic was "I wonder if he's going to widen that overpass?"  :D 

The Avenue Roundabout usage in the fourth pic is very clever. 

And what to say about that massive RHW interchange?   :o  It's just absolutely amazing.  You've really outdone yourself there.

(And thanks to David (dedgren) for the vote of confidence as well  &blush  I am looking forward to seeing what you do with all the crazy new stuff. ;))

-Alex (Tarkus)

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: dedgren on June 04, 2008, 06:05:06 PM

Oh, btw- please, pretty please- stop shouting at us about FULL RESOLUTION!  Trust us, we get it.
David

I'd advise against it -- it's his catchphrase  :thumbsup:

Please, continue as you are -- this is a great CJ  &apls

Haljackey

Replies:

caspervg:  Hey, thanks a lot!  And which engineer was that?  :P

un1:  Great!  Thanks for the reply!

dedgren:  Multiple replies for you:
-You are correct.  My first name is not Hal.  But if my real name was revealed, I actually wouldn't care that much.  I am in no way like those Native American warriors you speak of.
-Thanks for the "praise" on that interchange.  Everyone excels at something or another in this game, and interchanges is my specialty (along with Mightygoose).  I have seen kurumi's page before, and it is a very informative site.  However, it is not a very accurate source (interchange specifics), but is a good place for general knowledge.
-Like pretty much everyone else, I cannot wait for the next RHW release.  We can already do so much with the current version, and I bet future releases could have infinite possibilities.
-About the "Full Resolution" comment, I can see where you are coming from.  The way I set up this MD is I have a picture information section on the first reply of a page, notifying viewers how I post the images here.  All other updates are just a reminder to the newer viewers, and they can check out the picture information above if they want more information.  I never thought I shouted this, but I guess it is in a large, bolded text.  I will "lower" my voice then, its not a problem at all!

EDIT: "Hal," my good friend- that wasn't "praise"- it was full out PRAISE. -DE

mightygoose:  You do??? That's just a space consumer.  I am glad you liked it!  I have constructed several short HOV links throughout the Greater Terran Region, but this one is merely a "pull over" area for buses.

Tarkus:  Hey, thanks a lot!  I am glad you really enjoyed this update!  I hope you enjoy the next one!

Patricius Maximus:  Catchphrase?  Well, I do post it a lot, but I never thought it was anything special.  Thanks for commenting!
-Oh, and here, CJs are MDs, which are essentially the same thing with two different names.

Update Time!

Due to the feedback recieved from the new RHW interchange I thought I would be the first to drive on it before it opens to public traffic. 

So, I have a new video for you! My first video posted @ SC4D!  A UDI experience you will never forget. 

-A high-quality video is linked to this post.  Just click on the file and it should play on your default media player.

A Youtube video box should appear below.  If you can't see it or are having problems, follow the link below it.  Make sure you turn up your speakers!

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZzqzraqGUD8&hl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqzraqGUD8

A High-quality video should be found below.

Download High-Quality Video HERE!

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
-Haljackey

rhythmandjays

That....is...a....HUGE interchange. And all of the trees! It must've took you a while to do that.

Excellent video and nice music track...I love percussive music. Bravo!  &apls &apls &apls

dedgren

"Hal," your video ROCKS!  Those smooth RHW curves have never been shown to such great effect.

Heather wants to know what the music is, too.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jmyers2043

That has got to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I watched the entire video. Thanks for sharing  &apls   
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

MandelSoft

Driving along that one huge interchange ... AWESOME! It must be a huge amount of work to construct it!  &apls &apls
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

JoeST

that was rather AWESOME!!! very very well done, where u get the music? (lol your gona get that a lot)

you truly can be called an interchange master

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CasperVg

I can only idem dito every comment on the video before me  $%Grinno$%

klaascornelis

Dude! Thats some Crazy bade ass infrastructure &apls &apls