• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nyhaven: An Engineer's View (Some Engineering Achievements)

Started by woodb3kmaster, January 17, 2008, 06:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

Well, a new commer for Nyhavn, and so far I like my stay! Looking forward to read the next letters and pictures. And the hints about roadgeekery make me even more enhousiastic. So, a big warm welcome here on SC4-Devotion woodb3kmaster/shane!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BigSlark

Glad to hear you're checking in, its nice to know you haven't disappeared on us! As for your Residential demand problem, we need to page Nate (xxdita) or Tage (Ripplejet) as they're the masters of demand and development. Make a post about it in Playing The Game Help and see what they come up with.

I'm looking forward to the next NYHaven update.

Cheers,
Kevin

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear of your demand problems, my friend. I'd recommend hat Alex (Tarkus) suggested and try experimenting with the CAM. Either way, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do next!

GreekMan

wood!
how's it going?
you left St! :'( I thought you died
I like city as all ways wood!
keep it up

sorry about all of those stupid pms on ST....
forgive me!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

sauron620

Great pictures! there are old BATs and at the same time modern buildings! it's not all the time easy to blend these two types and there it's....wonderful, really

:thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

Alright! Now that my downtown demand problems have been solved, I've been able to resume development in the heart of Nyhaven. In just a couple of game years, the population has increased by some 40,000 sims! It just goes to show what a good tax policy can do for a city...

Anyway, I had writer's block with my attempts to continue the "Letters from Nyhaven" series, so I've decided to go back to the roadgeekery that you all know me for. To begin, here's a look at a couple of engineering projects that our star engineer, Paul Franconi, headed up during the past few years.

First off, the Nyhaven MetroRail system got two new subway lines added to it. Visible here is a stretch of the new Puget Line, which runs from the busy Midtown Junction station out to the suburbs on Puget Island.

Also, the Gold Line was built to connect the northeastern parts of the city with the South Point Observation Tower. It is a much-needed extra link through downtown Nyhaven, the first line in a long time to not pass through the crowded City Hall station.

Finally, Nyhaven International Airport received a fourth runway, designated 11L/29R, to provide extra capacity for flights connecting at the new Terminal 3, which I showed you in this MD's introduction. Here, you can see the southern blast pad being paved.

Thanks once again to all of you who replied to my last two posts! I'm grateful for all your responses.
Kevin/BigSlark: Glad to know you're a fan! Sorry you didn't end up in a more interesting college town *coughlikeLosAngelescough* Sorry about that; I'm a bit sick right now :P
John/DFire870: I'm glad you like my trademark! I hope this update lives up to your standards.
sebes: Thanks a lot! I aim to please. (Also, my real name is Zack; Shane was just the name of that letter-writer. You're still free to call me by my name, though :))
GreekMan: Welcome to SC4D! Sorry to disappear like that; I had kind of a tough summer, followed by a busy fall quarter. Don't feel bad about those PM's; I didn't know about them until well after you sent them because of how ST doesn't send emails when I get new PM's. Glad you're here though, and still as big a fan as before!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

Wood the update is a real good one and I loved the airport!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful pictures of the subways! Also nice ones of the great looking airport!

Looking forward to more...

thundercrack83

Subway lines look great, woodb3kmaster! And so does the airport! Can't wait to see more development!

GreekMan

&apls nice work wood!
Great to see theis CJ again

I can't wait to see Nyhaven in the Classic MD section!

PS: have you seen your hockey team?!
There are soooo good! Unfortunatly my team lost to your Killerwhales.... :'(
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

sebes

Heavens - that is a great airport Woodbe3kmaster~- you must have spent quite some hours plopping all those tiles to create those diagonal runways
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN