• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

It's nice to see some more TTR content--I'm always game for some RUL 0x10000002ing. 

Aidan continues to be in my thoughts and I really hope everything goes well with his treatment.

Edit: And congrats on hitting the big #10,000 on the post count!  Here's to another 10,000. :thumbsup:

-Alex

dedgren

Holy Mackerel- we're here!

Thank you my great friend, Alex (Tarkus)!  And 9,999 thank yous to all the 3RR Regulars*.

David

* If it weren't for all the folks who have posted here at least once we wouldn't be here today.  You are the best!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

oooh, congrats on 10k :D though the celebration will be overshadowed, I hope for Aidan and for you also.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mayorfabz

Kudos on the big 10K, Master. That is an incredible achievement. And IMHO, the winter landscape looks pretty amazing even though you have reservations about it.

Best wishes for Aidan + Family

Fabien

Dark_Jedi06

3 tracks?!

Will the madness ever cease! :'(

I hope everything turns out well with the family. :(
...this space to be filled soon...

dragonshardz

-coughs-

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here, hasn't it?

Turns out going to college and living on your own (not to mention getting addicted to Minecraft) really takes a lot of time IRL.

I'll be here, lurking as usual.

Also, best of wishes for your grandson, dedgren, and for his family as well. He's in my prayers, and I hope he recovers quickly.

metarvo

We've had the first quadruple-0 post!  Congratulations!  The TTR preview is bringing up flashbacks of the 3RR that carried us to 10,000 posts in the first place.  I guess the TTR is to the DTR as the ARD-3 or TLA-3 is to the Road.  I'm assuming rail traffic on the center track will be dealt with like the two-way rail traffic on the STR, or will it?  Have you thought about this yet?  Of course, I guess we won't have to worry about any head-on train wrecks (I just had to bring that back up).  The seasonal stuff is looking rather nice as well.

:thumbsup:

I'm continuing to hope for the best for Aidan's speedy and complete recovery, David.  %wrd
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Cali

Congrats on the 10,000! And thank you for the many innovations and creativity that you have given to us over the years..  I do Pray for the safety and health of your family as you endure this trying time.  - Jason
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Ryan B.

David, what an accomplishment to reach 10,000 posts (and many time more views than that)!  I've had a great time riding along here, and the fun is only just beginning!

Hope Aidan's doing OK as well - I'll be thinking about y'all from down here.

Oh, and one more thing - you should find a present in your E-mail sometime this week.  ;)

dedgren

This is the news from Gary, Aidan's dad, today.

QuoteDear friends of Aidan. This is the kind of post we had hoped we would not have to make. Steph and I have been talking with Aidan's surgeon and have spent the last day processing not only the information from the doctors, but also our own feelings before we shared the longer term prognosis. Aidan's surgery was successful from the point that Aidan did so well and the doctors were able to remove a large portion of the tumour; however, unfortunately, they were not able to remove the entire tumour. Some of the tumour remains attached to the dura, the covering between the skull and the brain. For the entire tumour to have been removed they would have to remove the portion of the dura that the tumour remained stubbornly attached which would have meant they would have to operate directly over one of the major veins to his brain. Aidan's surgeons were worried this would have lead to an aneurism and Aidan would pass away. It was their feeling during surgery from what they could tell of the tumour that it was unfortunately the type that is recurring and likely to grow again. So, they decided on a conservative course of action for the present and have sent the tumour to be analysed by a team of pathologists who will issue a report on their findings. With this information, a team of Aidan's doctors, and oncologist, etc will then decide with us the best course of action. Aidan's doctor has advised us already that there are really only three courses of action. Have additional operations, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or a combination of those three. We will not know for about two weeks what their recommendation will be and the doctors want Aidan to heal and grow strong during that time so that he will win his next battle.

I don't know what else to say.  Thank you for continuing to keep Aidan in your thoughts.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Cali

Nothing more heartbreaking than a child in a hospital. My thoughts and prayers are with you. One thing I learned from my years here is that when one person suffers, we all do. and when one celebrates, we all do. your friend-Jason
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

travismking

I teared up a little when I read that, there is nothing more saddening to me than a child in the hospital for something this serious. My prayers go out to Aidan and his parents, and the rest of the family. My son is a few months younger than Aidan, and it really pains me to think about a child that young in this situation.

thundercrack83

We're all here for you and we're all thinking about Aidan, David.

Please give your family our best.

Dustin

Decifra

I've been following TRR since it started but I've never posted before...I tought I'll never will, just contemplating the passion and creativity of everyone here used to make me smile...now I'm heartbroken. So young, so unfair. There is only one thing I can do and is keeping positive toughts. Children are resilient, much better than we are as adults. It is unfair and we all ask.. why? I don't have/know the answer but I'll keep rooting for Aidan!
Tony
"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death".  Robert Fulghum

kalanc69

As a father of four young children this tears me up inside.   &cry2 All I can say is that he is an adorable child of GOD, and as a Christian I have to believe that GOD will do what is best for Aidan and his family. We don't always understand or agree with his plans, but we can stand by his promise that he will bring about all things for the good of his kingdom. My heart goes out to you and your family David, and I only wish I could somehow reach in there and remove that cancer myself. Children are very resilient, and I have seen them overcome medical situations that would literally kill an adult. I have to believe in my heart that Aidan has the physical and mental strength to overcome this, especially with all the love and support he is receiving from his family and friends. We will keep you continually in our prayers here David, and we are always here for you should you need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to speak in to...GOD Bless you and your family!

threestooges

He's a step closer to where he needs to be, so that's some good news, and good to see the picture too, he seems like he's doing well after the surgery there. I hope that the pathologist's report produces some good news and that the next steps from here keep making progress. Hope you and your family are well as well David.
-Matt

ldvger

Well, the good news is Aidan won this first round, now he needs to heal and gain strength for round 2.  While all life is inherently frail, babies can be remarkably resilient, so I will continue to keep him in my thoughts and send positive energy his way.  He looks cheerful in the photo, and we all know a sunny outlook can works wonders.

Lora/LD

Silur

David, I think all of us support Your family ...
Nicks

mayorfabz

David, that picture breaks my heart. I have two kids. Couldn't live without them. I wish with all my heart things will be OK. I'll be thinking of you guys.
Fabien

metarvo

()sad()

Don't ever forget that you have a community that is behind you all the way, David!  Aidan came through the surgery, so I'm sure he can pull through.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.