• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Hey David, where is the snow? Not that this is a volunteery action you can choose to have happen, but I was just wondering if you have seen that happen in game, where there is giant snow everywhere, and you can't see what your doing, because your ground is covered with it. It actually happened to me just recently, but was the first time it ever occured to me. In my opinion, too bad snow in reality isn't exclussive to Christmas, its too slippery to drive on ice for me, and with the angry drivers. Unfortanetly online or not, you'll always run into the angry, but I hope next year, every one, not just the SC4 community, but people in general will be possitive. I wish Christmas was how its advertised to be, with cheer, and good will towards others, but when there is only one toy left, customers will go at it, hard to make their kids happy, and the shopping mall is the worst place for all this attitude.

Grneyes

David, I hope that your break gives you whatever mental refreshing you need. Everyone needs a mental break now and then. I'm sure when you come back you will be bigger and better before. SC4 cannot afford to lose someone like you, or any of the other awesome custom content makers out there. Have a very Merry Christmas and we'll be here when you get back!

MaryBeth

thundercrack83

Enjoy your break, David! If anyone deserves one, it's most certainly you, my friend!

And j-dub, actually, 3RR is not based in Alaska, but on the border between Minnesota and Manitoba, though they definitely have snow there, I'd say!

frdrcklim

Happy Christmas break. Mine's just four more days away. Yep, it's our finals week and after that. I'm all games.

lol when you say this will be short, it's still longer than the other people's posts but yeah i do agree. When I first saw what you wrote in the forum rules, I was actually terrified  :D. I was like OMG, I don't wanna mess with him. But if you think about it, the rules are pretty simple and it don't bother me no more. If I did break some, I'd usually get a polite or professional message saying what they did to it or that I've broken the rules and since I love to stay in the community, I eventually comply to the minor rules I've broken. I've only broken two rules so far in this site but it's fixed (so don't change my rep ;D).

I love joining the forums here more than at Simtrop (except CJs). The forums here are well organized. So yeah, there's just too much benefits in SC4D both at the forums and at LEX.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

metarvo

Have a Merry Christmas, David!  Don't worry, I'll be here after Christmas, to see what kind of present you might have for us in 3RR.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

calibanX

Thanks for all you have done for us David. I just checked the member count on the exchange and it reads 43,000+ members. That's nearly the size of the city I live in here in the suburbs of Minneapolis. I hate to see a few bad apples negatively affect the great community we have here in SC4D and in 3RR. There is a bright note, however. For every individual that has a beef with the site there are literally thousands of others who use and appreciate SC4D every day, and do it within the rules. I love the site and I have seen professionalism and dedication by Jeronij and the administrators. I hope all is well.

Merry Christmas David! and Merry Christmas to all the 'Good Apples'!

Where City and Country Flow Together

dedgren

A little Python (Monty) for those who were worried...

I've been working pretty much day and night on a big project with an, er... imminent deadline.

...imminent- that's pretty soon, right?...

So, here's a peek.

...I said it was just a peek...

But I'm not completely heartless.  Here's some "big project" eyecandy.

Back to the lab!

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

&apls I can't wait to beta test these...that is if you'll let me. Of course it all depends on how a coconut got to England , unless it was 2 African swallows that worked together.

Thanks for the update from the lab , and make sure that "eye-gor"  is helping!

Jayson

choco

those pics have sharp fangs!!  &apls

thundercrack83

Unbelievable, David. Just...unbelievable!

Dustin

wes.janson

This more than makes up for the unseasonal -8 temperature we are suffering through in Vancouver.  &apls

(Yes.. I realize that -8 isn't that bad compared to the rest of the northern North America, but we are pathetic when it comes to winter here)

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

un1

&apls

Looking very nice dedgren!  :thumbsup:

-un1

deathtopumpkins

Ahhh... always enjoy looking at some beautiful 3RR STR pics...  &apls Keep up the great work David.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

threestooges

They say good things are worth the wait, and this update is certainly worth the wait. Not much more to say about it than that, except that immenent is a good word for it, at least... I think it is, perhaps.
-Matt

bakerton

David, that is a wonderful sneak peak that you have shown us regulars. Now, I get to watch snow fall at 23 degrees F here in southern Wisconsin and I hate snow and cold. Have fun David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

frdrcklim

Wow, this is some super update now  :o.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

metarvo

The STR is really shaping up.  This wonderful sneak peek you have shown us makes me look forward to it even more.  I'll have a good time with this when it's released.  ;D  Thanks for continuing to maintain 3RR's high level of standards, David.

&apls

EDIT: No one seems to have noticed, so I'm going to say it.  Congratulations, j-dub, for doing a double-0 in 3RR.

EDITThanks, my friend, for doing that.  I'm on (excuse me for saying this) rails these days- my attention isn't what it should be.  j-dub, welcome to the Double-0 Club!  -DE
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Dino007

Everything in your thread is amazing! &apls &apls
I can't wait for STR release! :thumbsup:

EDITDino, welcome!- another great first 3RR/SC4D post!  -DE
TIGR

Silur

Hi, David ...
Wonderful work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

dedgren

The Portland, Oregon airport is actually a pretty decent place to spend a couple of hours between flights at 5:30 in the morning working on 3RR.

It's pretty quiet, but everything is open.

They do public wi-fi right here.  It's free (as it is in Anchorage and Helena, but just about nowhere else in the states that I've been lately), but even better, there's comfortable, well-wired public spaces to use it.

Helena's got a very nice "business center" with public use desks and comfortable furniture.  In Anchorage, it's those awful black plastic air terminal seats with the laptop balanced on your knees, and that's if you can find an open outlet to plug in to.

Portland International (PDX) also has fine dining...

...just across the concourse from wherever you are.  Mmmmmmmmm...burgers for breakfast, anyone?

Later (and two states to the east).

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax