• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Hi Jim,

So if I make a stage 4 lot in SC4_Pim and edit the growth stage into 6 I have a stage 6 lot? Requiring a park nearby and all?
Vortex said something about Occupant Groups. He said I should check these in the CAM stage 6 farms (yours, mostly?) and use these in my own farms. Because Occupant Groups are a thing I never bothered about I am a bit shy in fooling around with them.
I did, though, add the Occupant Groups in odrer to let them be counted by the CAMelot Counter, like is stated in the "CAMeLot Counter and Occupant Groups" thread.
I wonder, by the way, why I shuld add an occupant group to stage 1, 2 and 3, because they will not appear on the Counter list anyway? Is there some other reason?
But because I am a good boy I added the Occupant Group anyway. I'd like my farms to be in line with the other farms around.

Thanks a lot for all help.

jmyers2043

Quote from: FrankU on October 02, 2012, 02:24:32 AM
Hi Jim,

So if I make a stage 4 lot in SC4_Pim and edit the growth stage into 6 I have a stage 6 lot? Requiring a park nearby and all?

Yes.

Quote from: FrankU on October 02, 2012, 02:24:32 AM
... He said I should check these in the CAM stage 6 farms (yours, mostly?) ...

Here is the list of farm related Occupant groups.

Stages:
B5C00C21 = Stage 1 Farm
B5C00C22 = Stage 2 Farm
B5C00C23 = Stage 3 Farm
B5C00C24 = Stage 4 Farm
B5C00C25 = Stage 5 Farm
B5C00C26 = Stage 6 Farm (Woodland Preserves)
B5C00C27 = Stage 7 Farm (Historical Landmarks)

Category:
B5C00C30 = Farm - Meat
B5C00C31 = Farm - Dairy
B5C00C32 = Farm - Poultry
B5C00C33 = Farm - Fish
B5C00C34 = Farm - Timber
B5C00C35 = Farm - Vegetables
B5C00C36 = Farm - Fruit
B5C00C37 = Farm - Wine
B5C00C38 = Farm - Nursery
B5C00C39 = Farm - Herbs and Spices
B5C00C3A = Farm - Grain
B5C00C3B = Farm - Tobacco
B5C00C3C = Farm - Beer Related
B5C00C3D = Farm - Alcoholic Bev Related.
B5C00C3E = Farm - Medicinal
B5C00C3F = Farm - Textiles
B5C00C40 = Farm - Equine

Type of Farming :
B5C00C50 = Farm - GM produce ... use to trigger LABS etc.
B5C00C51 = Farm - Organic - to count CLEAN Farms.
B5C00C52 = Farm - Homestead and Cottage - Small scale.
B5C00C53 = Farm - Commercial Orientated.

These are the occpants I would use if I were release a stage 3 wheat farm.

B5C00C23, B5C00C3A, B5C00C52

Good Luck - Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

FrankU

Oh, I didn't know about the Category and the Types. I did add the Stage Occupant Groups, so if I did it correctly the farms will be counted by the CAMelot Counters

But what are the Category and the Types for? Some kinds of rewards?
I did a search on Occupant Groups but, maybe it's my thickness of head, but I couldn't find useful information on them. So I rely on you again.

jmyers2043

Hey Frank!

Quote from: FrankU on October 02, 2012, 06:10:59 AM
But what are the Category and the Types for? Some kinds of rewards?

Yes. Your farm will count toward current or future rewards if you choose to use the OG's. The SimGoober Farm Bureau counts farms by stage growth. It also counts the category and type OG's too. So, include them if there is a reasonable match to your farms product and while you have iLive's reader open.

You can use the small farm and organic farm together, B5C00C52 and B5C00C51. I hope it makes sense to have only one growth stage OG.

I have many things on my 'to do' list  ::)  but I am going to delve into the OG's one of these days. SimGoober left some room in his query for future categories. My corn farms could be ethanol, feed crops, food/vegetable, or alcohol.   

Good Luck - Jim

FrankU

Hi Jim,

I expect there is no elaborate explanation on this subject somewhere on the forum? Otherwise I should have found it, or you would have pointed me to it, right?
I see the purpose of some of the OG's, but not all.

The stages are clear.
I can see what the category means: the Simgoober Farm bureau counts these. So if I add these OG's the bureau counts my farms. That would be nice. But I remember I did read something about the amount of farm fields. Are they counted too? Or do I have to add these numbers also to the farm field lots? Or is that something completely different?

But then again: the Types.
These are for triggering rewards? Which rewards exactly?
And what does GM mean?
When is a farm defined as organic?
Homestead, I guess, is a small farm?
And Commercial Oriented is a large farm? I mean: all farms are commercial oriented. The farmer wants to make fprofit otherwise he and his family will starve.

I'd like to know as exact as possible, because I do not want my lots to screw up some kind of CAM-wide system, you know?

Thanks again, Frank

jmyers2043

Quote from: FrankU on October 02, 2012, 10:58:28 AM
...  But I remember I did read something about the amount of farm fields. Are they counted too? Or do I have to add these numbers also to the farm field lots...

Not to the farm lot. Field OG's are used with the 1X1 farm field lots. Here are the field OG's if you feel like creating new fields some day. 

Fields:
B5C00C01 = Field - Grain
B5C00C02 = Field - Fruit
B5C00C03 =
B5C00C04 =
B5C00C05 =
B5C00C06 =
B5C00C07 = Field - Timber
B5C00C08 = Field - Genetic Modified (Trigger Labs)
B5C00C09 = Field - Organic (Clean)
B5C00C0A = Field - Herbs & Spices
B5C00C0B = Field - Textiles
B5C00C0C = Field - Nuts
B5C00C0D = Field - Tobacco
B5C00C0E = Field - Alcoholic Beverage
B5C00C0F = Field - Beer Related.
B5C00C10 = Field - Vegetables
B5C00C11 = Field - Nursery (Flowers, shrubs etc.)
B5C00C12 = Field - Vineyards
B5C00C13 = Field - Nature conservation
B5C00C14 = Field - Medicinal
B5C00C15 = Field - General Use

QuoteThese are for triggering rewards? Which rewards exactly?

I don't know exactly. Go to the LEX -> left margin -> search -> documentation. Look for BSC Reward Chain. 

QuoteAnd what does GM mean?

I have no idea. So I've never used it.

QuoteWhen is a farm defined as organic?

Use best judgement. I used it for my hydroponic stage 5 farms. You could make a farm that has a out building where the farmers wife sells jams and jellies. That could be organic.

QuoteHomestead, I guess, is a small farm?

Yes.

QuoteAnd Commercial Oriented is a large farm?

Yes. A good example are the CSX lots called Nexis Feedlot, Nexis Pigs, Nexis Chickens. 

QuoteI do not want my lots to screw up some kind of CAM-wide system, you know

Good idea but it is unlikely. Right now we're just counting and looking at the SimGoober query for the fun. An occasional reward is offered. Neither will upset the game engine.

Take Care - Jim

whatevermind

Quote from: FrankU on October 02, 2012, 10:58:28 AM
And what does GM mean?
When is a farm defined as organic?
Homestead, I guess, is a small farm?
And Commercial Oriented is a large farm? I mean: all farms are commercial oriented. The farmer wants to make fprofit otherwise he and his family will starve.

GM in regards to crops or farms usually means Genetically Modified. Especially since one of the other categories is Organic, they're probably meant to be opposites, which would reinforce that definition of GM.

When is a farm organic? That is something of a hot topic in the real world of farms as it happens. The usual definition is that organic farms are those that do not use artificial chemical pesticides, but the term has been applied to all sorts of farming practices that fall under the rough umbrella of being earth-friendly and/or safer to people/animals.

For SC4 purposes, those definitions could probably be interpreted a number of different ways, depending on what you were going for with your farm.  For something like a Manor house, I don't think either would apply.

Homestead would be something like your traditional family farm - usually smaller, but not always, and definitely being where at least most of the farmers both live and work.  Commercial Oriented would be a generally large-scale farm, the sort of thing that is run by a company or co-op, farmers live elsewhere and commute, produces mass-market food and plants, etc.

At least that's how I would interpret those categories - obviously there's a lot of room for imagination, and it's all up to the creator to decide anyway.

FrankU

OK guys, thanks. This is quite some information.
I feel that my farms are getting better and better by your help.

1. Jim, I did already create a set of new farm fields, look at the STEX. I think I am going to release an update of them together with my farms set. And I am going to include these OG's.
So thanks for the listing.

2. We'll see what happens to the reward chain when someone uses my farms and farm fields. I'd like them to cooperate with the BSC stuff.

3. GM, I suddenly thought, means Genetically Modified, just like whatevermind tells me. I have none of these.

4. And organic? I know what organic means. I just asked myself for what kinds of farms this OG is used in game. I have none of these, I think. But I know enough to select them myself now.

5. Homestead and Commercial: I guess I make my smaller farms (stage 1,2,3) Homestead, and my larger (4 and 5) Commercial. 6 and 7 none of both.

Thanks again!

mrbisonm

Sorry folks, still having some private severe RL problems. Be back on the project (full time) before November 10th though....promissed. I'm really sorry about this.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Hi Fred,

I hope all is going the direction you prefer!

Waiting has its advantages. First of all I found out about the occupant groups. Now our farm lots will be counted in the CAMelot Counter and in the BSC Reward Chains. So they will cooperate with the BSC farms, I hope....
I think that is a plus.

I also decided to use the Vanderaap Langeraar Geerweg model as another farm house. I am working on an additional group of stage 1-5 farms based on this farm house. First pictures are going to be shown next week, I think.
So now the Farms set stages 1-5 contains 92 farms! Not to mention the "Stage 0" farms, being another 25.

And also I have had some time to think about the stage 6 and 7 farms and as you surely have seen I already made one.

So see you soon!

Frank

noahclem

The lotting progress and BSC integration sounds very promising  &apls  Hope all works out well for you Fred  :thumbsup:

vortext

No need to apologize Fred, RL is more important. Hope everything will be well soon for you and your loved ones.

Also;

Quote from: FrankU on October 06, 2012, 02:53:51 AM
So now the Farms set stages 1-5 contains 92 farms!

That's just ridiculous! In a very good way, don't get me wrong. But still, ridiculous!!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mrbisonm

Don't worry guys, all goes well, nothing I can't handle, but things just need my attention.

Fred

FrankU

Quote from: vortext on October 06, 2012, 05:40:27 AM
Quote from: FrankU on October 06, 2012, 02:53:51 AM
So now the Farms set stages 1-5 contains 92 farms!

That's just ridiculous! In a very good way, don't get me wrong. But still, ridiculous!!  :thumbsup:

Well, yes. I know. It is. It's just that I can't stop lotting. And the longer Fred takes to finish his props, the more time I have to reconsider the lots and add new ones to them.

gn_leugim

nice nice :D finnaly a good set of european farms :D nothign against SG's, or SPAM, but they are too American to my taste, now that will change :)

FrankU

Now that my farm lots are waiting for their last rearrangement once Fred has finished his prop packs (which will take quite a while, I guess, unless the silence means he is making them at this right moment all in one long swoop) I was wondering what add on I could think of.

And well... There it was: a reward!  ;D

Jim Myers helped me with the Occupant Groups considering CAM. So now my lots are being counted by the CAMelot Counter. They also are part of the BSC Reward Chain. But wouldn't it be fun if my farms unlocked their own Dutch Farm Rewards?
Something like a tractor shop when the 20th farm grows, or a Dutch Windmill lot, or a grain silo when you have 100 wheat farm fields....

But I do not have a good clue on how to proceed.

First I guess all my farm lots need their own Occupant Group ID's, so they can be tracked. Then I will have to make reward lots that unlock when the counting reaches a certain number....

So how do I define my own OG IID's? Is there some central appointment office like the Prop Family ID list? And then, is there some tutorial on How To Make My Own Rewards? I could not find one....

Please help?

mrbisonm

I will be back on the project full-time before November 15th, this year of course. ;) ....and I should be ready with the whole project before christmas.
Yess, I did some work on some models here and then since July, but not really much. I will have a lot of free time in November and december, so, there won't be a problem keeping me from finishing my models before the end of the year.

Fred

FrankU

OK, so we will hope that somewhere around new year's day there will be a huge release of our farm project.

Please ask for help or comments anytime you like!

Until that time I will be able to add some stage 6 and 7 lots and maybe even the rewards I just posted about.
But Farms Stages 1 up to 5 are priority. Stages 6 and 7 follow. Rewards will be added if possible.

mrbisonm

Well, it will not be a huge release all in one, but you will get all the files before New Years for sure, most probably in different packs at different times.
I just started a little bit yesterday on the silos again, I had some free time between midnight and 1 AM.....lol

Oh geeeeez....what happened to time? It goes by soooo faaaaaassssssst. OMG.

Fred

vortext

Quote from: mrbisonm on October 18, 2012, 05:24:46 AM
Well, it will not be a huge release all in one, but you will get all the files before New Years for sure, most probably in different packs at different times.

In any case, I'm looking forward to it.  :thumbsup:

Any chance of a sneak peek?!  ;D

Quote from: FrankU on October 15, 2012, 06:33:54 AM
First I guess all my farm lots need their own Occupant Group ID's, so they can be tracked. Then I will have to make reward lots that unlock when the counting reaches a certain number....

So how do I define my own OG IID's? Is there some central appointment office like the Prop Family ID list? And then, is there some tutorial on How To Make My Own Rewards? I could not find one....

Please help?

This tutorial from Daeley may be usefull for creating rewards. As for tracking, I remember seeing a document somewhere which contained all the IDs in use and if I recall correctly it also had a number of empty ranges. However I can't find it, not on the forums nor on my HD.  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana