• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: c.p. on April 03, 2014, 06:13:47 PM
Excellent. :thumbsup:  I love the detail work you did with the tarps on the haybales, and the details you put into the barns too.

Thanks c.p. This is a first for me, after having a few headaches of how I could do such a thing. I textured first (a blank square flat box) and then made the model that I adjusted on top of the haybales, making sure all the plies and bumps are on the right place with the texture.....Geeez, let me tell you , for a beginner like me, that wasn't easy at all. Took me several evenings (and headaches)......lol
Glad you like it though, I like them too. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Wow! The first, no second, of eight sets?
No, please don't send them all at the same time. It would indeed kill me.

I have the manure set.
We have seen the silo's.
We have seen the hay set.
So we are going to have another five sets....  &hlp

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on April 04, 2014, 12:36:58 AM
Wow! The first, no second, of eight sets?
No, please don't send them all at the same time. It would indeed kill me.

I have the manure set.
We have seen the silo's.
We have seen the hay set.
So we are going to have another five sets....  &hlp

The manure set is the only one that hasn't changed, but I will send you the datfile anyways, just to make sure that we both have the same, because once uploaded it just HAS TO BE the same.

This is posted on all 3 of my favourite SC4 sites.....SC4D, ST and SimPeg.

Ok, here's a serious update on what's happening with the MFP1 (Modern Farm Proppack 1) from Nexis, now that it is finally coming to an end.

Finally, there are 8 sets in this Pack, but don't panic, some are smaller than others, but I had to separate them for those who only want parts of this Gigantic propset.
The pictures below each description of the Sets contain only a few examples.

So, the Final sets are:

MFP1 Set 1  Mainbuildings
Main-Buildings, that includes all the barns, stables etc.....The set is finished and will be in FrankU's mailbox before this coming weekend end. It has changed only a little. I have deleted one type, modded 2 or 3  and added 2 or 3 more models. It is pre-tested and ready to go and now only needs your approval. It is datpacked. Some of these may be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 2 Manure
This includes everything to do with manure, whether it is solid or liquid manure, so, we have tanks of different forms (square to rectangular to round and oval) for the liquid and the solid and also bassins for the solid, again of all sizes and shapes. You will surely have something to do your own manure combination. There are also pumps, carriers and "montée de fumier". This set is ready to be used, but I will send the file with the building set this weekend to FarnkU, just to make sure we both have the same set. It is pre-tested and ready to be approved by FrankU.

There is something wrong with the roof of the manureshed in this picture, but be sure that it is on the uploaded image only.

MFP1 Set 3 Groundsilos
All you need for your silo creations. These include ONLY the groundlevel silos in different sizes and shapes, from round to rectangular and sunken to groundlevel. Some are inside sheds and other buildings or simply covered or open-air piles to be placed outside. Finished and almost all pre-tested, they will be ready in the beginning of next week and will follow the building and manure set. Some of these may also be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 4 Vertical Silos
These are the silos that we see from far away on farms. They come in all sizes and shapes/textures, from grain silos to semi-dried silage. Some of the models can be seen on my last picture in this thread. It has a lot of variety, big and small and tall and short. Finished and pre-tested and will be send together with the ground silos this coming week. Some of these may also be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 5 Sheds
Mostly machinery sheds, but also contains a lot of different sized sheds and shelters, some are empty and can be filled with anything you would like to. Special LOD's make this possible. Some have open doors, others are closed and even some have no doors nor walls. Finished, partially rendered and pre-tested. This set will be ready and shipped before Easter. Some of these may also be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 6 Machinery and Implements
This set will contain tractors, machinery, wagons, implements and all kinds of other "farmthings" such as elevators, tanks, dryers, storagers, Mixers etc. This set is almost rendered and pre-tested and will also be ready and shipped before Easter.
Attention: There will definitively be an Add-on to this set, MFP1 Set 6A, later on, which will contain more implements and machinery/tractors etc. This one should be ready during the summer. I have already started several models, such as disc harrows, plows, rockgatherer, seeders, more wagons, drainage layers, Harvesters, etc...etc. Some of these may be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 7 Hay/Straw/Cereal
Everything that has to do with the hay, straw and cereal production will be found in this set. It contains barns, sheds, piles and stacks of both hay and straw, also grainheaps, bags, barrels, haypiles and bales of all kinds and shapes. Buildings are either filled, partially empty or closed. Quite a divers category and quite big also. This set is finished and only needs the rendering and pre-testing. Should be ready in a week or two at the most and probably is the last set to be send. Some of these may be interesting to use for Industrial Lots.

MFP1 Set 8 Farmstuff
This is the last set of the MFP1, actually a very small set and may have an Add-on coming later this year. It has a few fences and gates, but also some simple posts and "stuff" a farmer has for his fencing needs like wagons, rolls of wire, fencing post piles, stone walls, hedges, trailers, and just "stuff" etc. Some fences are simple wire, others are with double and triple wires, boards of different shapes and colours. This set is not yet finished and yet has to be HD rendered and pre-tested, some models are still in the making, but this shouldn't be long, since it is a small set of props. The set will be ready sometime around Easter or at the latest the week after.

So.....what do you think? It is almost the end of this all, after all these years and very soon the Beginning for FrankU of his immense job to do the LOTting. (Good luck!) lol

All these Sets will be available separately, in 8 different dat files, so you can download and use only the ones you like. There will also be one datfile containing all 8 sets.
The files will be uploaded once FrankU has finished his Dutch Farm sets and can be used to make your own lots for your personal use or for your public uploads. (Permission granted) You can do whatever you want to with them.
I will make my own lots later, mostly North-American type farms, growable and ploppable, which will use all these props and the upcoming Add-ons, and if you're nice with me, I will upload them. :thumbsup:

A detailed list of every model of these sets will also be available with pictures on my Nexis Works thread before uploading. There are several hundreds of propmodels of all sizes.;)

Once this is all done, the support thread for the models and the lots will be
this thread, which will continue to function to serve the MFP1 of both FrankU's and Nexis' behalf.

There will most probably be a MFP2 coming later, I have no idea when,(maybe this year or next) but the developpments have already started more than a year ago. Just to give you an idea, it will contains "other" and/or futuristic farming ideas, such as fish, crab, oyster, seaweed, artifical farming, waterterrace farming,vertical and horizontal, underground and underwater farming, industrial  and many more, you name it, it will have it. So be ready to do some very serious farming soon. ;)

Preview....Understand that these models are still under development and nothing is final.

The Main thread and Support thread, where the detailed development of the Nexis Models and FrankU's Dutch Farms are discussed is on SC4Devotion:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14150.msg479302;topicseen#new

Thank you for your comments.....

Fred

Jack_wilds

absolutely luv it!  &hlp  [read emoticon as: hayburner happy]...  &apls

however, a small revisement to set two  :P ... as it is simply entitled 'manure'... I would renamed the set 'manure management',  ???  ...in as much as I had experience with the matter in county programs for such things  :thumbsdown: &mmm [messy business]... as everything in the set from the s!@# itself to the tools to manage it add up to a bigger picture...  :satisfied:

otherwise everything looks great for the farm-n-field work to begin...  :)  i just hope I get to download everything when its time... as the 'log-in' is still giving me fits...

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jack_wilds on April 04, 2014, 01:32:58 PM
absolutely luv it!  &hlp  [read emoticon as: hayburner happy]...  &apls

however, a small revisement to set two  :P ... as it is simply entitled 'manure'... I would renamed the set 'manure management',  ???  ...in as much as I had experience with the matter in county programs for such things  :thumbsdown: &mmm [messy business]... as everything in the set from the s!@# itself to the tools to manage it add up to a bigger picture...  :satisfied:

otherwise everything looks great for the farm-n-field work to begin...  :)  i just hope I get to download everything when its time... as the 'log-in' is still giving me fits...

I will think about this. ;) Thanks.
The sets will be available on different sites, so don't worry. ;)

Fred

vester

c.p.

Looks like a big collection of really nice stuff &apls

vortext

Excellent work Fred! I like the smaller hay sheds and also the shoddy fences!

Also, Frank, given the machinery and other smaller props it might be a good idea to learn how to make mmps after all.  ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

FrankU

OK, so now we all know what Fred has been doing during the snowstorms around his house...  :D

So I will start to clean up my last small projects like the Lighthouse Reward, maybe the Farm Fair Reward (remember that one?), and, I don't know, maybe even the Marina Reward, although that is still giving me headaches.

And I cannot wait for the sets to arrive!
This is really going to be a heavy relot session. I will show results during work in htis thread, so keep your eye on it!

Quote from: vortext on April 05, 2014, 02:13:15 AM
Also, Frank, given the machinery and other smaller props it might be a good idea to learn how to make mmps after all.  ;)

No no Erik! I make the lots, and you can do the MMP'ing yourself.
I once even offered to deliver the Farms Set in two versions: the complete lots and cleaned lots without machinery and other implements, so that you can MMP to your own liking. If there is real demand I can do that.
So please let me know if that is a real wish.

mrbisonm

Sorry, Main buildings and the Manure set aren't ready to be send today, had some problems with some of the models, I will have to re-render them. It's not that it will take a lot of time, it's just that this evening, I won't have the time to do them, so it'll be tomorrow night, on Tuesday morning for Frank. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Hey Frank,

.....look what I found while searching a darn specific barn that I lost in my immense mess of folders and models (I think I have now more than a thousand).......lol. I found three open stables, not quite finished with all the details, like watertrows, feeders etc, but.....
....I was wondering, do you want me to include them into the building sets? Or do I keep them for a later Add-on? I also found a tractor.  ;D

Three models, all the same size, have 3 different separations (only 1, 2 and 3 boxstalls) and different textures (some different details), including the ground.(fences are the same I think) I don't know if I can "Lod" them so you can plop the animals (or cleaning out tractor) you like in the boxstalls, but I am willing to try. (I remember that I was going to make a feederlot with these...years ago)

Interested?, let me know. It will take me  4 or 5 days at the most to complete them (including rendering and testing) ;) I could include them into the Mainbuilding Dat. I will first try to make the custom LOD's.

BTW, I found the error why I couldn't render most of the newer and modified models in the Mainbuilding set, problem solved.....rendering them now, and they are ready in a day or so.

The Manure file is finished and I will include it with the Building file this week.

Fred

.....I think I will stop looking for that barn I was seaching, just might find some other "good stuff" while doing so.....lol

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Let's keep them for addons. Maybe a good search after you have finished the sets you have planned already gives you a complete addon without having to BAT new props!
These stables really cry for new lots, and I don't want to increase the size of my farms set now. I'll do that later.

mrbisonm

Ok, addon it will be, found a few others (7 more), some manure and silos too......geeez, where did I find the time to do all this before?.lol

Fred

FrankU

Dear friends,

Fred and I have worked on this project for a long time. You, who read this, are probably anxious to hear some news. So many other projects have been abandoned half ways. Is this one going to be one of those? Well, it isn't.

Fred sent me the final version of the Mainbuildings  set. I also have a preliminary version of the manure set, which does not yet include the circular fluid manure silos.

I have put these props into use in my farm lots.

Once Fred has also sent me the other set I will start to finish my lots for the final versions. And that is going to be the largest relot session I have ever experienced. Several lots will probably change completely, others only in a minor part and some will be left untouched.

In order to give you an idea of the proceedings I show you the farms as they are now.

Here they are.
Warning: these lost are full of prop families, so the images give you no more than a rough idea. The prop families contain a wide range of different props, so the looks of the actually grown farms in your cities can and will have very divergent looks.

The names of the lots will be in Dutch only. I do this on purpose to underline the regional atmosphere. Some names refer to girls that have played important roles in my life (my wife's is definitely one of them), some are from family names that are common around here, and some I have just made up.

Here they are: 92 lots distributed over stages 1 up to 5.
The building exemplars I made have been used in two or three lots. Every lot is shown once.

Stage 1
21 lots with only small rural stuff and smaller sheds.

Bertines Bloemen

Bijvanksweide
Three lots, that each use one of the three meadow textures I use in my farm fields as a base.
A herd of cows, a flock of sheep and the first appearance of a large manure basin.

Boswachterij Okkenbroek

Fakkert Flora

Harbrinks Weide

Kuiermansweide

Looerweide
Three lots, that each use one of the three meadow textures I use in my farm fields as a base.

Menops Mennerij
The shed for the horse is a bit small. I hope Fred will provide a better one.

Ten Have Tarwe

Wesseling Mais

Stage 2
20 lots in an old fashioned rural style.

Banninks Bollen

Beerninks Koeienweide

Borgelo Bloemen
A Tag_one house.

Erve Neppelenbroek
The house is not always the building: the house can differ, as you see here. The building exemplar is hidden in the Maxis shed. The house model is by Meurdoos/Marco Heutink.

Erve Oud Rande
A great farmhouse by Haarlemmergold.

Gramsbergen Fruit
This house model is also by Meurdoos/Marco Heutink

Klein Harmelink
Another farm by Haarlemmergold

Olde Bijvank
And this model is by Vanderaap who used a different scale, so I shrunk the model with Cogeo's Wonder Shrinker.

Van Petersen Paardenwei
On this lot I left room for a barn for the horses. Fred is going to save me here. I hope.

Stage 3
17 lots. Now they are getting a bit more modern and more industrial.
You will see older and more moderns barns together. Farms that have started small have grown over the years and newer buildings have been added.

Erve Boxbergen

Erve Schaarshoek

Erve Wolters

Hegeman Runderen
This model by Vanderaap was out of scale too.

Klein Bijvank

Marleens Tuinderij

Severdink Mais

Willemsen Melkvee

Stage 4
17 lots. The complexes grow even larger.

Erve Bijvank

Glastra Tuinbouw
Large greenhouses by Tag_One will be surrounded by the greenhouses Fred gave me for the farm fields. I hope you like the results.

Harleman Eieren
An Egg farm where the chickens have space to go out the barn and run around, be it within the fences...

Koldenhof Koeien
First appearance of examples from Freds Mainbuidlings set!

Meijerink Melkvee

Mensink Melkvee

Tuinderij Teesselink

Vorderman Varkens
The pigs can go out the barn and have space to run around and wallow in the mud.

Stage 5
17 lots. Now it's mostly industry. Can we call this farming yet?

Borgelink Buitenei
Egg Farm whith space outside, for the better life of the chickens.

Egberink Eieren
An Egg Farm for the unhappy: chickens stay inside always. They have little space to live. All they do is lay eggs. In a perfect world this kind of farm would not exist.

Erve Mastenbroek

Groot Koerkamp Koeien

Hippisch Centrum Harleman
A Riding School, with meadows for the horses around it.

Kraakman Kassen

Meester Bison Biggen
A large industrial pig farm. A meat factory, you could say.

Nij Bijvank

That's it for today folks!

mrbisonm

Going nuts......lol

Can't wait to grow them in my regions. And all this with the little I have sent.

Liquid manure is coming this week and silos right after, also the sheds should be ready by them and then I will only have a few left to "tweak". ;)

I can smell the "finish line"......

Great lots, Frank, just GREAT!

Fred

c.p.

vortext

Holy cow Frank, 92 magnificent detailed lots!  &apls

And of course Freds buildings are excellent, too. They complement the smaller, older barns really well. I'd dare to say these are the most realistic farms to date. Great job both of you!  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mave94

Excellent work there, guys! I am pleased to see the result, because it would fit so well in an agricultural region. :thumbsup:

vester

Someone has been busy.  :thumbsup:

Looks really good.

Looks you need to redo the LODs on the green house.

Jack_wilds

great lots alive batman!...  :D

$%Grinno$%   ::)

it all looks fun...