• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

I am back to the MFP1, more or less full time, and I would like to finish this gigantic project once and for all.

But.............lol.........There is or are slight problems. I stopped using programs like LotEditor, ilive Reader, PIM and gmax. Instead I used many other programs such as i3d and 3dsmax etc. Since I have been creating farmbldgs, tracors and machineries for FS2013 for the last 3 years, I simply have forgotten how to use all these programs for simcity 4. lol.
I feel kinda stupid, although I knew quite well all these programs. Now I have to re-learn these programs to be able to continue this project.
I was able to LOD and export a model last night and even made a simple prop with it, but now I am stuck. What I need to do now is to be able to plop it into the game and see what it looks like. I think I need the LotEditor.
If I remember right, I need to make a lot first, before entering the game and see it there. That is that I need the LotEditor and please the Maxis one (the one I am used to)
Does anyone have a link to it? I cannot find it on my computer........unless it is under another name than LE.

So, I am asking for some help to get me back into this modeling, lotting etc thing with SC4. It's not like I am starting all over, all I need is to be reminded. Thanks.

Looking for a download link to the Maxis LE. Thanks.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Ernestmaxis

MrBisonm

Frist of all don't feel stupid we all bin there, well atleast am im.
The link to the lot Editor
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=9

Maybe it is easier to use the Pim to create a lot with squares to see the lot ingame:)

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Good to hear you are getting back on track!
Of course you can send all models to me, so yhat I can test them for you. You know how to reach me.

But indeed it is better to first make props out of them, put these on a test lot and see for yourself first, before you send them over the ocean to me.

Good luck! I am sure you will get the hang of lotting soon enough.

Frank

gn_leugim

Fred, any question you may have regarding gmax or so, just ask, I can gladly help :)

If you want we can arrange a meeting on a chat or skype or something like that if you will.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Ernestmaxis on November 09, 2016, 10:02:48 AM
MrBisonm

Frist of all don't feel stupid we all bin there, well atleast am im.
The link to the lot Editor
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?page=9

Maybe it is easier to use the Pim to create a lot with squares to see the lot ingame:)

Thanks a lot Ernestmaxis, appreciated the link, couldn't darn find it. ;)
Maybe the Pim is better and easier, but I am from the "old species" of SC4 LOTters (since 2003) and I am used to the Maxis LE. I will though try it out one day, when I am not in a rush.

Quote from: FrankU on November 09, 2016, 11:01:40 AM
Hi Fred,

Good to hear you are getting back on track!
Of course you can send all models to me, so yhat I can test them for you. You know how to reach me.

But indeed it is better to first make props out of them, put these on a test lot and see for yourself first, before you send them over the ocean to me.

Good luck! I am sure you will get the hang of lotting soon enough.

Frank

It will take a few days or maybe even longer to get back into this modding thing and get back the real "hang" of it, but I'll get there. Of course I will send you the models and let you decide which props they become and you may test them for errors and defects. Here I need to see some certain files myself first and decide whether they are good enough to include in the MFP1 set, plus see their scale, texture etc... and the only way to do so is to make a LOT with them and see them ingame, besides I will need some pics to show in this thread of the developpments of my models.

Quote from: FrankU on November 09, 2016, 11:01:40 AMFred, any question you may have regarding gmax or so, just ask, I can gladly help :)

If you want we can arrange a meeting on a chat or skype or something like that if you will.

Thanks gn_leugim, that might become quite possible, I really seem to have some problems remembering little things......  &mmm

Right now I am gathering all the files on my computer for the silo set, I didn't think that they were so freaking many of them......lol. I remember that I started or maybe even advanced the rendering of them and which ones, but I will have to collect all the files first and see where I am at.
Frank, I think you have the complete buildings and manure sets, right? Anything more? Do you have the Sheds? I know that you don't have the complete siloset and machineries.

Fred

EDIT:

lol....problems of memory started, how do you take pics in the game? lol....I must've taken thousands before with all my MD/CJs and I tried ctrl+c, didn't seem to work.  I thought that was it    ()what()

MushyMushy

Exciting to see things happening on this thread - lots of interesting models!  :)

The screenshot hotkey combination is Ctrl+Shift+S.

mrbisonm

Quote from: MushyMushy on November 09, 2016, 12:39:13 PM
Exciting to see things happening on this thread - lots of interesting models!  :)

The screenshot hotkey combination is Ctrl+Shift+S.

Well Thanks, that helped a lot.....lol... how could I forget? %wrd
Now some pics to myself back into the game.
I fondled around with some Bats and Lots, mostly to get feeling how to do this and that, and especially to remind me how to play ingame. (Haven't done this since my MD "The Winding River Project")

Some Nexis Farms.........

A new Nexis Farm available in the MFP1 Set as a sample.......

[/url]

Now let's get back to "work" the MFP1..........

Fred

gn_leugim

QuoteThanks gn_leugim, that might become quite possible, I really seem to have some problems remembering little things......  &mmm

be my guest ;) :)

Really nice farms, so exciting I want them too, specially the props :D

mgb204

Great to see your progress here Fred.

As others have said, take your time and you'll soon find your rhythm again with the SC4 tools. It's one of those annoying things, when you are full on into modding everything is second nature. But it can be surprising how quickly you can forget everything if you take an extended break. That said, I'm sure it will all come back to you.

PIM-X is obviously a different way of doing things. That said, for my money, it's also easier than using both the PIM and Lot Editor which the application replaces. So if you are starting over, perhaps now is as good a time as any to pick it up. But no pressure, ultimately you should use whatever tools you find best. Either way, it looks like we can look forward to some great new farming content in the future.  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Glad to find out that there still is some interest in this Modset.

I will stick to my Maxis LE for the moment, mgb204, for the simple reason that I know everything about it, it was only a question to wake up those long forgotten programs, and I think I remember all tonight about the LE. I have been busy in the last three years with first of all my health and then also doing some modding for the Farming Simulator 2013, not only creating some tractors and machinery, but also farmbuildings and accessories and gamplay modding. This was somewhat quite helpful to learn and/or understand more of Simcity programming and ingame general gamemodding. I used other programs and this is what kinda makes me error with the SC4 programs. I have become quite familiar with i3d modeling and dds textures during this time.
But I will be back fulltime in November 16th as promissed with new and improved models and textures that I have learned to adapt better my modelings. This will give me a week to "re-learn" gmax, LE and the Reader first. Besides, I thought everything that I did before was organized......lol.....not quite the case, I forgot where I put this n' that, and what this n' that was for etc......have to get that back into my memories also. ;)

I'm back into SC4 things since 8 days now and feel good about it. Glad I'm back to "gmaxing" and SC4. Somehow missed it, and now that my health is more stable.....hang on in there, I will have something every week to show.
:thumbsup:

Fred

noahclem

Great to see you back--and stunning farms :O  I'll echo Robin in suggesting PIM-X, just keep the manual pdf open while you do it--at least for me trying to learn and get comfortable with it without the manual was never even very close to working out. Very excited to see what develops in this thread again :)

mrbisonm

Ok, now I seem not have any other choices than to try the PIM-X for LOTting then.......with so many recommendations.....lol.
I will download it (if I can find it) and try it out this week. Might as well show you some more lots with it, right? ;)

Fred

gn_leugim

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 10, 2016, 01:11:44 AM
In case you need:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2260

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2265

These are the two things you will need.

Hey thanks, especially for the second link, didn't know about this. ;)

Here is another sample picture of what we will be able to create with the new MFP1 props and models. New machinery, new ground and vertical silos and also quite a choice of sheds for machinery, manure, storage and hay/straw.
Last night I found some 100 more props that I will have to verify and see which ones to keep and include in this set.

FrankU, please confirm what finished and complete sets you have, so I can put them aside and consider them as finished. I suppose that you already have the buildings, the manure and the silos.

The sets are:

1. Buildings (main bldgs, barns and stables)
2. Manure (piles, fosses, tanks etc)
3. Silos (vertical, tanks, ground and horizontal)
4. Sheds (machinery, storage of hay/straw and cereals, other)
5. Machinery (tractors, implements, harvesters etc)
6. Other
(all the other things that lie around a farm, such as posts, pipes, bales, gravel, etc)

Fred

Edit: oups, I forgot to include the open shed view, that shows all the machinery and implements inside them. This exact model (with slight variations in details and textures) comes in 6 different examples, while there are more than 15 other shed models available.

I will (with time) show pics of each ones here in our thread (except for 1 or 2 surprises in each set), once they are shipped for LOTting to FrankU.

Fred

vester

Fred: Great to see you are back 'on the horse'.

...and that with some great lotting. :thumbsup:

FrankU

Hi Fred,

That all sounds good! I feel my inspiration is returning.

I just checked my quite well organised archive.

I do have the main buildings and the manure sets. To be exact, I have these files:

MFP1_Set1_Main-Buildings_2014_files.dat
MFP1-Set2A_ManureSolid.dat
MFP1_Set2B_ManureLiquid.dat

So no silo's yet.
I have a beta version of your barbed wires, some test files of machinery sheds and of course I have the Greenhouses, but these are already available as part of my Dutch farm fields set.

Good luck!

Simmer2

Hello Fred and welcome back!

Can't wait to get my hands on those juicy props. I will create a whole new set of farming base textures for every lot I make with them :thumbsup:

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

metarvo

You've thought of everything, Fred and Frank!  &apls  Who needs the new Microsoft Farming Simulator game when there's a veritable wealth here!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on November 11, 2016, 02:23:48 AM
Hi Fred,

That all sounds good! I feel my inspiration is returning.

I just checked my quite well organised archive.

I do have the main buildings and the manure sets. To be exact, I have these files:

MFP1_Set1_Main-Buildings_2014_files.dat
MFP1-Set2A_ManureSolid.dat
MFP1_Set2B_ManureLiquid.dat

So no silo's yet.
I have a beta version of your barbed wires, some test files of machinery sheds and of course I have the Greenhouses, but these are already available as part of my Dutch farm fields set.

Good luck!

Perfect, now I know what I have to finish. The machinery sheds, you may discard of, they have all been changed and come with the Shed set. So are the barbed wire fences, they will be available in the "Other" sets, along with many other fences, walls and gates.
I always thought that I have sent you the siloset also, anyways, they'll come soon. I will verify, test them quickly and pack them next week for you to final test.

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 11, 2016, 07:33:08 AM
Hello Fred and welcome back!
Can't wait to get my hands on those juicy props. I will create a whole new set of farming base textures for every lot I make with them :thumbsup:
Simmer2/Nick
Sounds good! ;)

Quote from: metarvo on November 11, 2016, 07:39:02 AM
You've thought of everything, Fred and Frank!  &apls  Who needs the new Microsoft Farming Simulator game when there's a veritable wealth here!
What? Farming Simulator 2013 is not by Microsoft. It's made by GIANTS software. Therefore a lot better..... ;)

Here is pic of some farm buildings I partially made for FS2013. I will include these in the siloset for SC4, when I find out how to transfer an .i3d file to a .gmax.

I will have some more of the models as I organize them for the next set to be sent to Frank for LOTting.

Fred

Vizoria

Great stuff!

When you are at last done you would have released the greatest SC4 farming addon since the SPAM!