• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by DaveN

Started by DaveN, April 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveN

vortex: Hello and thank you immensely for your comment. By the way, I hope you have a little patience. So far still do not have time to prepare for your wonderful set LEX lots who've done for me ... This occurred even mention that I met and I have something to show to honor the commitment. Of course, at the earliest time share, with others your great set. I hope you forgive me, but I got really busy period.

DebussyMan: Thank you for your words of appreciation. Of course, as I wrote the urban texture of the roof of the theater will be renamed. As you noticed, it will be a texture sheet. I just did not have any interesting at hand, and put on the first, which fell into my hands. I must admit that the work on the theater going fairly slow pace. On the one hand by pressure vices building structure, on the other by lack of time. In any case, I'm going to finish this project by the end of September.
I am glad, however, that still tracking my topic and all of your suggestions are very valuable to me.

Aaron Graham: Thank you. I try to pry the best.

For today, I wanted to present you another, much less project. Because the theater is quite large and advances in aluminum are not impressive, today introduced two-storey house W2W. This type of building is not too much, and allow the creation of small-town quarters, similar to my Polish climates, because you today przedtawiam house modeled on the building. who for many years no longer exists and was located in Wrzesnia.
The building is a loose interpretation, because, the only information about him I found that pertain to the front of the building. The absence of any information on the annexe building.

I hope that the building you enjoy it. Of course, all suggestions and criticism welcome.

So for today:

I'm looking forward to the next review.

Will soon introduce you to another smaller project.

jmyers2043

hi David

Quote from: DaveN on August 13, 2012, 03:29:57 PM
I'm looking forward to the next review.

I like the building.  :thumbsup:  There are a lot of interesting things to look at. The Arch and the variations of texture and shades of gray are good. I think that the roof line needs to be darkened as it looks kind of bright.

Good Luck with the bat.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vortext

I'll patiently await as long as you keep creating great BATs!  ;)

I really like this new house though I agree the roof line could be toned down a bit. Other than that it looks fine  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

DaveN

Hello.

Jim & vortext: I agree with you guys. This item will be corrected.

In the meantime, I managed to learn how to create mods.

I started out for rework mods "Road Intersecting Street Crosswalk Reduction Modd" from Simtropolis.

Now the mod has a euro texture and has already been tested by me in the game.

Now, crossing the road with the street look like this:

DaveN

Hello again my friends.

I guess some of you are probably waiting for the completion of work on the city theater, the work on it, unfortunately I have to put aside. The reason is that a new computer for two months is under repair, and the old is not enough, that is still barely alive on it runs out of space, because the ongoing projects is quite a lot.

So I decided to complete several smaller projects, so that the vacant space.

Several projects are already shipped to the test and I hope that will soon appear on the LEX.

At the moment I sent for tests Ustka church (as a reminder photo):

The project has a small modification. Altered left wall, where it was found that a side entrance. Also, a light went back of the church re-moddeling. Of course, appendix includes both versions.

Then a small change in the texture has been subjected to a building in Katowice.

In the original version it was as such.

This was the original texture, but fairly bright red color of the tiles on the game required a light modification. Therefore I changed the texture and color of the roof and chimneys.
Now the building is as follows:

I have also decided to finish the model modeled on the facade of the building in Katowice, but in another shape.

The building was completed and is as follows (lighter version):

I have one version of the color of the facade of the building (darker fasade), completed in the coming days. The building is U-shaped or the letter L.

I hope you forgive me some delays.

Unfortunately, projects and ideas I have several times more than the time for their implementation. But I hope that none of my projects not be lost, and sooner or later you will be able to download the LEX.

I greet all warmly and look forward to further opinions, suggestions, criticisms, advice, tutorials :)

jmyers2043

Two comments please ..

The orange roof is very colorful and needs to have the saturation reduced to match the rest of the building. The color that you've added to the building (blue paint at the lower left corner) is muted so the roof should be more muted too. I'm also thinking you can add another blue panel at the lower right corner to add another splash of color too.

The slate tiles of the other building appear to be the same width as the windows. I think some UV mapping will help ...

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vortext

That's a lovely church, can't wait to give it a nice spot!  &apls

As for the other building, I hope both the red and black roofed version make it to the LEX.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

These are all looking great  &apls  You're certainly staying busy this month! Also, nice work on the euro cross-walk reduction mod.

Do you ever think of making diagonal buildings?

Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

DaveN

jmyers2043: Hi Jim, and thanks for another valuable tips.
According to the instructions I gave a darker texture on the edge of the roof. Now it looks like this:

Perhaps it escaped your attention, but in the previous post, I wrote that red roof has been changed to a different color. I remembered the old screen only. Currently the roof is black and chimneys have also been adjusted to darker tiles. One more time for You:

In the last building, increased the density of the tile. Although the original version, I think that was good. Now looking this:

vortext: Hi Erik. Thank you also for the subsequent flattering words. The church is currently in the testing phase. Also tested, as you probably very pleased, lots of your own, that you did for me. I hope that the tests run without problems and both things will soon appear on the LEX.

noahclem: Thank you very much. It so happens that this month I am very busy. Fortunately, I have a little less work and I am able to quickly visit the house, which allows for a bit of work in LE, gmax, and the game of SC4. Reduction mod that I created, I'm sure I need it. I missed this in the NAM. By the way, I learned to create mods replacing the other textures. This ability also probably useful.
When it comes to building diagonal, then looked through my whole thread here and noticed, that I not showed that the building who I did last year. Comes in two different colors. At the moment it is first in line to be sent for testing. I therefore hope that your expectations have been met. A is as follows:

The others:
So everyone can see how hard I work to please all the players and the entire community SC4Dev.

I hope you like the show buildings. I look forward to any suggestions and advice, and greatly thank all those who have been regularly speak in my thread and give me energy to continue working.

After a year of fun in gmax, I can only say that I regret enormously that previously eluded me what's going on and what this game since quite a few years, others are doing. I could start the fun a few years ago. And it will remain forever lost. While some will try to make up for it by creating another add-ons.

Best regards and invite You all again.

- Dave

j-dub

Well, don't know what to find here, they look finished. These actually look better, and much more realistically detailed then the Euro buildings in Half-Life 2, and that's a first person sci-fi, where your at ground level in the city. If anyone has seen how flat they did the buildings in City 17, where the windows are just painted on the walls, then you'll know what I mean.

peterycristi

Hi Dave,

I admire your work, especially on your european W2Ws! You are a talented BATer. Just i have some advices for Utska church. A really nice choice for a BAT. Just the stage of details and the texturing doesn't satisfy me at all. Originally it is a red brick building with a dark tiled roof. Maybe you could ask carlos for the texture he used for that red bricked berlin church he created. I think that would fit much better. Also the roof texture doesn't fit so well. Beside the very big looking tiles it looks very clean...
Anyway i love all your creations. You are really going better every day!

saludos!

Peter
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

gn_leugim

Quote from: DaveN on August 16, 2012, 04:25:38 PM

In the original version it was as such.

This was the original texture, but fairly bright red color of the tiles...

First I want to say lovely buildings  :thumbsup:

about this case in particular, you are right, to bright, but not only, it is also oversaturated. this would be easily fixed (and release a 2 roof version of this building) in photoshop by taking some saturation of the building and increasing darkness (decrease bighness if you will) and possibly some Hue changes too. if you do that you can end up getting a red tile texture good for your bats  :thumbsup:

DaveN

DISASTER!

Entire Directory "scenes" disappeared. Just yesterday I worked in gmax on a new project and everything was ok. After a short playing in SC4 I wanted to return to work in gmax and it turned out that the directory "scenes" is empty. All projects have been irretrievably lost. I even tried data recovery software, but it did not work. Millions of deleted files I could recover, such as txt, html, different textures, but no scene. I feel sorry for most city theater building, on which has already spent a lot of time, and who was coming to an end, and a few smaller projects, that were not as impressive, however, with plenty of detail, on which I spent a lot of time also.

Everyting lost... And it is at this moment.

DebussyMan

That sounds awful! are you sure they've been deleted? maybe they are just hidden or accidentally moved to another location...

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

Kergelen

Your BATs are looking really nice. The corner buildings and orthogonal to diagonals ones will be very useful.
I use most of your previous BATs and wanted to download the last ones. It's a pitty you have lost the directory "scenes" ()sad()
Hope you can recover them.

Links to SC4 websites

DaveN

DebussyMan: Hello.
Does not remove them, but they do not exist and there is no sign of them. If they were removed it would be in the trash first. Even if they delete it from the recycle bin recovery software found to have any information about these files. Would be in the list of recoverable files. And there it does not. Also checked whether they are hidden. I checked every other folder. Once again manually via the search by file extension. Since yesterday evening, for half the night and half a day today searched the entire disk. They are not anywhere.

It is a great loss, because to the end of the month, I wanted to complete the building of the theater, so that the end of my OSITM show everyone my biggest project. Unfortunately, it will not work.

Now I have to find the will to work on other projects. Probably not as big as it needed a lot of time on it, and I do not want to go again by the case.

DebussyMan

That's very sad news... so I understand you're not planning on restarting the theater?

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

mattb325

I feel for you....I do hope you can find the will to re-do the theatre.... :(

noahclem

I'm very sorry to hear about your lost files. I hope you don't get too discouraged and continue to show new and exciting projects here

That diagonal corner building you showed looked great  &apls  I hope it made it to the scrutineers before the disaster.

gn_leugim

sad news man :( but don't give up, you can recover and resume bating  :thumbsup: