• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by DaveN

Started by DaveN, April 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremec

Wow, so fabulous  &apls  &apls, I want a game render  ::)
Click on the banner to see my BATs

peter007

Well just another fabulous BAT.
is it a industrial lot or something else, because if it is you should choose to add some chimneys.

-Ernst

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

DaveN

I fixed some texture. I finished the whole body of the building. Earned a frame at the entrance gate. There are still some minor details, such as switch blades on the towers and at the end of scaling.

I have a question now as to the texture you like.

Like something I ask for comments because of the textures that I will always have a problem by not distinguishing between some colors:)

If you will not be too many comments that maybe tomorrow or the day after I manage to completely finish the project.

Best wishes and I look forward to comments.

peter007

Nice preview.
It's coming along nicely.
May I suggest that you make the textures on the roof a bit dirtier and the slates from the rectangle tower a bit smaller. They're looking compared to the others a bit big. It also seems that the rectangle tower isn't really straight. Is that right?
How ever it's a wonderful BAT with almost too much realism for in the game
  &apls

-Ernst

superhands

:thumbsup: this is looooking very neat.

the only alteration i would suggest is the terracotta roof map needs a little size tweaking and perhaps alter the texture so that the black/grime is grayer

is this a building that you have designed?

Aaron Graham

The texture look goo to me, I think the pyramid roof texture just need to look the same size as the rest of the building roof texture, unless the real building looks like that. kee p it up. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

DaveN

Hi all welcome.
Recently I was a little busy with other things and did not have time for modeling. I'm doing a small renovation in an apartment associated with painting and making furniture.

peter007:  Thank you for your comments, of course, try to lightly stain the roof.

superhands: So far these are not my own creative projects and as the most accurate mapping of existing buildings.

Aaron Graham: Aaron Thanks for the tips. Of course, reduces the size of the tiles on the large tower. I'll also do some other things on the roof, to not look so empty, even though in reality there is nothing on the roof.

In the meantime, I created another simple house, this time from the city Ilawa.

Waiting for tips and other observations. Greetings to all and I hope that next week I will have a sufficient amount of time.

peter007

Maybe you've overdone the bricks a bit, but further on it looks great.

-Ernst

supremec

Aaron Graham

DaveN

Hello.

Thanks for any suggestions and comments.

I was not here for several days. I was a little busy. I was making furniture in the room my daughter.

But in the meantime, I spent several minutes in BAT.
In the past few weeks was such a rural house here W2W.

The first of a series of blocks of buildings modeled on the emerging during the 70's.

And now I'm working on the church of Ustka. Because I noticed a small deficit of small churches in the game.

As for the church that lacks even a few small details, as well as a few textures and night lighting. How goes well, then maybe I can finish it tomorrow and start to make minor corrections.

The queue is still a few others. Here I present a two-day progress of work on the newest addition. I have started several other projects, but due to little progress, I decided not to post them yet.

By the way, I have a question: I want to make their buildings in the LE in such a way that built on the slopes. Where and what value I have to write to the buildings built without visible foundation of the game? Or if you know where is a good guide for LE?

DebussyMan

Nice new Bats you've been working in lately.

The church is specially interesting, very nice detailing. Although... I have some suggestions regarding the textures.

First, the stained glass windows are too colorful and bright. One usually doesn't see much of the glass color from outside, but rather a a dark surface with some hints of chromatism, but for SC4 purposes, I'd just go for a dark blue glass. For example:

The roof texture seems a little bit repetitive, maybe making the tiles a bit larger and giving it some gradient would do the trick.

Finally, the wall texture seems bland, I can't really tell if its brick or stone, but the texture you currently have makes it look like adobe, which would be very unlikely for this kind of architecture.

About your question... you can use custom foundations or no foundation at all (making the building extend beyond Z0 in BAT). I remember there were tutorials about this... but I don't recall where.   ()sad()

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

supremec

Fabulous work  &apls
Very interesting :thumbsup:

Silur

I like Your Pre-Fab Building (without toxic grass only) ...
Excellent church ( without toxic blue and green colours ) ...
Thank You ...  :thumbsup:

delija21

Some really nice projects going on in here. Looking forward to see more of your work

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

mrbisonm

That church indeed is something I like a lot. Great job.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

io_bg

Some very nice buildings, I'll surely use them a lot once they're released :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tomas Neto

Very nice that church!!! Fantastic!!!

DaveN

Hi after a long break. Despite the lack of time in the last days I was able to start or finish several earlier projects.

COMMENTS:
Tomas Neto: Thanks. I try as I can. Still needs some improvements, but most is already done.

io_bg: Some of them are already available on www.simcitypolska.pl. Some have not, because they require minor amendments.

mrbisonm: Thanks. I try as I can. Still needs some improvements, but most is already done.

delija21: Thanks. Therefore I invite you to familiarize yourself with the latest portion of the projects we are currently working.

Silur: Many thanks. Pre-fab blocks and the church no longer strikes a blue color. The blocks are textures on the windows. Stained glass windows in the church were also dim. There has also been second model block. I plan to create 3 more models and let everything as a pack.

Supremec: Greatly thank you for your appreciation. I'm glad you like for.

DebussyMan: Thanks for the kind words. Especially from someone who is doing perfectly religious buildings. Stained glass windows in the church were dimmed. As for the texture of this work a roof over it yet. You may have to extend or replace it if I can find something interesting. As for the texture of the walls, then frankly I liked it and I think it looks good. There are some photos taken from the church. In addition, I received from a friend a few photos of the church and it turned out that the left is still side entrance, which I have to do.

Below I present some further work we are currently working. Of course, the earlier will be completed after the improvement, but in recent weeks, I have very little time.

The resulting second version of color to the one presented earlier building.

The Church, as I wrote requires the addition of the entry on the left. But in the meantime darkening were stained and fixed minor bugs.

Also among the blocks was the second model.

It was created also another house from Bydgoszcz. This time it is a house of Marshal Foch 4th Street.

He also built the adjacent building. In fact, it is building a similar facade, but the corner. But it turned out that I can not fit on a plot of 1x1, since the corner is a projecting, semi-circular tower, and because the sides are after 14 meters, I can not fit into the W2W.

Therefore, the uprising as a 2x2 corner modeled on the original. In the meantime, I created a 2x2 version of the enclosed annexe.

I hope that the new round of projects will fall to you to taste. Any suggestions and comments indicated. It will help me to eliminate errors and improve further in the development of new bats.