• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BATs by DaveN

Started by DaveN, April 14, 2011, 06:30:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

That's really terrible to hear  ()sad().

Hope it'll not discourage you because what you showed us were some really promising BATS.
And for the future, make sure to back-up often.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

DaveN

Welcome to all my friends.
In all this misery I can only say that it was lost a few smaller or larger projects...

Most, however, feel sorry Focha Street building 12 and building city theater ...
As a reminder, below I post pics of the two models that I have worked ...

All the other buildings I had managed to export and wait until finish the rest of the work, such as the desc files and the lots files.

This models are dissapear:

and

Of course, in order to dispel any doubts, I will not stop further work. The only difference is (here words to DebussyMan) that work on the re-start city theater while reducing the number of duties related to the job ... First, I will deal with a number of smaller projects.

However, at first sight, I'll take in a few smaller models that take far less time and allow me to build up strength before long work on the city theater.

Several other models not show, so I do not have previous photos ... Fortunately, most of the finished models that I was able to export and now just waiting for me to work on completing them and sending them to the test, and if the testing is successful will soon be available for download on the LEX.

Once again, thanks for the words of encouragement ... and please wait for another update's

DaveN

Hi all.

Not that I imagined this special month for me, which I was honored. First, the disappearance have not completed all of my scenes, and 8 dayq ago, the HDD from the old computer died, burying all of my files. Ending a month was to be crowned with a large number of new projects, and I ended up just one new, and some previously started, which was exported.

To this day, my modest skills in this matter and the simple software helped me to recover only a small part of the resources that I kept on the hard disk.

From this place, all I wanted to apologize. To events, unfortunately I did not have the impact. As I say, "nastiness of dead things."

However, I can assure you that this is not the end. Although no longer in the OSITM, but will be creating new projects.

It's a curse, because I noticed that similar problems have buzzit.

Perhaps here for a while nothing new will not, because I spend the free time they saved as much of my data. Not only BAT projects, but the whole lot of other files, photos, etc.

I hope that I can as soon as possible and recover as much as possible, and then I'll be able to take the next BAT projects.

- Dave

peterycristi

H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

whatevermind

Hoping you're able to recover as much as possible and keep on with the great work you've been doing.  Good luck!

vortext

Well, that kinda sucks. Hope you had some stuff on a back-up, it's no fun to lose everything due to technology breaking down on you.  &mmm
time flies like a bird

gn_leugim

I also had a scary moment regarding this, when my pc wouldn't turn on, in fact, it was taking the power down in the house every time I tried  $%#Ninj2 $%#Ninj2

Luckly it was the plugs extension which were damaged and enter in short circuit, but was enough to make me rush in and make some backups :S

I don't know how much of your old material you will be able to get back, but I am confident you will go back into bating and learned a good lesson, of backing up stuff ;) I have :D  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Sorry to hear you've had more HDD trouble  :'(

The last pictures shown look great and I really look forward to seeing what you have next. Great job with OSITM  &apls &apls

DaveN

Hi all, after a long, long break.

Nothing new here for a long time showed, because most of the time I tried to recover as much data as possible from the old HDD. Unfortunately, all the plugins folder and the models that were not completed were lost.

However, it is time to start making new models. I decided to make a second attempt to model the city theater building. It will probably be much different from the first trial. I think, however, that it will not be much worse than the first.

I present a photo with the initial phase of modeling. I hope that you will like it. Textures are a bit different as well as a set of textures gone. Also, the modeling is my simplified.

This is only the beginning of the work, and yet the enormity of things to be done, so it's just the view and request any comments at this stage, because it will be easier to introduce them, when there is less stuff.

whatevermind

Looks like an excellent start!

DaveN

Another update for today.
I hope that you like it.

Simcoug

I was sorry to hear about your HD troubles  :(

I am always a big fan of your work and I look forward to see how the new theater progresses. 

DaveN

Hi all.

For today little progress of the City Theater.

Now I must search a good texture for the roof. The original roof was covered with sheet metal. And now I need some texture for the roof, but for now, I can't find anyone.

peterycristi

I allready like the new version of the theater a lot more than the lost one  &apls. Do you have a picture of the original building that shows the roof? Maybe i can help...
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

Aaron Graham

Holly cow, those models look really good. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

vortext

Good to see you back in full swing! The facade looks great already, curious to see how the theater will turn out eventually.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

DaveN

Hi all.

peterycritsti: Thanks for your words of appreciation and I am glad that the new version is like. I learned a little bit and do some things differently than in the first version, and so quickly, because I know how to go about it.
And when it comes to image, m is the only one I found where the roof is visible as well. As can be seen, the roof is divided into several sections, each of which is coated with another material. One part of the plate, steep sections are probably tile, although the image quality can only guess, and the flat part of the roof, which is probably covered with tar. I mean, of course, that part of the roof of the front towers. Below is the photo:

Aaron Graham: Thanks a lot.

vortext: Thank you. Well, unfortunately some time I was not here, but I decided to try to do something again. Of course, the loss of all data that were lost, and I'm not talking only about the models with gmax. All the time I try to play the plugins directory to be able to also enjoy themselves. And this is, unfortunately, extremely tedious task.
In any case, I started again in the municipal theater. I am glad that you also to the liking. I hope that the end result will be good enough.

A little progress today.

More could not be done because the last couple of days I was terribly busy. I hope that nothing broke, and if so, hints, tips, suggestions and even criticism will accept.
You can go ahead and comment.

Aaron Graham

Looks great, keep going now. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

DaveN

Welcome all.

In the meantime, modeling the building of the theater, also I took the district court building. There is still a lot of work on it, but for the moment the progress as follows:

I hope you like it. The building will be corner building on a 4x3 tiles.

For this moment I have this:

Any sugestion, advice and others will be very usefull.

Girafe

Quote from: DaveN on November 01, 2012, 03:44:53 PM

Any suggestion, advice and others will be very useless.

usefull  ;)

you are on the right road... wait for more details and advancement 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *