• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reddonquixote's International BAT Thread

Started by reddonquixote, August 16, 2015, 02:31:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Unconstantean

reddonquixote

Thankyou to Simcoug, Carlfatal (Twice!), Bombardiere, Arthur, JP, Matias, Unconstantean (Twice!), Seraf, Belfastsocrates, Kelis, Romualdillo, Deora, Metarvo, Vortext, Odainsaker, Girafe & Vester... I was very nervous posting that last update, I'm feeling extreme pressure to do a good job with this building that no-one appears to have attempted in 10 years of BATing history.. eeeek...  :o Your comments are all very encouraging  ;D

Great image Odainsaker - A classic Boris unless I'm mistaken  :D
Girafe - yeah, you're probably right, I'll keep going with it for now and view it in-game before making final tweaks to the materials. The tip is hard to make without making it look like plastic.
Thankyou to my mysterious benefactor for my 2nd K-point  ;D

Here's the next preview, moving further down the tower. I'm up to the bit where there's fancy tiling around the facade surface.. that's going to be an huge challenge  :o
Don't pay too much attention to the glass, its just a placeholder at this stage.

Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

matias93

Quote from: reddonquixote on September 23, 2015, 03:54:21 AM
Thankyou to Simcoug, Carlfatal (Twice!), Bombardiere, Arthur, JP, Matias, Unconstantean (Twice!), Seraf, Belfastsocrates, Kelis, Romualdillo, Deora, Metarvo, Vortext, Odainsaker, Girafe & Vester... I was very nervous posting that last update, I'm feeling extreme pressure to do a good job with this building that no-one appears to have attempted in 10 years of BATing history.. eeeek...  :o Your comments are all very encouraging  ;D

Great image Odainsaker - A classic Boris unless I'm mistaken  :D
Girafe - yeah, you're probably right, I'll keep going with it for now and view it in-game before making final tweaks to the materials. The tip is hard to make without making it look like plastic.
Thankyou to my mysterious benefactor for my 2nd K-point  ;D

Here's the next preview, moving further down the tower. I'm up to the bit where there's fancy tiling around the facade surface.. that's going to be an huge challenge  :o
Don't pay too much attention to the glass, its just a placeholder at this stage.

I was astonished by the glass textures and you say that is "just a placeholder". This is gonna be real great!

Maybe a way to improve the metallic feel of the spire is to stain it a little, considering that is in a contaminated, maritime city for almost a century.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

art128

This is seriously becoming what I'd call the BAT of history. No BAT can achieve such a high amount of expert modeling, texturing... Really a masterpiece.
A runner up would the MSU from Sam Johnson, for example.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

seraf

Beautiful, just beautiful.  &apls &apls &apls

You do remember that one side of the building is at an angle I hope?  ;D

romualdillo

bombardiere

This is going to be spectacular  &hlp

Some grime and shadowing is needed, but I would keep it very light. This is a monument after all, not a grummy steel factory.

There is nothing wrong to aim at the best, but no need to be stressed. You have proven yourself. What a beauties you have released.  :thumbsup:

I love the Landmarks you have made, but still I hope that you have time for your Melbourne creations too. You have interesting things going on there. Yes, I am odd, but I love small "filler" building. In my opinion these are what gives the city its soul. :)

FrankU

Unconstantean

OMG IS THAT A SC4 BUILDNG? :O  &apls

If you would like in the fuure, t woul be nice to have a vintage Empire State with a zeppelin docked on the top (as a timed prop) :D

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I think the windows in curtains to make it look better. Keep it up man. :)
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

APSMS

Quote from: Unconstantean on September 24, 2015, 09:27:54 AM
OMG IS THAT A SC4 BUILDNG? :O  &apls

If you would like in the fuure, t woul be nice to have a vintage Empire State with a zeppelin docked on the top (as a timed prop) :D
That job is currently occupied by Vlasky. Linkie

Zeppelin post: Linkie

Unfortunately, Vlasky is still only at 1/2 capacity, and has not jumped fully back into the BATting scene, though he is still around. You could probably ring him up by PM to see how he's doing.

The Chrysler building top looks excellent (don't remember if I said that already)! It will be great to see this in game, and especially with the characteristic "pop" that all of your buildings have, RDQ.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

noahclem

One of the most stunning projects I've ever seen! I'm pretty happy with the level of shininess now though it's hard to say for sure without seeing it in an SC4 environment. Will be following this eagerly  :popcorn:

art128

Congratulations on a well deserved OSITM! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Congratulations on a truly well-deserved OSITM!! I'm really looking forward to whatever you have in store for us  :thumbsup:

Unconstantean

Congratulations RED!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls :bnn: :bnn: :bnn: :bnn:

Thanks for the links APSMS! :cheers:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mgb204

Absolutely stunning stuff  :thumbsup:

I've been trying to find out what the fuss was about because the pictures weren't loading for me until now. I'm not hugely into NYC content, but this is something I'm truly looking forward to.