• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Fatsuhono

Your BAT looks great, but I have a few suggestions. I know it is still in its beginning stages, but nevertheless I have a few tips for you concerning detail.
First, you might want to try adding window frames to the window openings. By this I mean, create a rectangle slightly larger than the window opening, then one slightly smaller. Attach mult., then extrude. Do this again to give the frame a more realistic look. Trust me, although this can't be made out very well ingame, it can impressively add to the realism and detailed look of your BAT. I'd suggest the same thing for the doors.
Next I think that, since your roof is tiled, it could act instead as a bit of a balcony/roofdeck type of thing. Add some railings, and maybe a few frames around the lining between the roofdeck and the walls. If you add a slightly-larger cylinder to border the connection of the round walls to the roof, it will look pretty damn sexy.
The roof on the round portion of the building is tiled, but if so, shouldn't there be stairs leading to it? That would seem more suitable for the rich politicians that visit the embassy, hehe. Ladders are usually for workers and managers, so I think you should "un-tile" the roof texture and instead add roofjunk and airducts/vents.

I also think mental ray would make your building all the better. When rendering non-SC4-style previews, you may want to select "south" as if you're rendering for the game, but change your view to perspective. This will add lighting and shadows. Top this off with a mental ray setting of mental.ray.no.gi.no.high using Lanczoz filter and final gather samples 5 (in indirect illumination). If you don't like mental ray, go back to using scanline, but switch the filter from Area to Catmull-Rom.

Good luck! ;)

art128

thanks for the suggestion Fatsuhono-san, I will try that !
here's a new project, a train station based on Tampere one, in ...... Tampere, Finland.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nardo69

Now that looks REALLY sweat to me - a bigger modern station, not a terminus (there's no lack of them anymore!) but a through station.  &hlp

Some wishes hints from me:

• I don't know how many tracks there are in Tempere but I would love to see 3 platforms serving 5 tracks (or 3 SC$ double track
  • I made the experience that the simulator has some problems with completely TE'd railway station. Please render the platforms with an offset in order to lay out a standard track there. Doing this also means that transit switches for freight trains aren't necessary
  • Please make the LOD so tight that you can add catenaries of your own wish to the station. Lots of station LODs make partes of them disappear

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

That looks great Arthur,  &apls

and very good suggestions Bernhard. :thumbsup:

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

art128

thanks a lot Robin !  :)
And thanks Bernhard for the suggestions,
You're completely right, there are 3 platforms in Tampere, serving 5 tracks ! I will do like you said, the LOT will be just the building and the platforms will be beside (like the game's little train station). and thanks for the last suggestion !  :thumbsup: Also I'm glad you liked it !

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

beutelschlurf

moin art128,

not only a new avatar but a big ambitious undertaking here at bat project, too!  :thumbsup:
... keep it up mate! looks very promising ...

b_schlurf

art128

Thanks Ioan and beutelschlurf !

Here's something I've started two days ago..

Can you guess what is it ?? !  :P

note -> This isn't finished thought..  ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

House on wheels  ()what()

Wonderful work on this crane! It looks very realistic already. Is it going to be a gantry crane for container handling or is it one for bigger things like boats and stuff?

beutelschlurf

moin art128,

wow, i'm really impressed ...  :shocked2: ... you've done a lot of improvments since you started bating, that's for sure!
keep it up mate!

b_schlurf

art128

Good guess Merijn, It's a gantry crane for small container terminal (like Paris's one (at Gennevilliers where that crane is inspired) and Duisburg one) !
Thanks  beutelschlurf, it's sure it's very different as my very first BAT showed at page one !
here's a real picture !

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Thanks Guillaume !

The container crane is going to the export, she passed by the plugins manager and goes to the LE, but unfortunately, I found some scale issue... Well, I have to resolve that very quickly..  (well not a big problem, just some error in the configurations of the gird spacing and all, that make the crane really little in the LE (around 5 time littlest of a city tile  :P ! ) But hey ! )

Well anyway, I planed to make another crane (this time a bulk one :p )

Here's the original one (located in the port of Leixões in Matosinhos, Porto, Portugal.

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Here's the progress on the bulk crane :

Props & Texture Catalog

tag_one

The good old scaling issues.. Had the same issues with my port stuff  ::)

I really like the bulk cranes! I hardly can't wait for them  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks a lot Merijn !

Here's some progress again :

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Nice progress! Every time i stop by here I see something that I'd like to put in my plugins folder $%Grinno$% Let me know if you need help with modding, lotting or testing. I'll be glad to help.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

FrankU

Hi Arthur,

I thought, I'd stop by. Your thread is interesting enough.
The highrise isn't my cup of tea, but I do really like the railwaystation and the cranes.

Good work!

art128

Thanks a lot Frank and Ioan !

here are some progress on the bulk crane :

And here a building for a W2W pack :

Note -> The roof isn't like I wanted, so I will redone it (first time ever I make a roof like that..)

Props & Texture Catalog