• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bliss - Goodbye

Started by Russell, April 25, 2007, 02:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

YOU...ARE...HAPPY...

Some more unnerving shots from Bliss! I love your industrial sprawl, it looks so looming! I'll be looking forward to seeing what those satellite dishes are for, too! Great job, Russell!

Strechnitz

I AM HAPPY! $%#Ninj2

Aha mass mindcontrol, this makes sense! :thumbsup:

Strech.

Tarkus

"Blissfully" unsettling as always, Russell.  ;)  That industry seems to go on for ever, and the way in which the development abruptly ends in those city shots kind of creates a surreal quality. The satellite dish is a nice touch as well--looks like Bliss' residents better get the aluminum foil out. :D

-Alex

Emperor Stormont

Your population really do have such a wonderful government to ensure they are always happy.

Great  update, love the dish, so random in any other MD, but perfect for this  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Russell

Thundercrack83: Thanks. Industries are lovely.  ;)
Strechnitz: It can be mind control, it can be something else. We'll just have to wait and see. :D
Tarkus: Glad you like it. However, aluminum foil has just recently been banned by the regime. Might just have something to do with the dishes. Or just an effort to save metal.  ;)
Belfastuniguy: Thank you. And yes, this is a government with nothing but the peoples happiness in mind.  ;)

While we wait for the presence of satellite dishes to be explained, let us look at Bliss, the city of light and perhaps also repetition...

...and turn our attention to something new...

...a break area, a generous gift to the people from its benevolent masters, a beautiful square adorned with barbed wire to protect those who use it from the perils of traffic and the risk of falling into water and drown, and without such dangers as benches (sharp edges) and trees (can fall down)...

...and just look how happy these people are, using this vast area so generously bestowed upon them by a regime that never hesitates to reward its people when rewards are in order and always has what is best for them in mind.

Pat

Russell last two updates are awsome i would so love to be living in Bliss as it seems the government takes
real good care of its people.  So are there any real great places to live in Bliss?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Emperor Stormont

The break area looks wonderful. Why should the need trees, all they do is cuase mess in autumn. The people should be grateful their protection is being thought of.

I love the density of the development, very great work

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

thundercrack83

More brilliantly crafted totalitarianism! I love the justifications that the government comes up with for doing the things they do! No benches because they have sharp edges. That's great!

Russell

Thundercraft83: Thank you. And yes, the regime is very thoughtful when it comes to the safety of its citizens.  ;)
Belfastuniguy: You and the regime share the same conviction: that trees only cause, as you say, a mess, and therefore all trees lining the pavements in the city of Bliss are made of plastic.

And finally, Patfirefghtr, you request a great place in which to reside in Bliss...

...but there are so many to choose from...

...almost all in various highrises...

...but we do need additional workforce to our industries...

...so feel free to send in an application, and you will soon be part of the happiness in Bliss, where, except from work, you never have to do anything.

sebbyb

WORK IS FUN

your city is amazing, i love the layouts and personal touches you bestow on it!! amazing CJ you have here, thank you for sharing it.

Russell

Sebbyb, thank you for that nice comment. I'm happy to share  :)

The increasingly popular break area has been decorated with a powerplant, great for children to climb on and a terrific conversation piece for grown-ups out on a stroll.

Strechnitz

This is hilarious. So trees and benches are health hazards, but a powerplant is fun to climb on? :D

I know now that thinking is wrong but er...there is no logic in this. would the regime care to explain  ;)

Strech.

Russell

Dear Strechnitz, benches and trees are health hazards, and a powerplant is really a fun place for children, at least according to the regime, and the regime is always right. And by "THINKING IS WRONG", the regime of course means that it is wrong for people to think for themselves, and the proclamation on the sign would have been changed to "DO NOT THINK FOR YOURSELF", had it not been for the distraction caused by an explosion near one of the satellite dishes. After thorough investigation, it was concluded that this explosion was caused by an underground political group, GUPOGUD, short for Give Us Parks Or give Us Death, a movement demanding parks instead of break areas, and not hesitating to use explosives to underline these demands. However, the loss of lives and the damage to the city did not concern the regime as much as the fact that it had been interrupted just seconds before this satellite dish would have inaugurated a radical mind control-programme, and that something called GUPOGUD had dared to challenge the regime.

thundercrack83

Uh, oh! I smell a coup d'etat beginning! I can't wait to see how the regime of Bliss cracks down on the dissidents!

oyd

big brother is watching you....
fantastic story....
"Dear Prudence wont you come out and play..."

Pat

Russell i thank you for my very own place to live in bliss im so content in my new place.
I wish those protesters never did any bombing but i hope the regime dont give in to those
radicals... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Mind control . . . I just knew it! :D  Man, the GUPOGUD really made a big explosion there--quite coincidental that it took out the satellite. ;)

Fantastically twisted as always, Russell. :thumbsup:  Look forward to seeing more Bliss.

-Alex

bat

wonderful updates and great pictures!! :thumbsup:

Russell

As always, your comments are deeply appreciated by the regime. Thank you.

However, there never was an explosion. It had all just been an illusion caused by microwaves transmitted from the satellite dishes, making the citizens of Bloss see what the regime wanted them to see and believe what the regime wanted them to believe. GUPOGUD too was an illusion, since the people of Bliss are far too controlled to be able to form an underground movement. It had all been an experiment most successful, and the regime...

...repeated it, making people believe the locked and forbidden park had been destroyed by the imaginary GUPOGUD...

...which it of course had not - it still stood there, believed to be some sort of mirage by those who saw it after its supposed destruction...

...whereas in real life, more satellite dishes...

...where constructed, continuing to transmit microwaves...

...and while they were being adjusted to function even more perfectly, life otherwise went on as usual in Bliss, with two new underground crematoria being constructed, this one with grimy, dark smoke......

...this one with bright...

...and a whole new break area with a statue equipped with a microphone disguised as a spear and a surveillance camera in each eye socket.

bat

another great update and pictures! :thumbsup: