• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Another great update! My favourite pics are those with the canal between the residential and commercial areas ;) Can't wait for more!
P.S. Welcome to page 42!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kimcar

&apls &apls Another stunning update mate. Your rain pic should go to the HOF right away . Great photoshop. I really like the residential zone with the canals. You got a great skill for build real city  :thumbsup: Thanks as for the withe rock mod, if you want my e-mail or if you got problem to send just tell me.  ;)

Ennedi

Quote from: mightygoose on March 31, 2009, 03:06:02 AM
i like the stones as both embankment and beach, however i agree that the texture should probably be finer, texture c4 looks good...

i envisaged a still more man made approach such as set stones and moss...
or even a stepped texture...

as to the update,

while the flavour of the first few port shots is evident, they do lack some of the activity you would normally associate with a busy port, plus i don't know if its me but I hate that dark grey parking texture... it just seems so fake to me.

the residential area is great, nice use of custom content and great feel to the area, i would want to live there. the railway station is very well put together and gives a great impression, however is that row of trees behind the station part of the station lot?

great work overall, looking forward to 45 :)

I will try to make finer stone texture and use various colors - grey and brown, as others suggested. Thank you for photos! I will experiment with mossy walls, but there is a problem with terrain textures: They work in a different way as these on lots. Terrain textures are distorted by the terrain, especially on steep slopes. If you will make - for example - a texture with horizontal lines, they will almost never horizontal in the game. We could make something similar to the man-made wall, but we shouldn't use horizontal and vertical lines. Stones/bricks should be irregular and polygonal (for example hexagonal), not rectangular. But the proposition is interesting.
I agree with you about the port, there should be more activity in it. But it means one of two things a) relotting - I simply haven't time for it now, or b) various fillers with the same texture, something such as sidewalk lots. And there aren't such fillers in the SNM set, I will try to find something else.
I also agree about the parking area (I suppose you are saying about this one at the Hyundai dockyard). Again something what desperately needs relotting. But I have too much things started and unfinished, and I'm afraid that I would stay in LE for quite along while. Most MD makers who started to make their own lots were forced to make long breaks between updates. And I have enough work with textures now, I really want to complete enough of them to start making the terrain mod soon. So I suppose I will make some custom lots not earlier than in summer  $%Grinno$%
As for trees along the railyard - I must check it, it seems they appeared on the railyard lot placed next to the station. Another group of trees is a part of the Newman Inc Granary.
I'm glad you like the residential area and you would like to live in such place. This is exactly my intention - I want to create places in which I would feel good  :)

Quote from: art128 on March 31, 2009, 03:49:15 AM
Very Creative work my friend, the residential sector looks excellently done Adam. Like the seaport, nice use of dry docks.
Also, like I have started to build my seaport (see in the show us your... thread), I'm inspired by your pictures to build my one !  &apls

Thank you Arthur! I must look at your seaport! :thumbsup:

Quote from: emilin on March 31, 2009, 10:41:11 AM
Thanks for the info on the drydock!

I really like the beachmodd, and it's hard to find good ones. Perhaps it would look even better in a darker shade, but I'm not sure... it looks good none the less.

And, I'll try to stop by more often. ;D

Thank you Emil! I will make more versions of the beach mod, so you will be able to compare them. I also will show what I needed this texture for and what can be done with it.

Quote from: io_bg on March 31, 2009, 12:08:04 PM
Another great update! My favourite pics are those with the canal between the residential and commercial areas ;) Can't wait for more!
P.S. Welcome to page 42!

Hello Ioan, nice to see you again! I'm very glad you like the canal, I like it too  :)

FrankU,
I don't quote your posts, I suppose it's unnecessary, they are clearly visible above  :D
Thank you very much again! Good to hear that grassy textures can be useful for you. I will experiment more with the rocky one (see my reply to MIghtygoose). I guess it can be very useful for many players. You want to see grass on embankments and the same grass at the waterfront isn't a problem for you, but I suppose some people can have exactly opposite opinion.
Do you have another propositions about textures? Another grass? Or something else? I made experiments with concrete, look ugly, such texture must have some details.

QuoteA bit pity is this. You see some greyish coloring around the banks of the sunken highway.

This is not caused by the rock mod. This is a texture 40, used by Cycledogg at low elevations in wet places to improve matching terrain textures with the Olympic Beach Mod. I can make a mod removing it for you if you want.

There is an attachment to this post - a beta version of my White Limeston Rock Mod. Kimcar asked for it. I suppose it is too bright for most of you, but you can download it if you want. I will work more with rock mods soon.

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Rayden

Quote from: Ennedi on March 31, 2009, 02:18:30 PMI will work more with rock mods soon.

Adam

.. or we, if you want ;)

FrankU

Ennedi,

The grass texture on the embankments and on the seashores are interconnected, I thought. So it was my impression that if I want the green embankments I need to live with green seashores. If I was wrong and there is something that can be done about it, then that is preferrable, of course.

And if you are able to remove the greyish coloring around the edges, then I would be most happy. I already thought that this was a result of the terrain mod and maybe the limitless beach modd and not from your mod.

About textures: green embankment can be useful to a lot of people. That means that there are many people using different terrain mods, that all want their own embankment mod. Would it be possible to make a embankment mod that uses a certain texture from the installed texture mod?
Consider this: if a useful texture in a certain terrain mod always is numbered "texture 14" then it could be useful to make a mod that uses texture 14 as a replacement for the default rock texture. In that case you only need to make one embankment mod for all terrain mods.  :)
But I fear this is not the case and you will be asked to make an embankment mod for every terrain mod available...! :'(

Ennedi

Quote from: Rayden on March 31, 2009, 04:12:53 PM
.. or we, if you want ;)

Yes! :thumbsup: I will contact with you in next few days.

Quote from: FrankU on April 01, 2009, 03:58:39 AM
Ennedi,

The grass texture on the embankments and on the seashores are interconnected, I thought. So it was my impression that if I want the green embankments I need to live with green seashores. If I was wrong and there is something that can be done about it, then that is preferrable, of course.

And if you are able to remove the greyish coloring around the edges, then I would be most happy. I already thought that this was a result of the terrain mod and maybe the limitless beach modd and not from your mod.

About textures: green embankment can be useful to a lot of people. That means that there are many people using different terrain mods, that all want their own embankment mod. Would it be possible to make a embankment mod that uses a certain texture from the installed texture mod?
Consider this: if a useful texture in a certain terrain mod always is numbered "texture 14" then it could be useful to make a mod that uses texture 14 as a replacement for the default rock texture. In that case you only need to make one embankment mod for all terrain mods.  :)
But I fear this is not the case and you will be asked to make an embankment mod for every terrain mod available...! :'(

FrankU, I will make a mod removing the greyish texture. Tell me please which terrain mod do you use.
As for making an universal texture: Of course it is possible to make an embankment mods dedicated to every terrain mod, or a few mods harmonizing with certain types of terrain mod (1. green mods like Meadowshire, Italia, Olympic... 2. Less green ones such as Missouri Breaks or Wasco (made by Tarkus) 3. Red terrain mods (Great Canyon etc.) 4. Desert terrain mods). In most cases the flat area used to build cities has a low altitude, so we can use a representative texture from the bottom line of the terrain texture map table.
Unfortunately your idea is not possible. The embankment rock mod should be similar to the texture appearing on the flat area on low elevation in various terrain mods. These textures have different numbers. To use the texture on cliffs we must assign the number 44 to it. So we must take various textures and rename them to make various embankment mods. I'm a bit tired, I hope it is clear.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I haven't much time lately, so I wasn't able to prepare a bigger update. But some progress was done, today I want to show you a new oil terminal in the industrial part of the port. I finished also the seaport entrance with the new control tower.
I have much troubles with the waterfront. As you see I use Japanese Gurry's seawalls and they work very good. But earlier I used almost identical sewalls made by another Japanese creator, they were called "teibou". Unfortunately some pieces had an Immmortal Lot syndrom. I wasn't able to build everything I wanted with these lots, I decided to bulldoze them, but now I can't build anything on some terrain tiles. I used all possible methods including reterraforming - nothing. These tiles are visible along the diagonal part of the waterfront.
But the rest is OK (I hope  :)) and here are pics

And a few night pics

I also played a bit with another textures for an embankment mod. Here are my next attempts. I have to make improvements in a few zooms, so I don't attach zips this time. Tell me please what do you think.

Adam :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

FrankU

Adam,

Pity my idea does not work!
I use the Madowshire terrain mod. There's two of them, isn't it? I don't remember which. Need to look at home.

Your seaport makes me drool! Although the large oil tanker is lyning on the seport. I hope this won't happen in real life, because it will become an enormous mess. I guess you could file this situation under emergencies or even disasters.

The rocks are very nice now! I will not use any of them, but I am sure they will be useful to a lot of people. They look really good.

mightygoose

marvellous work on the seaport the refinery section is one of the best i have seen.

the first of this posts two urban rock mods is fantastic, if only the top of the viaduct returned to grass..
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

tooheys

Adam, the oil terminal looks great, wonderful work  :thumbsup: And the harbour overall is a real treat. I really should have been back to Shosaloza a lot earlier.

Dave

Gwail

It's time to sign in, lurkin' ain't enough ;).

Great pics, as always, one of my most favourite MD's. Good psd workshop  :thumbsup:.

Graystone embankment looks well, I'd love to take a chance using it within my city :). The second has got too large details, imo, if it's an attempt to make the sandy embankment (that's my first thought, anyway).

mightygoose, I rather wish to have that texture on top of diagonals ;).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

kimcar

&apls &aplsWow outstanding night pics my friend. Your seaport is one of the best that i saw. Keep it up :thumbsup:

bat

That's an amazing seaport there! Excellent new night shots there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) &apls

darraghf

That is one amazing port! Great no amazing MD so far!
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Sciurus

Very beautiful port, and the tanker is enormous! :o

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Quote from: Sciurus on April 11, 2009, 05:42:03 AM

The normal size for a supertanker !  ;)

Very nice seaport there Adam, I really love the first night shot with the control tower, that looks quite calm and great.
Take Care,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

calibanX

Sweet port. I love that supertanker. It's just super! I also like your use of that embankment set. You've convinced me to give it a try.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

mattb325

Some of the best port pictures I have ever seen - I had to do a double take with pictures 2,5 and 9 - they look real.... &apls - truly inspirational stuff!

Ennedi

Thank you all for nice comments!
Personal replies:

Quote from: FrankU on April 06, 2009, 08:02:39 AM
Adam,

Pity my idea does not work!
I use the Madowshire terrain mod. There's two of them, isn't it? I don't remember which. Need to look at home.

Your seaport makes me drool! Although the large oil tanker is lyning on the seport. I hope this won't happen in real life, because it will become an enormous mess. I guess you could file this situation under emergencies or even disasters.

The rocks are very nice now! I will not use any of them, but I am sure they will be useful to a lot of people. They look really good.

I will release the Urban Rock Mod soon. I want to use Cycledogg's textures in some cases, so I must ask him for permission. Silvio (Rayden) found very good stone texture for me, so I will make more variants. In the meantime please use beta versions. I'm very glad you find this idea useful :)
Tankers are moved in seaports very precisely, so I hope my seaport will not finish its life in the big explosion  :D

Quote from: mightygoose on April 06, 2009, 05:21:07 PM
marvellous work on the seaport the refinery section is one of the best i have seen.

the first of this posts two urban rock mods is fantastic, if only the top of the viaduct returned to grass..

Thank you for nice words! As for the embankment texture - I will check it, maybe it will be possible to decrease the texture blending area and make some grass visible along the railway. But as Gwail said, stones are usually placed just along the railway line :)

Quote from: tooheys on April 08, 2009, 02:59:20 AM
Adam, the oil terminal looks great, wonderful work  :thumbsup: And the harbour overall is a real treat. I really should have been back to Shosaloza a lot earlier.

Dave

Hello Dave, I'm very glad you like Shosaloza pictures! Of course please visit me more often, you are always warm welcomed here!

Quote from: Gwail on April 08, 2009, 03:50:08 AM
It's time to sign in, lurkin' ain't enough ;).

Great pics, as always, one of my most favourite MD's. Good psd workshop  :thumbsup:.

Graystone embankment looks well, I'd love to take a chance using it within my city :). The second has got too large details, imo, if it's an attempt to make the sandy embankment (that's my first thought, anyway).

mightygoose, I rather wish to have that texture on top of diagonals ;).

Great to see you decided to stop lurking and start to comment  :D. You are right about too large stones in closest zooms, I will improve it in the next version. Please visit me again - and comment if you will see something deserving it  :D

Quote from: kimcar on April 08, 2009, 12:13:04 PM
&apls &aplsWow outstanding night pics my friend. Your seaport is one of the best that i saw. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Hello kimcar, thank you very much!

Quote from: bat on April 09, 2009, 05:44:31 AM
That's an amazing seaport there! Excellent new night shots there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;) &apls

Thank you bat, that's great you like the seaport! :thumbsup:

Quote from: darraghf on April 10, 2009, 01:33:13 AM
That is one amazing port! Great no amazing MD so far!

Thank you very much and welcome in Shosaloza! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Sciurus on April 11, 2009, 05:42:03 AM

Thank you Guillaume, modern tankers look enormous in RL too  :D

Quote from: art128 on April 11, 2009, 08:11:25 AM
The normal size for a supertanker !  ;)

Very nice seaport there Adam, I really love the first night shot with the control tower, that looks quite calm and great.
Take Care,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Arthur! Please visit me again! :)

Quote from: calibanX on April 13, 2009, 10:16:54 AM
Sweet port. I love that supertanker. It's just super! I also like your use of that embankment set. You've convinced me to give it a try.

Geoff

Thank you very much! I know you don't make many comments, so I appreciate your opinion even more  :thumbsup: Yes, Gurry's seawalls are very good done and they can be used i a very flexible way.

Quote from: mattb325 on April 13, 2009, 04:22:35 PM
Some of the best port pictures I have ever seen - I had to do a double take with pictures 2,5 and 9 - they look real.... &apls - truly inspirational stuff!

Hello Matt! Great to hear so nice words from one of the best Shosaloza experts  :) :thumbsup:

I didn't make too much in the seaport and the city last few weeks, I played mostly with textures. It is very nice and even exciting, but very time-cosuming. i started from a few rock mods, today I'll show you some work in progress. These mods are far from ideal, but I hope to receiver some opinions from you.
I also started a cooperation with Silvio (Rayden), we had a few very nice and creative sessions yet. I'm sure our common work will be even better  :thumbsup:

Now some teasers  :D

Mossy granite

Brown granite

The same rock but another version

Maybe a sandstone?  ;)

Another sandstone

I don't know how to call this rock, but I like it  ;D

What do you think?

Adam
New Horizons Productions

WC_EEND

I prefer the mossy granite one
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kimcar

&apls &apls Oh Wow very good looking  ()what() I don`t know wich one look the best but you done a great job both of you. As for the last rock mod , it`s look like a lava rock who still warm  ...no but look superbe. It`s gonna be very hard to choose one for doing MD . Too bad them we can`t mix 2 or 3 mod in the same time. Thanks for your work mates