• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GLR/rail hub

Started by Breki, February 08, 2012, 09:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breki

Hi folks!  :)
I'm looking for a transit hub that would combine both rail and GLR station. It should be a through station, something similar to cogeo's semitransparent GLR stations and hubs (http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/16625-glr-stations-and-hubs/), but not as wide (ideally 2 tiles wide). It's not a specific file I'm looking for, anything fitting the desription would most likely do. Please post whatever comes to mind. I've spent the whole afternoon looking for this, just finished browsing through the closed requests section, and couldn't find anything that would match the station I've had in mind.. If my batting or lotting skills were any good, i'd make one myself, but since they're not, I'm kinda stuck..  &mmm

catty

The closest to what you want ... I think ... you may have had something else in mind is the

HSRP Transit Hub by 3ddz     

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1610

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Breki

Unfortunately, this one doesn't help me that much, being this wide, elevated and a HSR station basicly.. I'll try modifying marrast's double rail station and see how it goes.. Thanks for your effort..  :)

cogeo

A two-tile-deep Rail+GLR station lot will rather be very cramped with props, as there is only a 4-meter space (1/4th of a tile) left at each side. And most likely you will want to put some platforms there, and therefore the lot will be fully covered. This most likely will require a custom BAT model, like a T-shaped canopy covering both tracks. And still, there will be no space to put some parking stuff, not even a ramp (underground parking) - unless you want your station not offering parking services. Of course it is possible to mod your station so that it does offer parking and not put any parking props or textures on the lot, but I think it should be best to have some visual evidence of the parking services too. Maybe a custom model combining the platform and some wall with a (very low) underground parking entrance would do the job. Otherwise a 3-tile-deep lot would rather be the best, as this would leave enough space to put some parking textures and maybe some planters. But you still need some platform and/or canopy models, and these should better be requested in a BATting forum.

There are some Maxis platform/canopy props and actually two different ones. You can find them in simcity_1.dat. If you are making your own lot, better try drawing the lot layout on the paper.

Not sure about Marrast's stations, they are fine, but some models have the track texture included in the model, don't know about Marrast's.

Breki

Thanks cogeo for yor advice! :)

Parking wouldn't be a problem, there's no need for it, because the station is to be in a densely packed midtown area of what is supposed to be a newyorkish city in 1920s or '30s.. So platforms and canopy is all that's needed.
I have this little fyordish bay, around which I've built a park, and on its edge the commuter lines come to surface (and continue uptown in a trench).. Since I've finally come to a point where a rapid transit system could be plausible, I've decided to build an underground-elevated system, and the above mentioned bay is just on the way, so I figured that, given the notable difference in elevation between sections of the subway, a ground section would be realistic.. Since the commuter tracks were already there, a few hudred meters of parallel tracks and a joint station (complemented with a bus stop) seems like a nice and elegant solution..

Regarding the BATing, I've managed to enable one side of Marrast's double rail station for elevated rail traffic using SC4 Tool, leaving other for regular rail traffic, but now I have a problem with elevated trains jumping 15 meters up in the air when entering the station - a problem which I've read about somewhere - and other kinds of problems are likely to arise along the way.. Therefore I will post a request in a BATing forum.. :)

Thanks again!