• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: BabyDoc on January 22, 2012, 08:59:04 PM
Is there anyway to get the high monorail to cross the RHW?

There are currently no pieces for that. Having that said, you may need a different set of highway walls, since the ones you're using were only intended for MHW.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

BabyDoc

Yeah.  Those walls will also go, but before I invest the time, money, and inconvenience to my sims necessary to remod this, I need to know what to do about the monorail.  Any ideas for workarounds?

Tarkus

The only real possibility I can think of that is currently possible would be to tunnel the highway.  And since the RHW cannot support tunnels (they can be built but don't support traffic--and it's hardcoded), you would have to switch to an Avenue or two OWRs temporarily there.

There will likely be some sort of functionality to allow that setup over an RHW, though High Monorail is kind of in an odd spot in our future plans.  There has long been discussion of making it draggable, which is the main reason there haven't been any more pieces made for it (e.g. High Monorail over RHW).

-Alex

Tarkus

If anyone's wondering why we decided to stick the DDRHW decks at L2 (15m) and L3 (22.5m), this image should explain it:

That's exactly what it looks like--an L1 EMIS going under a DDRHW.

Suffice to say, Project 0E is going well.  There's over 123,000 lines of code in place now, covering all existing RHW networks plus L1 elevated versions (and in the case of the MIS, RHW-4 and RHW-6S, L3 and L4 elevated versions).  There's still some stabilization work to go and re-assembly/re-orientation of some model-based items to get them into their new rotations, but we're in good shape.  I've also begun converting Flex items over to Project 0E specifications.

After that will come conversion of applicable puzzle pieces, and finally, we'll get back to adding more content in (aside from a bit of multi-level stuff that makes sense to do now while the models are being adjusted).

-Alex

gn_leugim

Those are wonderful news Alex :) great work  &apls

apeguy

Excellent news Tarkus, the wait for project OE is going to be well worth it. ;D ;D

Quote from: Tarkus on January 24, 2012, 01:52:08 PM
L3 and L4 elevated versions)

L4? I thought there wasn't going to be anymore levels after L3, so will this mean that we could make 5-level interchanges? ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Tarkus

Quote from: apeguy on January 24, 2012, 02:38:36 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on January 24, 2012, 01:52:08 PM
L3 and L4 elevated versions)

L4? I thought there wasn't going to be anymore levels after L3, so will this mean that we could make 5-level interchanges? ;)

Yes, the plan all along has been to have a 5-level system.  L4 is 30m.

-Alex

mike3775

So will it be possible to go from say an L3 MIS to an L2 MIS to a ground level MIS with these different heights?

Tarkus

Quote from: mike3775 on January 24, 2012, 03:14:07 PM
So will it be possible to go from say an L3 MIS to an L2 MIS to a ground level MIS with these different heights?

Yes, the plans include transitions between all of those.  In fact, in those particular cases, they already exist due to the DDRHW.

-Alex

noahclem

Looks great Alex  &apls  I'm very happy to hear things are moving along nicely with project 0E!

ivo_su

Wow so many levels right not to believe.
Which networks are expected to have a level 5, their gradual introduction you will be, Which of the networks are in the foreground?
Can something like a table with all the nomenclature for  the height of the appropriate level, and any  network to which of the levels will be spread?

- Ivo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on January 24, 2012, 03:33:59 PM
Wow so many levels right not to believe.
Which networks are expected to have a level 5, their gradual introduction you will be, Which of the networks are in the foreground?
Can something like a table with all the nomenclature for  the height of the appropriate level, and any  network to which of the levels will be spread?

Technically, there won't be any thing labeled "Level 5", as the system goes from 0-4, with L0 being ground level.  Here's the plans:

L0 = Ground Level
L1 = 7.5 meters
L2 = 15 meters (existing ERHWs and other NAM elevated networks)
L3 = 22.5 meters (top deck of DDRHW)
L4 = 30 meters ("High Elevated", like the Elevated Light Rail and Monorail)

Networks with an L0:
RHW-2, RHW-3, MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S, RHW-8S, RHW-10S, RHW-6C, RHW-8C

Networks getting an L1:

Networks with an L2 or planned to be getting one (marked in italics):

Networks getting an L3:
MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S

Networks getting an L4:
MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S

-Alex

ivo_su

Technically, there won't be any thing labeled "Level 5", as the system goes from 0-4, with L0 being ground level.  Here's the plans:

L0 = Ground Level
L1 = 7.5 meters
L2 = 15 meters (existing ERHWs and other NAM elevated networks)
L3 = 22.5 meters (top deck of DDRHW)
L4 = 30 meters ("High Elevated", like the Elevated Light Rail and Monorail)

Networks with an L0:

Networks getting an L1:

Networks with an L2 or planned to be getting one (marked in italics):

Networks getting an L3:
MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S

Networks getting an L4:
MIS, RHW-4, RHW-6S

-Alex

Sufficiently  comprehensive and detailed information. I appreciate it and am truly shocked by imagining what things are coming after E-0. All this would not be possible in one version of the NAM, respectively RHW right?

- Ivo

mike3775

Wow that is going to be awesome when its all finally released.  Thanks for the info Tarkus

Will12

And we get new MHS stuff. mtg's stuff got lost so Alex makes new stuff! Awesome. Stacks. Lots of other interchanges can be made. May I ask what is planned for NAM 31 inclusion

jdenm8

Actually, we do have all of the L1EMIS files that MTG created, it's the L4EMIS files that we don't have and will be recreating.

EDIT: Slightly reworded to sound less mean

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Will12

Right. And nice new avatar

Tarkus

Actually, I'm having to reconstruct the L1 EMIS stuff as part of Project 0E.  It's not that big of a deal as they're pretty easy to put together.  cogeo's Model Tweaker (especially the new Version 2.35 Beta version) is an absolute lifesaver.

-Alex

DAB_City

Doesn't that make the FLUP pieces L-2? Good work though  ::)
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

MandelSoft

^^ Actually more like L-1.3, since they are 10m deep... (at least, the models)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE