• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Big City Tutorial :)

Started by spot, July 31, 2007, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spot

Hello! This is my first published work. I use map that everybody know. It's called TIMBUKTU and is the first thing after EA&Maxis credits that see every beginner. :) Have fun.

Start with regional view (click over thumbnail to see large version of image):

Now we go to the city of Big City Tutorial and more exactly to industrial zones and harbour:

More updates soon : :P

Have a nice day  ;)

tooheys

Nice start, you've got some of my fave lots in there, the docks, the canal and of course jeronij's wall. :)

If anything, the port may be a little cramped with the two Maxis ports so close together.

Looking forward to see how this develops

Cheers

Dave

bat

Wonderful start, spot! Fantastic industrial area and port! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Ooooh- ya' got me with the industry.  I really, really like big grimy well detailed industrial areas, and that looks like how you'll be making, at least for now, the Timbuktoo quad yours.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Sober

Love the use of Goober's canals, they fit perfectly with the industrial side imo, while CAL's version are much better outside of industrial areas.

The seaports are nice too, except the cramping between the maxis seaports, and just you wait til the water pollution gets really bad.

thundercrack83

The industries looks great, my friend! Fantastic start! I can't wait to see how you develop further.

spot

tooheys, bat, dedgren, Sober, thundercrack83 thanks for nice comments. Now continue with closer look inside the city.

here we have construction of new quarter...

...and after 5 sek is ready.

some canal works at night :)

3 of 7 large residential tenement

second pass to industrial zone

other 3 large large residential tenement and first pass to industrial zone

eyes of city

more picz after few days .
have fun ;)

bat

Great new update! Wonderful looking pictures! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Hello, there, spot! The update looks great! I love your sunken highway especially. If you don't mind a suggestion, though, I would recommend posting the pictures in their actual size, rather than thumbnails. If people have to click on them to see them, they may not want to take the time. But whatever size you choose to post the pictures, I'll be looking forward to see more of them!

NASCAR_Guy

Holy :angrymore: ! those last three pics are wow 100%
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave