• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Thank you for the kind words!

I have a development thread over at Simtropolis ( http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/72569-development-the-day-major-fantozzi-went-farming). I don't think I should post pictures here. This is your thread, I like to see your pictures here. I know FrankU's Maxis replacement set with the nice Nexis green houses. When I started my project I had something in mind that works as an adition to it. Therefore I also tried to make additional crops, not covered by pegasus or simgoober or you, like seasonal rapeseed, bamboo, flax, potatoes etc. My hope is, I'm doing complementary stuff, making some nice addition, not different versions of already existing stuff becoming a "this-or-that thing".

Discovering this thread here with this stunning work of yours made me worry about what I'm doing. But I'm so glad you're still active and working on this. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited about what's going on here.   

FrankU

Hi fantozzi,

Not too much time, but now I really have to say many "Wow"s to your thread at Simtrop. It's just too awesome!  &apls &apls &apls
I only missed it because I always loose track on ST and therefore I never take part in ST discussions.  ()what()

But it's great and you did some things I never dared, like cows on fields, chicken on fields, etc.. Your timed props are gorgeous too. And now I do forget a whole lot of interesting things you made. Please continue! You even might inspire me to make even more farms.

Frank

fantozzi

Quote from: FrankU on May 06, 2017, 07:39:15 AM
You even might inspire me to make even more farms.

Ha! This would be great. Since CAM 2.1 is released - to my knowledge the new CAM stages 8 - 10 aren't well supported yet. There is even a gap in farming we should close. But overall - with growables you never can't have enough variety. They are the surprising part of the game - you zone and have to wait what will show up. So I'll take this as a promise - more surprises.   

FrankU

Yes.... thiose stages....

I decided, mainly because I did not feel like doing my complete set all over again, to continue according to CAM 1 rules: stages 1 - 5 for normal farms and stages 6 and 7 for manors, monuments and other special growables.
I though it would be weird to have other farm types grow after that...

For a new series of farms I would leave the manors, monuments and special lots out: I would make them rewards connected to farmlots. Like I earn a certain manor when I have 5 stage 5 farms in my city, or a 1000 maize farm fields. As examples.
I would make myself a list of stage farms, beginning with stage 1 being a simple field, stage 2 with a small barn or shed, etc.... up to stage 10 probably being a high-tech indoor urban farm, looking like an industrial building. I could use PEG's utopia farm models for perhaps stage 8 or 9 and I remember some cubic Japanese model (no time to look up the name now..) that is used for I-HT stage 9 or 10, that would be good for farm stage 10 too.

evarburg

Just delurking briefly : when, oh when can we expect that stunning new agri stuff from Nexis ? It is sorely needed by those of us of a country bend... :)

mrbisonm

I had some health problems earlier this year, now they're better/ok and improving. Since it is summer now here in Canada, I will be busy enjoying life and the warmer days of our seasons. That is why I have not posted much of advancement on this project. But I come here almost everyday and sometimes even do something with my models here and there on rainy and lonely evenings. I won't tell when exactly it will be ready, not promissing anything, but it will be one day on the "market", and this is a promiss. As soon as I will have done some important finishings, it will be advertised right here. ;) So, continue to keep an eye on this thread.....Thanks for the patience.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Terring7

Being free of health issues and enjoying your life is more important. Take your time and have fun. We'll be here, waiting with patience for your gifts :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

mattb325

Health 1st, friends, family and loved ones 2nd, RL 3rd, many other things 4th, 5th, 6th and so on....SC4 pixels somewhere way, way, way, way down the list after that.
Make sure you look after yourself  ;)

mrbisonm

thanks Terring7 and Matt.....SC4 is 5th now    ;)

Fred

gn_leugim

Best whishes Fred, hope all good with you!  :)

mrbisonm

Need Help:

under construction

I am finishing the last silo (a smaller Mixing Station), and I have these little white x's on my ladders (on the silo itself) that somewhat bother me a lot when working on the model. I cannot remember what to do to get rid of them (so many things I have forgotten in gmax) Does anyone know? Please......

Thanks....

Fred

FrankU

As yuo know I can't help you on that, but I am happy to see that your health has returned, at least in so far that you are working on the silo's again. Welcome back!  :thumbsup:

Silur

mrbisonm

Hey Frank, still aorund? I thought by now you were gone and sept over to something else. Sorry for all this , time isn't my strong, it flies by so fast, especially when one is not so strong and has a lot of health problems. But.....I am feeling a lot better since this spring. Just took the whole summer to relax and enjoy my surroundings and family.
So, here I am again, although I never really left and I also never stopped BATting, just at a lower speed and with a bit less time.

I will give a full report of what I have been doing lately in the following days, maybe a week or so.

Everyone els: I am still looking for a solution for those little x's that appear on my ladders on the last picture please (still haven't found the problem) Not that it stops me from continuing the BAT, but somewhat bothering me a bit.

Silur, I was always here, just behind that curtain on your left. ;)

Fred

Jack_wilds

Taking a crack at the issue... but I do not know the software at all... so  %confuso

those cross-hatches, or plus, or cross appear to be construction aids... are those hatches on different level, do they show up in your ladder construction files, or the silo constitutions files... are the construction aids on a different layer...  is there something somewhere that can be checked off that is not...  do they only appear when assembling the parts... if those cross hatches are only on there with the ladders, then its got to do with the ladders... I think its in the ladder construction files... do those cross hatches show up with other parts and assemblies......

just a few thoughts... may or may not be of aid  ???   %confuso

good luck... glad you are back at it and I do hope that this farm project does reach some sort of conclusion after such a long wok period...

mrbisonm

Thanks Jack_wilds, but I checked all that I remembered and what you mentioned. I remeber though that these little x's can be somehow deleted by hitting a key or a combination of keys........which ones though?
I don't know what they actually are or good or used for, maybe a construction aid. They are on the latter Groups only and because the ladders are copies from the first one, they all have the x's..... &mmm

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred,

I have not been away, although I have been silent. I haven't played very much and indeed there is some kind of fatigue.
I put my time into my new business, bicycling and genereally educating my children... time consuming really.

But I am eager to start lotting and finishing my Dutch farms Project when your BATs arrive! So go ahead, take your time... I am ready.

Greetings,
Frank

Simmer2

Hi Fred and welcome back.

I use Gmax for all my BATtings but never encountered this issue. They definitively look like construction aid crosshairs.
However I would be willing to look into it if you wish.
Save the ladder as a separate piece and send me a copy. I will play around with it to see if I can resolve it for you.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

carlfatal

To be honest, I have no clue about these x´es but I am happy to see you healthy and back!  :)

Jack_wilds