• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: Simmer2 on September 20, 2017, 09:51:17 AM
I will play around with it to see if I can resolve it for you.

Thanks for the offer Nick, I would really enjoy if you can find the key to close the  little x's. Here is the file:
http://www94.zippyshare.com/v/LT1NclHt/file.html
Click on the big orange " Download now" on the right only. I remember clearly that it is a key or a combination of keys (more probable) that opens and closes this, nothing on the iconsboard.

Quote from: carlfatal on September 20, 2017, 03:31:53 PM
To be honest, I have no clue about these x´es but I am happy to see you healthy and back!  :)

Thanks....;)

Thanks Jack_wilds, but I went thru it before posting here. ;)

Ok, Frank, I can just imagine how you feel......lol. Hang in there, things will soon be coming to your e-mail, one after the other.
I finished the silosets today, no sorry, late last night, have chosen the best to include in the MFP1 today (unbelievable, I had 129 models in all, but there will be only 24 or so for the set at this time) and check it over again in the next days to see if I have chosen the right ones and then will sleep over it before the final decision and pack it into a datfile. Now I have two or three sheds to finish and render and then the same........and so on.    :popcorn:
After......I will need to sit down and get drunk......lol. Oh, I forgot, I don't drink. ;)

Fred
I was wondering, are all the others already ready in a datfile? Do you have them ? (can't remember if I did)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simmer2

Hi Fred.

I looked over the file and found something odd. I see that you use the loft method of component creation, I prefer starting with a primitive and then add modifiers, but that's me  :)
Anyways, it looks like some of the cylinders were created with holes at the cap ends thus the crosshairs showing at the center of the caps.

This is what I did to fix the issue.
Select the ladder, on the top tool bar click on the Modifiers tab, scroll to Mesh Editing which will open up a side menu, click Cap Holes and voila' problem solved.

I hope it works for you.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Quote from: Simmer2 on September 20, 2017, 08:05:25 PM
Hi Fred.

I looked over the file and found something odd. I see that you use the loft method of component creation

What do you mean by odd?.....lol. I know, I can't remember why (because the ladders I created 10 or more years ago and I reuse them all the time) but I did something that I had no other way to fix. Anyway, I tried the "capholes" and it worked just fine. Thanks a lot, Nick, much appreciated. I am still convinced though that there was a combination of keys to make it appear and dissappear......If I ever remember, I'll let you know. ;)

Fred

Simmer2

I'm glad I was able to resolve it for you  :thumbsup:

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Later this week, or maybe next weekend I will show 4 pics each (like the preview below) and explain all the silos in the siloset, which is finished and ready to be packed.

Fred

.......Part of the siloset.

Edit: I know that there's a architectural error, but hey, this is Simcity4, you won't see much of it ingame. ;)

carlfatal

I really can´t see the error...  $%Grinno$%

But the silos look really nice, rusty and used.  &apls

Simmer2

FrankU

Good work, Fred!
Keep it up!

mrbisonm

Wow, what a summer (fall) Today was the first rainy day since mid-August. We had a few rainshowers in between (very little) but since last night, it rains without interruption. Finally, That will up my lakes and bring back the green lush in the pastures and fields just before the snow will cover it in 3 or 4 weeks.
So, I had the time to some work.
I present you the finished Set number 3 of the MFP1. The Siloset.
It is a lot of work to take the preview pics, organize them, name them, upload the pics to a site and then here. We will do this day by day until the set is all presented, just l;ike the two previous sets, Farmbuildings Set 1 and the Manure set 2.

The Siloset is kinda....well ....huge.....lol. I don't know exactly how many models, but there is an undescribable diversity of them. Grainsilos small and large, Mixingstations, Groundsilo Grainboxes, Dryers of Corn, grain etc, groundsilos for silage, Vertical silos, Horizontal silos, Open and Closed silos, Indoor silos....and so on......... and on. All these in different Styles (textures and details etc) Oh my.....I am glad I finished it before I freaked out and thought of new models......The final count will be during showing the previews, that I will decide which I keep. ;)

Here's the first batch of some Grainsilos and silage silos. All models are numbered for reference, from 01 to 274, some numbers will be missing during the show-off, because some will not be chosen for upload at this moment.

Enjoy.
Fred

Jack_wilds

astounding astonishing

:thumbsup:

:popcorn:

sweet corn season here in WI... rains making an appearance here to as Sept was weak on that point...
thanks for showing

FrankU

Beautiful Fred!
I am glad the end is near.

kelis

Fantastic progress here, Can't wait to use all this stuff  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

mrbisonm

Thanks Folks.

So, here is another batch of pictures showing the Third Set's models (Siloset).
There's still a lot silos to come, some amazing ones too. ;) After this I will immediatly start showing the Shed (Set4) series, which also is ready, another big set.
Frank will have to wait a little to receive the siloset, I just wanna make sure that I have chosen the right ones.
All comments and ideas are welcome, good or bad, in both ways I will only learn. ;)
Be patient, all this is a lot of work for me, taking me 2 to 4 hrs everyday creating the previews, identifying them, classing them, uploading the pics to an image site then to SC4D etc.....thanks

Enjoy these now.....

Fred

gn_leugim

Great job Fred!! and welcome btw!  :thumbsup:

I like what I see. but not all, here come some criticism.

on the first double ground silo, you apply a texture of a surface with some tires to the cover of the silo. to be honest, the end result is bad. you managed to do a way better job on the triple set and in the single silo, where you modelled the tires in 3dmesh and apply its own textures and left the cover bellow with its own texture. so much better!!!

Not only does it not look realistic (tires as tall as 1mm, now that's what I call a flat tire  :laugh:) the warping of the map on the mesh in some places looks really bad. I would remodel the whole silo in the same fashion of the other silo aforementioned.

I would also change the concrete texture. that texture, IIRC, is from canals or other watery places, where moss and algae grows on the walls, with a gradient to it, lets put it that way. you apply that same texture (a vertical one) horizontally. Also, is it supposed to grow moss and algae inside the silo? I don't think so ;)

Doind a quick search for better alternatives (in my opinion, ofc) "$Deal"$
https://www.textures.com/download/concretefloors0057/41357
https://www.textures.com/download/concretefloors0053/41114
https://www.textures.com/download/concretefloors0009/31774
https://www.textures.com/download/bunkerleaking0068/49552
https://www.textures.com/download/bunkerleaking0036/8914

in these links you can find some textures you can play arround. don't apply them as it is, tweak them, cut them, shape them for better use ;) some are clearly meant for walls, others for floors, some go both ways ;)

Any issue I can help, just ask ;)

mrbisonm

gn_leugim, excellent remarks, I really know about that "cheap" tire/plastic texture on drive-in silo model 95, that one is 6 years old....Since I started doing modeling for the Farming Simulator, I have changed a lot of "ways" to texture and also my tex bank is more complete today.
The reason why I still have this model like this, is simply that I want to finish the MFP1 as soon as possible. If I start texturing too many models around again, it will take more time, maybe months or even years....so I will take the chance with most models I did years ago. Bu you will probably see a big difference between the last models (see the Grain mixing station above) and the ones done lately coming up soon.

I have taken note of this model 95 and put it on my list to rework a little and see if I can do it with respecting my upload date. ;) Thanks for this instructive comment and I totally agree with you that it looks kinda "weird" now.
I also had a look at your tex links, I know that site and I am a premium member too, but since I have my own silo on the farm, the textures you have pinned out aren't really like the real ones that I am looking for and the only ones I could find are the "seawall" textures that really had the darker green patches of moss and mushrooms growing on the walls that i wanted. But.....I can maybe use one of your tex's  for an empy dried out silo. Maybe another model that I started earlier this year. I will take picture of my ground silos (once they're empty) next spring, dry and wet and see if I can use these textures for my next models.
Thanks for all your usefull info that will surely be used in my newer versions of BATting.

Meanwhile I want to finish all this MFP1 sets before christmas, and this is coming faster than I can handle for the moment. I know I cannot upload all the models I have done in the last 8 years, but I still have to choose from more than 1500 farmmodels, and this in a short time, meaning not all my uploads will be of my best quality.....It will up to the lotmaker to decide which ones to use and which to leave behind. ;)

I'll be back soon. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Only had about 2 hrs of free time tonight and besides, I am very tired, had a long day.

Here are some more silo models of the Third Set, all groundsilos.
Still to come: Steel Silos, more Groundsilos, Interior silos, Roofed silos, Mixing Stations, small feed and fertilizer silos....etc......Discouraged yet? Don't be, you will when I start showing the Shed, machinery and implement models.....lol ;)

Fred

gn_leugim

QuoteMaybe another model that I started earlier this year. I will take picture of my ground silos (once they're empty) next spring, dry and wet and see if I can use these textures for my next models.
Thanks for all your usefull info that will surely be used in my newer versions of BATting.

that is a wonderful idea! :)

Regarding this last preview, I would only change 3 things ;)

-the grass is a bit too bright and oversaturated.

- on the third set, the side walls texture seem a bit overstretched on the long side. some tweaking in the UVW maps could solve it ;)

- the silo's cover texture... meh, I don't like that much :\ but at a glance I can't find anything better.

Keep up the good work! ;)

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on October 12, 2017, 05:37:32 AM
-the grass is a bit too bright and oversaturated.

Have ever seen fresh chaff before?..... This is supposed to be fresh corn chaff, and not grass and the colour is like this irl. Grass is a little darker or more of a "greenish" green. (see the pics below) I used it in the FS 2013, si if it is good enough for the FS, it surely must be good for SC4, right? I can imagine you find this a little saturated, but that is how it is. Maybe I should mention, (in case you don't know yet) that I own, work and live on a farm since 1972 and have been farming ever since, although I don't work that much on it and hire people for this, I have a lot of possibility to experience and see what farming is all about and see/feel/smell how it works and looksl.  ;)

For the model 84, you're right on the picture, but believe me, you won't be able to see the tex stretch on the walls in game that much. I did this one for the Farming Simulator and it came out quite well even in closeup. It will stay like this since I don't have the time to go into more detailing now, besides this SC4 and not FS 2017. ;)
The silage cover on model 88 is polythene, again you made a good point, it is used in black as in this model, but also exists in white, green and blue, and it's the best I could do/find at the time.
Thanks

Fred

Fresh cut corn Chaff (silage).....

....after several months of aging.....

...and this is fresh grass chaff...

EDIT: gn_leugim, Since you mentioned the "vif" chaff texture on model 86, it "bothered" me a bit and I decided to study the texture more by reducing the saturation and playing around with brightness, contrast etc. I came up with this below and applied it to the model 86 and also model 83, but I kept the brightness of the fresh cut cornchaff  as I see it on the model 84. ;)

gn_leugim

Yes Fred, I have seen Chaff (I had no idea of the name, hence me saying grass). and smelled it too  :-[ :D

I do not own a farm, but I used to work with my dad, who was a door by door seller, and we had a lot of farmer as costumers. And at least at this part of Portugal, most people use the farm fields to plant maize and then shred it into chaff, or "silagem" as we call it, to feed the stocks. never understood why don't they pick the corn first and do this after. maybe you can shed some light on it for me!  ::) ;)

As for the correction you made, just perfect!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: that's what I meant, now looks gorgeous! :)

lets wait and see more results from your work! keep them coming! ;)

FrankU

Great work Fred!
Show them to us.