• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Props not showing...NOT a DEP. problem!!

Started by Fledder200, May 18, 2007, 02:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fledder200

i have the strangest thing going on in my city.
all the things that i builded (and rebuilded yesterday) are prop less!!!

it seems like SC doesn't load the props...the buildings are showing and when i destroy them and rebuild them the props do show up..but when i save and re-open the city every prop on the recent build things are gone!!!...when i query them it says they are there.

i know this isn't a DEPENCY problem...because when i rebuild them they are showing!!
you still get it?? i have some pics!

you get my problem??
so wen i rebuild them they all show normally...but when i save and quit all is gone again...and i realy don't want to rebuild every newly build over and over again!!
it has nothing to do with a conflict in my plugin...because when i rebuild all is showing well!!
PLEASE help me!!! if you need more info...please say so...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!! :'(

ps: i saw that snorelli had the same problem..but than with the older parts of his city...but this is just build!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Travis

Might be a memory issue. Could you tell us your computer specs please?  :)

Fledder200

ermmm don't know much about that...but that is what i found :)

Windows XP home edition. sp2
HP pavilion

AMD Turion 64mobile
Technology ML 34
speed: 787MHz, 960MB
Realtek AC'97 audio

harddisk: 180GB, 150free,30,3 used

need more...if yes...where can i find what? :)

snorrelli

I often have this same problem. Check out the link in my signature - I started a thread about it to see if anyone knew what to do or at least find out if I'm the only one who ever has this. While I'm sorry for you, I am a little relieved to hear it's not just me... ;)

Unfortunately, as you can see in that thread, many people have offered ideas but nobody really has an answer. I have never found anything to correct this either - the only answer is to rebuild or to keep backup copies of the city save file and overwrite the city when this happens.

That said, I really hope someone can help you here. I'd like to know too! If the missing props can't be restored, I'd at least like to know how to prevent it happening in the future...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Fledder200

you still have the problem?? i mean...it still doesn't show the porps? even on the newly build parts??

**edit**

i just find out that something is killing all the SC4 props aswel...parks and plaza's don't show up anymore ( well the base is but not the props)

Travis

Thanks for the info, doesn't look like a memory issue at all. Yours and snorrelli's problems don't occur exactly the same way,
but are most likely the the same issue. Two more final Q's, do you have a very large plugins folder, and how much of that city
tile is developed? I wouldn't know the solution to fixing it, but we could at least identify it as the same problem snorrelli has.

Fledder200

plugin #1 (the one on the C disk) is 116 MB <------(122.525.662 bytes) over 299 files
plugin #2 (the one under my documents) 1,26 GB  <----------(1.361.354.800 bytes) 331 files ( with a few Datpacked files)

about 75% is devolped on a LARGE city tile.

**EDIT**

i removed some stuff that i recently downloaded (till about 4 days back) demod again..ploped again and saved again...but tis time it showed up normal when i reopend Liaane...guess it was a bad down load...but i'm not entirely sure...but i have to go to bed now because i have to go to work)...but i'll keep you guys informed about further devolpments!!! i hope the bug is gone now!!!!!!!

Travis

Glad to hear it looks like you sorted it out.  :thumbsup:. By the way, any clue which one of the buildings you downloaded caused the problem?

Fledder200

well i'm awake and back from work!!
i'm going to rebuil every thing in a sec...so lets hope and see!!

i did some graphic canges aswel...maybe that did help a bit...the files that i removed from my plug in were:

*Cornor bank by Don Miguel (STEX dwnload)
*Vanderaap - De Cleyne Coenekoop (SC homepage download)
*Vanderaap - ART park - Het Aardappelschilmeisje (SC homepage download)
*SFBT Hamburg Gneisenaustrasse ( LEX download)

well...i'm going to rebuild right now and let you all know if it worked!!

**EDIT**
well it all works fine now...it save normaly now...but the only thing i have now is....this!
my poor GLR tram:(

does anyone know howe to...well ermmm...get it normal again :)

snorrelli

You need to set your color quality back to 32-bit.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Swamper77

Quote from: Fledder200 on May 19, 2007, 12:53:49 PM
Well it all works fine now...it save normaly now...but the only thing i have now is....this!
my poor GLR tram:(

does anyone know how to...well ermmm...get it normal again :)

You need to set your game to Hardware Rendering. The tram mod you are using has 512x512 FSH images that are applied to the models. 512x512 images will only display correctly if you are in Hardware Rendering.

The largest size of FSH image that Maxis used on their automata is 256x256, which displays properly in both Software and Hardware Rendering modes.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Fledder200

oke thank you!!!
if this works...all is normal again!!

thanx for all the help people!!  &apls