• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Graphic Rules.sgr cannot load

Started by M4346, May 16, 2007, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Good evening (it is that at least over here),

I know I've been a bit absent from this community for the last week or so, but it's because I got a new notebook and didn't have the means to access the web for a while.

Anyway, I installed SC4 + Rush Hour EP today, but it looks really bad, uhm, graphics-wise.

I get this "Warning" when I load the game:

QuoteThe configuration file (Graphics Rules.sgr) cannot be parsed. Using built-in rules.

This has never happened to me before, and I don't understand it.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

wouanagaine

Hopefully someone will attached his file

I'm not on my sc4 computer so I can't.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

M4346

Thanks for the response. :)

Just to illustrate what I'm faced with, take a look at this:

Image 1

You'll note this weird "My Sim" menu appearing on a pre- or unincorporated city. And the graphics look much worse than they appear on the image!

*sigh*

I didn't want to get Vista because I was afraid of compatibility issues, but now I have this problem with XP!?
New Horizons Productions

kokkojambo

Hey.
I faced the same graphics rules error a while ago. The problem was that i bought the original SC4 in the USA, and Rush Hour here in europe. The two didn't mix very well it seemed, but i solved it by first installing SC4 and patching it with the latest update for the USA version, and then I installed RH and patched that with the latest RH european update followed by SC4BAT and so on. Worked like a charm! :thumbsup:
So check your versions of the game and apply the patches in this order.
Hope this helps. :)

M4346

Yes, thanks very much! I actually sorted it out since. I had exactly the same problem as you, only you just articulated it as such and I accordingly realised it was the problem.

I also have the original SC4 from the US, and then Rush Hour from Europe, but patching seemed to have solved the problem!

Thanks!  :thumbsup:

-M-
New Horizons Productions