• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Logout is where?

Started by Sunshawk, May 30, 2007, 05:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshawk

Been wondering some time now about this. Where do we "Logout of the exchange". Or do we ?

After I visit the Exchange, I've been closing that window, log into the forums, browse at the new posts and then logging out. It seems like the correct way, but it just don't seem right. Is there a logout? 
I Hear... and Forget.   I See... and Remember.   I Do... and Understand.   Confucious (551-479 BC) Thinkaboutit...

Sunshawk

Thank you She Who Will Not Be Named, I was wondering if I was all Alone in here.

Along with the cookies and such, I would think that we would be open to a spy/hacker. We can Login but can't Logout. ()what()

Thanks for looking....
I Hear... and Forget.   I See... and Remember.   I Do... and Understand.   Confucious (551-479 BC) Thinkaboutit...

Andreas

IIRC, the LEX used to log you out automatically whenever you closed your browser window, but I think that has been changed some time ago - but apparently, a logout button wasn't introduced at that time. ;)
Andreas

callagrafx

Just another way to help you along in your quest for high quality content  :thumbsup:

@Sunshawk:  Hardly likely, considering the amount of encryption the LEX employs...there is no way for admins (including the software engineers) to see your password..which is why if you lose it we have to re-set it.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Sunshawk

I feel safe with the Admins, SC4, and such, you people are the best bunch of kids I have ever typed with,  it's the people out there who have time to skeem up ideas, and wreck havoc to whomever has no decent firewall, antivirus. Some people are really inventive when it comes to stuff like that.  I run a cheap program that gets me by, and so far has been pretty reliable.

Is there a reason why there is no logout?
It's not right to leave a open windows session open! Even if the window/browser is closed! I'm not a computer geek. I don't want to scare anyone from SC4, or make anybody angry...   But...

Are we safe ?  or is this overreaction?

callagrafx

over-reaction I would say...the LEX has been coded by some pretty clever individuals and employs bloody robust encryption algorithms...the chances of it being hacked are extremely slight, coupled with the hosting package with one of the world's most respected companies who have all sorts of firewall/hack systems protection in place.

Also bear in mind what would be the gain for a hacker to break in? There is no financial data to glean and the membership is too small for them to even bother with an email scam.

If you are worried, simply empty the cache and delete the sc4devotion cookie (you don't have to empty them all, just that one) and the session is broken, job done.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Sunshawk

Sounds good. Makes me happy, And Thanks. Get-R-Done.