• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

Finally a chance to sit down and enjoy my cup of tea

Love the picture of the "BLS GA Farm - Honey by MJB", but its that farm on the other side of the road that really gets my attention everything is just right  :thumbsup:

lovely cup of tea thank you  :)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

TheTeaCat

A little Teaser for your enjoyment

A reward I never got before :D :D
More on that later.

Quote from: Schulmanator on March 22, 2009, 05:37:33 PM
A great little rural town. Makes me want some fresh ice cream right from the creamery. Got any? I am hungry!

Thank you Bruce.
Sorry got no ice cream but got lots of Tea if your thirsty :D

Quote from: bat on March 23, 2009, 06:55:42 AM
Nice pictures of your rural part of your region there! Congrats on over 25000 views!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls

Cheers Bat, Its always great to see you :thumbsup:

Quote from: Battlecat on March 23, 2009, 08:45:17 AM
Yup, that's the one I was looking at!  Thanks very much! 
It's great to see more of your rural area there, I like the winding roads! 

No worries mate $%Grinno$% Glad you like what you see, plenty more of those windy roads to come too
especially as we get up into the hills ::) :D

Quote from: Jmouse on March 23, 2009, 04:53:37 PM
Shacklesford is the kind of little town on a riverbank I dream of creating someday, and wouldn't mind living there. Your farms are beautifully restful as always, especially the one on the right side of the second photo. Your choice of BATs continues to amaze - you have a comfortable variety, but all of them fit well together. So often I see the opposite - quantity without harmony. The pastures are well done, too - a bit different but still a fitting part of the overall scene.

Later...
Joan

Thank you Joan.
Your eloquence makes your compliments sound so great, it's always a pleasure to read them and they make me go  ()stsfd()
I'll often demolish a building that's grown if it doesn't sit right in the surroundings. there has to be some sort of symmetry to the locality that's been developed and there is lots of times the 'dozer comes out to play. ::)

Quote from: Simpson on March 25, 2009, 10:03:56 AM
Hi Derry !
This update is looking amazing  :thumbsup: Those farms are incredible.
The general picture is superb too  :o Fantastic work my friend !
I'm looking forward to the next update,

Take care,

David

Merci David
Its always a pleasure to have you comment. the tile is nearly finished but there is still a bit to go
so lots of little details to fill in. More pics for your delight very soon :D

Quote from: art128 on March 25, 2009, 02:02:30 PM
fantastic rural area as always Derry !  &apls
i like that little village and the farms landscapes, very realistic but I think you know that !  $%Grinno$%
I'm always impressed by your building style my friend. Habitually, I don't like making (and seeing) little farms like that, but you done these farms in a  way that I love it !
I just can reproach the waterfront, i think you should rework it with more details like dead woods, little rocks... You've always done it like that, I think you have planed to make it later !  :P
Take Care,
Can't wait the next update,
Arthur. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Arthur :thumbsup:
There is something I really like about doing the rural areas of a region and it seems that a lot of my readers do too :D :D
Don't worry about the river, I've found the game starts to lag too much when I place the details too soon so this time I was planning to do them at the end.
So you were right in your guess &apls

Quote from: Ennedi on March 26, 2009, 04:25:44 PM
Beautiful shots Derry! :thumbsup:

That one with the Honey farm and the next one with sheep  ;) are my favourite.
I have always a great pleasure visiting your MD, your pictures cause a feeling of a nice relaxing time in the rural retreat  :) I would like to make a long walk across this area and then to sit at the fireplace with a fresh cuppa  ;)

Adam

Adam thanks your your kind words :thumbsup:
As the region is still going through its rebirth it means there'll be lots more rural areas to develop so I think I shall have to incorporate
some walking trails with some suitable tearooms along the way. As for that walk I think I'll join you  :D :D

Quote from: sebes on March 29, 2009, 09:35:31 AM
hi Derry... it has been a long time ago since I was lurking here.... but time to leave a comment again. You still amaze me what you get done in your regions. The ATEX is just proving that your nor only a star in building excellent rural communities, but also know your way around with mass transits  &apls

Sebes
How wonderful to see you again :thumbsup: I'm glad that I still can amaze you, I just try to find stuff that other don't use and when I saw the ATEX I just knew it would be a talking point, if I could find a way to utilise it in a suitable location. As for mass transit lets see if I modded the lots properly and that the system can cope in the future - only time will tell :D :D

Quote from: dedgren on March 31, 2009, 12:35:06 PM
That's the best thought out use of Chris's (chrisadams3997) farm tracks I've seen yet.  Always amazing stuff, Derry!
David

Thank you David.
Praise from you is Praise indeed considering all that you have done to change this game we all love so much.
&idea Now if we could only have his farm tracks as part of the SAM ( a bit like what was achieved with STR)

Quote from: JBSimio on March 31, 2009, 01:18:31 PM
"Mini" or otherwise, it's always great to have an update here for Tea Time, Derry!   :thumbsup:

Your farms always impress me.  If I ever start getting into fine detailing, I definitely know to look here for ideas.  You have a great knack for taking rural farming areas to that next level.   &apls

Hope to see you soon,
JB

Jon
great to see you enjoyed the mini update :thumbsup: I just enjoy doing rural areas more and more and have often used Covington as a source of inspiration at times especially your region views :D. I've spent lots of time in the country and just try to recreate what I see.

Quote from: catty on April 01, 2009, 11:03:40 AM
Finally a chance to sit down and enjoy my cup of tea

Love the picture of the "BLS GA Farm - Honey by MJB", but its that farm on the other side of the road that really gets my attention everything is just right  :thumbsup:

lovely cup of tea thank you  :)

Thank you Catty.
The Honey farm just happened to grow in that location and as it fitted in so well it got historical status  pretty quick::)
As for the farm across the road, that's one of my own creations and will get some close ups for you fairly soon. in the meantime I hope the following pics will keep you satisfied  ;D ;D

Now for the

In the last update I said this was the area I would probably be working on

and boy was I glad I did. As you can see in the above pic the farm in the top right has gone to be replaced by something a lot nicer.

For the first time ever I got the Cromwell Mansion  :thumbsup:
And here it is in all its glory ;D (expensive but worth it :thumbsup:)

And now a few random shots  ;)

That's all for now, but I hope your enjoyed your stay :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
PS Who will be the first to spot the HD texture in use?

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

I'm not sure, but the stone wall on the third big picture looks suspiciously  ;)

Beautiful Pictures Derry!  :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

tooheys

Wow, I thought I had most of the CSX lots, but that one seems to be missing. It's amazing sometimes what rewards pop up when you least expect them. Especially when your plug-ins are as disorganised as mine  $%Grinno$%

Derry, the last couple of updates show some great rural development, a very nice mix of lots  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Schulmanator

Great rural areas! I have downloaded the Cromwell mansion myself but have yet to ever see it in game.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

mightygoose

very well done derry, beautifully executed work, and she does look lovely, i think the darker grey just fits that little bit better...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bob56

wow, my HD guess would be the SAM intersection (asphalt and gravel...) Very nice update. In my opinion, the grid-like SAM still burns, though. (pic. 1)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Jmouse

One of these days, I'll have the luxury of time to open LE and create some farms. When that time comes, I'm certain your beautiful examples will be on my mind! "Hmmm, a street here? No, Derry would lay a dirt path and run a fence along side of it. Then..." :)

The Cromwell Mansion was well worth the wait - and cost. It looks great in the surroundings you've provided. I guess the thing about your work that impresses me the most, however, is the thought which obviously goes into the finished product. It all makes perfect sense. By that I mean it's almost as though you've walked or driven along each road, street, path and trail yourself. Somehow you know exactly where the fences, gates and trails need to be, and you seem able to add details with amazing results. Oh that the lesser talented among us could be so intuitive!

Always looking forward to more...
Joan

Simpson

Hi !!  ::)

I really love the Part B of this update  &apls Those fields are simply incrediblde :o, as well !!  :o
The overview is looking good too, the effects in the pictures are very nice  ;) But your sidewalk mod has a strange texture ?!
I'm looking forward to the next update  :)

Take care Derry,

David

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Really nice rural community there! Nice work on the second part! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's very very beautiful, you realize your countrie with attention, and your work is excellent &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

TheTeaCat

Right last time I asked if anyone noticed the new HD texture I was using and a couple of you dear folks spotted it :thumbsup:
Let me remind you a bit

In fact if you want a copy of you own just go here linkie. I've been using this now since I got it
and it doesn't seem to have any notable effect on the gameplay. It looks really good zoomed in too.
So many thanks to its creator MightyGoose &apls &apls
So no doubt we'll be seeing more of this  ::)  :D :D

Quote from: Ennedi on April 06, 2009, 12:43:10 AM
I'm not sure, but the stone wall on the third big picture looks suspiciously  ;)
Beautiful Pictures Derry!  :thumbsup:
Adam

Thanks Adam.
Just a little hint of PS on the pics does wonders, glad you like them :thumbsup:
Actually no  $%Grinno$%  the stone walls are maxis props stacked  :D :D
and you can get them here

Quote from: tooheys on April 06, 2009, 03:22:54 AM
Wow, I thought I had most of the CSX lots, but that one seems to be missing. It's amazing sometimes what rewards pop up when you least expect them. Especially when your plug-ins are as disorganised as mine  $%Grinno$%
Derry, the last couple of updates show some great rural development, a very nice mix of lots  :thumbsup:
Cheers
Dave

Cheers Dave :thumbsup:
I have had that lot for years now and its the first time I ever got it, so I was a bit chuffed.
I'm glad that I'm not the only person with a disorganised plugin folder $%Grinno$% really I mean folders ::)
The number of times I've said "Now where did I put thatfile again ::)"
Happy to know that you like the rural areas also ;)

Quote from: Schulmanator on April 06, 2009, 05:43:41 AM
Great rural areas! I have downloaded the Cromwell mansion myself but have yet to ever see it in game.  :satisfied:

Thanks Bruce
As i said to Dave I've had it for years but it's a bit of a lurker. So happy to finally earn it too.
Who knows you may get to see it too soon  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mightygoose on April 06, 2009, 04:54:16 PM
very well done Derry, beautifully executed work, and she does look lovely, I think the darker grey just fits that little bit better...

Thanks MG
I do too. Now IF you hadn't noticed I would have been a bit worried :D :D
I really like the way if fits so well especially with the Euro texture for the roads etc. It looks real good in towns :thumbsup:
And no,still  no noticeable difference in how the game behaves either.  Nice job mate. :thumbsup:

Quote from: bob56 on April 06, 2009, 05:48:05 PM
wow, my HD guess would be the SAM intersection (asphalt and gravel...) Very nice update. In my opinion, the grid-like SAM still burns, though. (pic. 1)

Hi there Bob
Yes your guess would be correct. Glad you like the update, yeah I agree it's still a bit griddy but while we are starting to break the games limitations, with some clever thought and positioning of lots etc its lot better than what Maxis gave us in the first place. I still have lots to do in that tile so lets see what happens eh?

Quote from: Jmouse on April 06, 2009, 09:06:54 PM
One of these days, I'll have the luxury of time to open LE and create some farms. When that time comes, I'm certain your beautiful examples will be on my mind! "Hmmm, a street here? No, Derry would lay a dirt path and run a fence along side of it. Then..." :)

The Cromwell Mansion was well worth the wait - and cost. It looks great in the surroundings you've provided. I guess the thing about your work that impresses me the most, however, is the thought which obviously goes into the finished product. It all makes perfect sense. By that I mean it's almost as though you've walked or driven along each road, street, path and trail yourself. Somehow you know exactly where the fences, gates and trails need to be, and you seem able to add details with amazing results. Oh that the lesser talented among us could be so intuitive!

Always looking forward to more...
Joan

Thanks you Joan
It gives me great pleasure to know that I can be a source of inspiration for you when you get to doing your rural areas ;D
Actually if you had said, ridden by bicycle you'd probably be more accurate. Maybe its because I've spent so much time out in the countryside that its left an indelible impression in me ( that dent in my head is from when I crashed into a tree )::) ::)
As for adding details,I just click merrily away with the mouse till I go "*&^% too much and  :angrymore: I forgot to save also. Oh well that's 45mins of work down the drain." Then its either "Hmmm it doesn't look too bad really $%Grinno$%" or "time to stick kettle on, brew a cuppa and do it again" :D :D

Btw there's always more and soon you shall have some :thumbsup:

Quote from: Simpson on April 07, 2009, 09:03:30 AM
Hi !!  ::)
I really love the Part B of this update  &apls Those fields are simply incredible :o, as well !!  :o
The overview is looking good too, the effects in the pictures are very nice  ;) But your sidewalk mod has a strange texture ?!
I'm looking forward to the next update  :)
Take care Derry,
David

Merci David
I glad you like the update mon ami,
I spent a whole evening just on this little area alone but the overall effect was worth it I think ;D
You noticed too - well done :thumbsup:

Quote from: bat on April 08, 2009, 04:52:41 AM
Really nice rural community there! Nice work on the second part! :thumbsup:

Thanks Bat &apls.
Still a little more to do to finish off the tile so there will be a part c. Stay tuned ;D

Quote from: Sciurus on April 11, 2009, 05:15:13 AM
It's very very beautiful, you realize your country with attention, and your work is excellent &apls

Merci Guillaume,
I am very happy that you like what I do. Its always a pleasure to welcome you here :thumbsup:

Now then I have some pics for you from the next tile I ventured into.
Just a few to whet the appetite and make you come back for more :D :D

Closer views of these areas to follow soon :thumbsup:

That's all for now but will be back soon.

:satisfied:
TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

bat

Looking forward to more of that new tile there! Nice pictures of it, TTC! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's excellent, I want more, more and more!! :D
One question: how can you have downloaded fields? Are there plop or grow? Please answer me for one time, it's so long I wait an answer! ::)
And, merci de me répondre en français, it's a pleasure for me too (it's easyer to read :D)

L'atelier d'architecture

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Sciurus on April 14, 2009, 02:43:16 AM
It's excellent, I want more, more and more!! :D
One question: how can you have downloaded fields? Are there plop or grow? Please answer me for one time, it's so long I wait an answer! ::)
And, merci de me répondre en français, it's a pleasure for me too (it's easier to read :D)

Mes excuses Guillaume pour ne pas répondre à votre question.
Elles sont toutes des champs growable de ferme qui viennent avec les fermes elles-mêmes.(done with a translator ;D)

My apologies Guillaume for not answering your question.
They are all growable farm fields that come with the farms themselves.

regards
Derry

Jmouse

Interesting twist on those photos, Derry. And a very interesting quad you're working on. I shall expect a detailed personal tour ASAP! :)

Later...
Joan

Simpson

Thoses pictures are looking superb my friend, excellent work on them.
My preferate pictures are the first and the third one.
I'm looking forward to the next update  :thumbsup:

Take care Derry,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Sciurus

Quote from: TheTeaCat on April 14, 2009, 03:21:26 PM
Mes excuses Guillaume pour ne pas répondre à votre question.
Elles sont toutes des champs growable de ferme qui viennent avec les fermes elles-mêmes.(done with a translator ;D)

My apologies Guillaume for not answering your question.
They are all growable farm fields that come with the farms themselves.

regards
Derry

Ok thanks, but where did you downloaded those please, because I search it for a long time, and I don't find, it irritates me!! >:(

For the translating
Mes excuses Guillaume pour ne pas répondre à votre question. > Right :thumbsup:
Elles sont toutes des champs growable de ferme qui viennent avec les fermes elles-mêmes. > Not right ::)
Little lesson of french : Ce sont tous des champs growables (we cannot translate this in french) qui viennent de fermes téléchargées ;)

And of course, if you've any problems with the very complicates french language, don't hesitate to contact me by MP or MSN ;)

L'atelier d'architecture

mightygoose

lovely teaser, ill eagerly await the follow up
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

CommodoreTech

Very high quality countryside!. I love the sheep farm in an older update. You have a great amount of skill of putting just the right amount of things to give the rural areas that special look.
-Ben-