• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmvl

That's awesome, Alex! :thumbsup: It's definitely something that I would use in my region!

just_a_guy

Another very useful puzzle piece. It looks great! But i've thinking, isn't it possible to put guard rails right before the bridge section on those onslope pieces? Just for the sake of realism.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Blue Lightning

Hehe, a little more teaser, no? :P

Mightygoose: Models a letdown? See below.

Allan: see below too :P

Brian: Thanks :)

J-Dub: Well, look below too. :P Also, I am trying to rotate my model right now and RUL a diagonal piece, but that likely won't be for a while.

Pat: Well, its gonna get even more interesting. ;)

grbac: Thanks, diagonals will come soon.

woodb3kmaster: Thats on the list ;)

Anyhoo, teaser time!

First, the model:

Now, some ingame pics:

NOTE: The model is slightly off because of a LOD problem. I am re-rendering as soon as I can

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Vince, awesome work there!  I'm glad to see all the RHW-FLUPs underpass pieces are working there!   :thumbsup:

I just have one suggeston with the model--it's got a little bit of a gap there between the entrance and the ground RHW-4 roadway.  Relatively easy to fix. :)

-Alex

CityPimp13

Haljackey

Looking better and better Vince!  Glad to see its fully functional!

FLUPs FTW!   8)

woodb3kmaster

Looks good, Vince (although I might make the concrete texture a bit darker)! This is just what I need! Thanks also for letting me know about those FLUPs I asked for. Keep up the great work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

j-dub

WC_EEND

looks great, although I'd personally lose the traffic lights
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

Yes, I'm playing around with underpasses right now, so more options are always nice.  Good work, Vince!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

More ramp interface-y goodness.  Textures still need some work--darkening, namely--but the basic concept is in place.

And yes, there's some unusual stuff with the starters here.

-Alex

JoeST

that stuffs droolingly good looking Alex, cant wait for more :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

io_bg

That's great! Ramps of this type are really useful!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

metarvo

This would be quite useful for me, Alex.  I recently ran into a situation where I needed to make a turn with a RHW-10 immediately after an exit.  Since the widest RHW that can go diagonal is RHW-8, I had to transition it to RHW-8 to make the turn, but the transition ate up valuable real estate.  This ramp gets around this limitation, so that's why I think this is a great idea.  Good job!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

nerdly_dood

It looks to me like this will be an excellent new feature to allow for accel/decel lanes for RHW-8 and RHW-6S...  &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Blue Lightning

:o Wow, that is SO gonna be useful! I think this is cool. Oh, having fun with starters i see? :P Hmm, but then how does the 6S inside turn into the inside of a RHW 8 without having a blocker or another starter?

Vince

:thumbsup:
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Thanks, guys--glad to hear you like the new interfaces! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Blue Lightning on April 16, 2009, 02:47:57 PM
Hmm, but then how does the 6S inside turn into the inside of a RHW 8 without having a blocker or anotehr starter?

Good question.  There will be some new override code involved, though it only exists in my head at the moment.

-Alex

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Haljackey

Just what I was looking for.  Nice work, Alex, I love the new ramps!