• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodb3kmaster

Suddenly a hush has fallen on this thread. The team must be hard at work...

BTW: Reply #5000 according to the forum!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

noahclem

Sorry if someone else has already suggested this, but I was wondering if it would be possible to change the appearance of ground highways to better match RHW-4. I like to use highway bridges and tunnels, especially while RHW is still short on orthagonal/diagonal crossings, wide RHW crossings, and bridges but the RHW-4/highway transitions and narrow maxis lanes look all crappy. Given the apparent difficulties with RHW tunnels and wide RHW bridges this seems like it might be the most effective solution from an aesthetic standpoint. Having long, parallel wide RHW suspension bridges seems a little unrealistic looking anyway. Just a thought I'd had for a bit. Thanks to everybody for all your hard work, it is sincerely appreciated!

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: nerdly_dood on April 07, 2009, 02:59:27 PM
It tells me you're number 5,001... :D

Look at the reply count from the NAM forum - it says there are (at the time of this post) 5003 replies. There's some kind of bug affecting reply numbering within long threads...

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Tarkus

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on April 07, 2009, 05:37:35 PM
Look at the reply count from the NAM forum - it says there are (at the time of this post) 5003 replies. There's some kind of bug affecting reply numbering within long threads...

I think that's probably due to the Sticky post.  It kind of causes some variance in the actual post count.

-Alex

Dino007

TIGR

hanzo708

hanzo708

A200

What is so great? O_O it is a picture of an error, Euro RHWs are already released  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

It's an error, occurring when you try to intersect an orthagonal road with a diagonal MIS.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Quote from: A200 on April 08, 2009, 03:15:23 AM
What is so great? O_O it is a picture of an error, Euro RHWs are already released  :thumbsup:
I think he wants to say that the RHW is great.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Korot

Quote from: mrtnrln on April 08, 2009, 04:41:42 AM
It's an error, occurring when you try to intersect an orthagonal road with a diagonal MIS.
Where exactly is the error? Why shouldn't zebra's appear in this case?

remanh

The MIS changes into a road at the intersection.  Without the euro textures this is much more visible.

Korot

It doesn't look like a road to me, only the zebra crossing shouldn't be there, as I just happen to remember that any piece of the RHW isn't pathed for pedestrians.

io_bg

It looks like an avenue piece with a diagonal crossing to me ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

It's basically just some weirdness with the Orthogonal Road/Diagonal MIS T-Intersection.  It is definitely more noticeable with the default North American textures, too--it's kind of one of those "incomplete" features. 

-Alex

fedorr

Quote from: A200 on April 08, 2009, 03:15:23 AM
Euro RHW-textures are released where can I find them? I am a frequent visitor of the forum (at least 3 times a week) but i have not yet seen a new release of Eurotextures for RHW 3.0.

wes.janson

Quote from: fedorr on April 08, 2009, 02:05:16 PM

Euro RHW-textures are released where can I find them? I am a frequent visitor of the forum (at least 3 times a week) but i have not yet seen a new release of Eurotextures for RHW 3.0.

Do a search of the STEX for 'mrtnrln'. I'd give the link, but I can't login to Simtropolis at work.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Blue Lightning

Well, here is the fruit of many hours of modding:
I present to you, RHW4 FLUPs.
All of the current pieces (note, the empty tile between the entrance piece and grass piece is the transparent piece):

They are fully functional too:

And if your wondering "How in the world do I check which direction the RHW is going?", here's your answer:

:D

Vince

NOTE: These models are NOT final, and the textures are only temperary until I find those darkened textures.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project