• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

madhatter106's BATs

Started by madhatter106, October 22, 2010, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhatter106

I was just thinking that I don't have a BAT thread here.  So I figured I should put one up.  Here's the set of liquor stores that I've been working on lately, mostly CS$ and a little CS$$, too.

Ladd Liquor:

Ken's Corner Kegs (new name) and Bernie's 24 Hour Liquor:

Red's Liquor Mart, Vinnie's Vino, and Hal's House of Liquor:

Bottom's Up Liquor and Pink Elephant Liquor:

The Booze Barn:

Cap & Cork Fine Wine and Spirits:

A set of ten, currently being rendered and tested in-game.  Hopefully they'll be in good shape for release soon...
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

XiahouDun

I really like them. Clean, realistic, and nicely textured. Right up my alley  :thumbsup: Rendering in SD, HD, or both?
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Aaron Graham

Great to see you put a thread here, my be one day I will copy you and do the samething. ;D A question, are you going to upload them on the exchange here as well??
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

tag_one

Hmmm more candy from my favorite CS batter, can't wait to try  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Girafe

Indeed good job and good work on textures  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

jmyers2043

I've always liiked your bats. The roof texturs are nicely done. I can't find anythng to quibble about either. Nicely done! These fit right in with my small towns and rural play style.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TiFlo

I really like your work, and especially the care you take in setting the mood of every single one of your buildings. It makes them so much more enjoyable to see them pop up in-game, as one can get some sort of attachment to their identity and history.

I'm glad to see you show up here, and look forward to seeing your next project released.

skitbil

Hey, Hatter. Didn't you say you were going to make some BATs to prevent Wren Insurance for spreading around the city like weeds?

The BAT's look good. I've always loved your BATs.

peter007

Looks great I'll follow your work  ()stsfd()

madhatter106

XiahouDun - thanks, I like my buildings dirty.  Rendering in normal resolution - HD is not worth it for something this small in my opinion, and not worth the extra space they would take up in the plugins folder...

Aaron Graham - I had thought to submit them and start a candidacy, but they're so small and inconsequential, they would probably be a waste of the testers' time. :)  Who knows, maybe in the future?

Buzzit, peter007, and Giraffe - thanks...

tag_one - I'm your favorite CS BATter?  Wow - that's praise from Caesar! ;)  Your stuff is so good; I tried my hand at some industrials a little while back, but they couldn't compare to your stuff!  I'm glad you enjoy these little CS BATs...thanks for stopping by!

jmyers2043 - yet more praise from my BSC idols!  :)  Your stuff is what started me down the road, it was very inspirational.  I'm glad you enjoy these - hope they pop up in your small town soon!  Thanks for posting!

TiFlo - thanks; I try to make each and every BAT a little unique, even if they're going in the same pack.  Each little building has its own character, its own history, and its own "story to tell."  Thanks for the kind words...

skitbil - yeah, I toyed with the idea of doing something to compete with Wren Insurance, but buildings that size just aren't my style; there are so many more (and better) BATters out there who can do skyscrapers and tall office towers much better than I could even dream of doing.  Glad you like my stuff...

I finished the liquor stores; now tackling a little office building run by the Church of Simtology.  Ha! 

Still working out details and textures...seems like texturing is a neverending process...
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

TiFlo

The Church of Simtology.... Brilliant!

Ciuu96

Have they had any problems with SimChan? ;)

Brilliant BATs, have been lurking for few weeks!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Sciurus

I love your BATs &apls But I wondered... what's the texture you use on the ground? Because it interests me a lot... $%Grinno$%

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Aaron Graham

Perfect bat as always madhatter106. &apls &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

rooker1

I missed your thread here some how.  This is really great work. 
I look forward to thier release and using them in my cities.
&apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

madhatter106

TiFlo and Ciuu96 - thanks, I thought it was pretty clever myself, heheh.  I'm sure there are sim members of Anonymous, ready to fight the good fight against them...

Sciurus - the texture on the interior floors is something I found in someone's BAT thread somewhere ages ago - I've just altered the contrast, colors, hue, saturation; it's basically a square of color with random shapes arranged all over in different colors, and each with a drop shadow.  It does the job of creating visual interest and a sense of furniture and items in a room, without having to model all that stuff.  Then with an omni light or two inside, it creates the semblance of rooms with racks of items for sale, chairs, desks, sales counters, etc.

Aaron Graham - thanks!

rooker1 - thanks; the liquor store pack has been modded and tested, and can be found on the STEX if you want to grab all ten of them...

The industrials of jmyers2043 and jestar greatly inspired this next one, though still untextured.  It's the Susquehanna Hat Company at 222 Bagel Street, a 2x2 I-M anchor...

Textures will be the next big hurdle, though I am interested in seeing how it looks when done...

Lowkee33

Great to see you on SC4D and making new buildings!  One of my first downloads was the small commercial set you did.  The promise of seeing less taco stands was enough for me :)

The hat factory will definitely fit in with other custom industrial buildings, especially if it is brick.

Sciurus

Thank you, let's find it now $%Grinno$% Can't you put it there please? &ops
Your latest BAT is excellent &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *