• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

madhatter106's BATs

Started by madhatter106, October 22, 2010, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter007

Wow nice. You're texturing skills are really great  &apls
I want more!  :D

SimNation

Huge fan of your stuff hatter good to see you doing a little venturing into some industrial but I hope you continue strong in commerical  ;D

madhatter106

Here's another for the office mega-pack - Landsburg Media Productions...

And here's Napier & Long, LLC...

I'm finding this pack might be a mix of older office buildings and more "modern" looking ones.  All to dilute the pool that includes Bennett Music and other dreadful Maxis creations...
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

jmyers2043

QuoteBennett Music
Yep, that buildings needs competition.

Catching my eye is the parapet of Napier & Long with that double line. I don't think I've seen that done before. I also like the brown marble or polished granite facade on the Landsburg building. Great roofs on both. Thank you, thank you for these bats.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Aaron Graham

Look great!!! I love that Roof Junk pieces. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Sciurus

Very nice BATs, as always :thumbsup:

Guillaume
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

mrbisonm

I just love office buildings like this, not too tall nor too big, just perfect for my uses. Well chosen roof textures and details. Great job.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

madhatter106

jmyers2043 - yes, indeed Bennett needs all the competition it can get.  The double parapet was the result of a way that I modeled the facades, and it was something that I decided to keep once I had finished; it was sort of a happy accident that I don't mind at all.  As for the roofs, I think I have the most fun doing the roof textures.  Thanks for stopping by and commenting, as always it's a privilege to read your remarks about my stuff... :)

Sciurus and Aaron Graham- thanks!

mrbisonm - thanks, I prefer mid-rises, too - plus my cities never get large enough for high-rise structures in my commercial districts...

Here's another one for the pack - Wallace and Beck...

As I said earlier, Bennett is pretty weedy.  Hence the next three are what I call -

These three are modeled at exactly the same LOD size as Bennett Music, and will be modded and have stats identical or very close to Bennett; this way, the simulator has more to choose from, and hopefully will choose these more often than it chooses Bennett - more to dilute the Maxis pool...from top to bottom, they are Cayce Communications, Berlitz International Travel, and Taylor Consulting Group...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

alj

Hehe, cool label. Great buildings, too.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

cogeo

What can I say? I'm working on a similar project. Take a look at this thread. So I can only... appreciate this.  &apls

We should at least avoid making the same buildings. I will subscibe to your thread, and I would propose that you do the same with mine.

As for the buildings that are the most annoying (growing all over the place), for CO$$ I would add La Vine Management. At first you may think that it doesn't grow as much as Bennett, but it actually does. And to make things worse, it's very "persistent". It may grow in large numbers before being able to get something bigger (eg Leong Accountants), and this is quite expected, as it has the largest number of occupants (jobs) in its growth stage (ehmm, of the lots it can grow in). On the contrary, Bennett may start growing here and there, but it's quite short-lived actually; it's usually soon replaced by La Vine, or a CO$$$ building. Often this takes place in a massive manner, eg two Chalmers' (CO$$$) replace two Bennetts and then some of the remaining Bennetts are upgraded to La Vine, or even Leong, to make up for the "lost" CO$$ capacity (due to the upgrade to CO$$$); so 4-5 Bennetts can go almost simultaneously. Another building to consider is Fennel Corp, a NY midrise, and the only member in its family too. If you want to do some work with residentials too, I have some ideas, but I'm going too far, I'm afraid.

Again, excellebt job!

seraf

Very nice buildings  &apls I don't know why, but they remind me japanese style of buildings from some old animes  ???

Jack_wilds

I like the 'taylor consulting group', now seeing details and colors -not shown at the other thread, like it even better

peter007

Wow. That's great work.
I surely like your CO's

madhatter106

peter007, seraf, sciurus, alj and jack_wilds- thanks.

cogeo - I'll comment at length in your thread; I will check out La Vine, I can't remember what that one looks like at the moment.  And I will look up Fennell, too.  I also hate Chalmers, it amazes me that Maxis made that one a CO$$$.  Thanks for the comment :)

Two more - Shipton Enterprises is the first, and the other is something I haven't named yet...

Aaron Graham

Looks great, I love how you do with the inside of the building. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Zaphod

You know what the worst Bennett cousin is? Dieckmann Consulting. Those horrible light blue glowing windows  :bomb:

These are great. I'm always looking for BAT's like this to help spruce up my organically grown cities. Lots of great creations never actually grow in my cities or not at the rate I'd like.

Anyways, I'm a fan of the arched concrete elements on Shipton enterprises. That's a common theme in many of the mid-century buildings I see everyday. It would also be perfect for a university campus since they have those kinds of buildings everywhere.

The only thing is some of these look rather tired-not necessarily a bad thing as buildings of that age tend to be pretty sad looking. But maybe adding some signage on a few would bring color?

QuoteAs for the buildings that are the most annoying (growing all over the place), for CO$$ I would add La Vine Management.

yep. I can sort of tolerate LaVine because it one of the few decent glassy boxes Maxis made but there is a limit...
War Kittens !?

Evillions8

Your BATs gave my inspiration for my next plugins set.  ;D

Thanks!  &apls

DaveN

Very interesting work.
Especially the industrial buildings fell to my liking.
But they are all well done.
Congratulations
&apls
DaveN

kapete

Wow  &apls Those low density CO's will sure have place in my region as soon as they are available for download!
Keep up that great fulldetailed work  :)