• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

madhatter106's BATs

Started by madhatter106, October 22, 2010, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Very nice, they'll tie in really well with the small maxis office towers, which can get kinda repetitive. Looking forward to seeing these released. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

cogeo

Great to see that more BATs are in the pipeline. And the work is as always excellent!

It's also good that you are making some CO$$$ too. You have made many small-to-medium CO$$ ones. I have modded them for my personal use, from 56 jobs for Briggs Entertainment to 131 for Byrne & Associates (it is the largest one), just sort of Leong Accountants. So with 16 (additional) buildings in the above range, I would say that this category is now overrepresented! I don't think it's worth to make any more, actually I think the 2nd volume was a bit much, as the 8 buildings of the 1st were already enough.

As for the McAdams-like ones, they look really very good. Personally I wouldn't start with these though. They may indeed sprout up here and there at some point, however they usually prove short-lived, as they are soon replaced by something bigger. And I never had more than two in the same city. I have made some Chalmers-compatible ones (61 jobs), though I haven't released them yet. These stay for much longer, however there are some bigger ones that stay for years:
- Modde Inc
- Galvin Techtronics
- Curtin Fabrics
- Kearney LLC
- Fancey Foods
These buldings have 77-112 jobs.
You can avoid the lotting work completely, if you make LODshells almost identical to the Maxis ones (at least around the base). This is due to those stupid shop facade props used in the Maxis lots. It poses additional requirements though, eg the models must be made in a way that having or not having a prop doesn't matter (so it can be a window or wall looking OK both with and without the prop). This in turn requires examining the lots and making the models as needed. Quite demandind, but you don't need lotting. You know what would be best to you.

Another missing bit is some bigger CO$$ mid-rises, like Dolan Contractors, Miguel LLC and Fennell Corp (about 350 jobs). The Houston & Euro sets lack such buildings completely.

Cheers

Jack_wilds

Happy belated birthday  :sunny: :party:... hope it was filled with goodness and small surprises... trust life is well with you...

madhatter106

I've neglected this topic again.  Here's a pile of stuff in the works...some 3x2 office buildings to compete with the Maxis stuff mentioned prior in the thread...

And another modern little fun 2x2 with access to underground parking...

And some more old-fashioned, older buildings in the 2x2 midrise realm.  Most of my other stuff was more generic/contemporary - this stuff should mesh well with the older tilesets...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." - H.P. Lovecraft

"Never keep up with the Joneses - drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

sunv123

Heh, I've downloaded some of your packs at Simtropolis. I think that the 5th one looks the best, somewhat elegant, but not that, eh, 19th century style look that makes you wonder what the workers endured. :P For the one with the underground parking, are you considering to make it semi-transparent? It'd look a lot nicer like that.

Anyway, these are just some of my opinions on them, overall they look nice.

PS. If you don't know how to make semi-transparent glass, PM me and i'll be happy to give you some links.
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

zwitser

Now where can i find these BAT`s? Some say its on STEX, others say its on LEX  &Thk/(

Can anyone help me find these?