• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bixel's CAM & Normal HK Residential Monsters!!!

Started by bixel, June 18, 2007, 02:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

rooker1

That's incredible.  To have such a large elementary school for those over crowded cities will make things a lot more realistic.  Will you continue with a whole line?

&apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sim Shady

Lol i just gotta say i would feel so out of place in there.  I went to a middle school with only 24 people in my class.  High school got wayy bigger with closer to 500 people in my class but still good god!  How many people attend that school each year??  Also i would hate to have a fire break out during the school day there, looks like theres alot of people to evacuate

bixel

OK rendering now with adjusted LODs and nitelights. I will send it to ripplejet soon after. Hopefully the adjusted LODs should work, I will test in the LE 1st. Basically you should be able to see automata on the road, props in a small area in the center square in 2 places, I will try to give you a map showing where you can place props.

JBSimio

Like Andreas, this looks nothing like what I picture when I think of a school!  ;)  It's a great looking building, just so different from what I see around here.  I'd be happy to help take a look under the hood if help is needed with the modding.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Shadow Assassin

Why not experiment a little with alpha maps, and just cut out the bit where the road texture will go. It should solve your little Euro/normal texture issue, and save you from having to re-render it.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RippleJet

I have been looking at the modding of the HKSAS Primary School.

It is getting the following property values:

Student Capacity:  25,100
Coverage Radius:1,480 m (92.5 tiles)
Monthly Cost:9,450 §
School Bus Cost:3,150 §
Civic Jobs:632 § + 211 §§

My suggestion is that we make it a reward, being offered when e.g. 5 residential CAMeLots have grown.

bixel

I think a reward is a great idea!! BTW you did get the file right?? I gave you the download link through a personal message.  :satisfied:

RippleJet

Yes, that's where I got it, right after you had sent your PM! :thumbsup:
And I also got a description text from the site you linked me to. ;)

You've included the schoolyard in the bat, which would normally rather be done in LE though... ::)

I'll finish the modding of this tonight and send it back to you for possible additional lotting.
I would also recommend that you make a readme in SC4Tool for it. ;)

RippleJet

Including the school yard in the bat was not a very good idea.
Transit enabling that road going across the yard causes the base texture to interfere with the bat...

I would recommend that you remove the shool yard from the bat and make props out of the fences, bushes, etc. that you have there.

Otherwise, I was playing with this last night, and everything else works perfectly.
Any comments on the text displayed when being rewarded this school?

snorrelli

25,000 students in the same building... I'm recalling my previous life as a high-school teacher and shuddering at the thought... &sly
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

M4346

Quote from: RippleJet on October 02, 2007, 02:29:40 AMI would recommend that you remove the shool yard from the bat and make props out of the fences, bushes, etc. that you have there.

I am going to have to agree with Tage. As a LOTter it is incredibly frustrating to LOT BATs that have bases and 'the yard' pre-installed, if you will. Also as JPlumbley pointed out elsewhere, Transit-Enabled (TE) LOTs cause more trouble than they are worth. So I would, personally, prefer it if you'd BAT just the buildings and the fences (As props).

So, if you do have the time and wish to follow Tage's advice, please do so.   ;D

Though this is a great model regardless!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

Quote from: snorrelli on October 02, 2007, 04:01:33 AM
25,000 students in the same building... I'm recalling my previous life as a high-school teacher and shuddering at the thought... &sly

:D
Imagine all kids out on that school yard at the same time... ::)

Quote from: M4346 on October 02, 2007, 04:07:52 AM
Also as JPlumbley pointed out elsewhere, Transit-Enabled (TE) LOTs cause more trouble than they are worth. So I would, personally, prefer it if you'd BAT just the buildings and the fences (As props).

The problem with transit enabled lots is of course NAM puzzle pieces causing a CTD if hovered above them.
On the other hand, it would look strange to have that road going across the school yard, and not seeing school buses driving on it...

Anyways, whether transit enabled or not, the lot would still look better if the road was made in LotEditor with appropriate textures. :thumbsup:

bixel

OK. Going to make some props out of those lot pieces and I will remove the road. I thought this would happen anyway so its no big deal. I was kinda hoping it would work cause the shadows look so much nicer than ingame props but no biggie.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

shinkansen1

If there's a reward requirement of any C.A.M.s, then I won't be able to use this school. ()sad() I tried installing the C.A.M., something went wrong with my region, so I quit the entire thing and never wanted to go back. The problem with that, however, is that there are still many cities in my region that use 4 large elementary schools or more. I don't suppose the reward requirement could be a total residential population of 300,000 in addition to the C.A.M. reward one? True, this would result in two reward schools, but then those who download them will have a choice of which one they want to install.

bixel

you should not use CAM on existing regions. Also - I may make a non-CAM version - with occupancy much lower.

snorrelli

Quote from: shinkansen1 on October 02, 2007, 09:29:48 PM
If there's a reward requirement of any C.A.M.s, then I won't be able to use this school. ()sad() I tried installing the C.A.M., something went wrong with my region, so I quit the entire thing and never wanted to go back. The problem with that, however, is that there are still many cities in my region that use 4 large elementary schools or more. I don't suppose the reward requirement could be a total residential population of 300,000 in addition to the C.A.M. reward one? True, this would result in two reward schools, but then those who download them will have a choice of which one they want to install.

Isn't the "you don't deserve it" cheat the simplest solution?
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

bixel

ExiLe

...coming soon