• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ambulance fundings automatically sent to 0 by the game

Started by 0rion79, October 13, 2008, 01:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0rion79

Hi, I'm experimenting a bug in one of my cities. I don't know why, but the game is automatically moving ambulance fundings to zero.
No matter how high I set them, they are gradually brought back to 0. I can even seen the hospital coverage radius getting smaller!
I'm using Sarah H Bingham Hospital, modded with SC4 tools to reduce its effectiveness (it was too powerful for me). Do you think that the SHB hospital could be the reason? Or it was a SC4tools bug?
Thanks!

Andreas

Before changing the properties of a functional building (such as said hospital), you have to bulldoze all old instances of that building in your cities. Since it is now too late, you will have to bulldoze every single health-related building, run the city for a few days, save and - if necessary - exit SC4, check if there are any outdated files in your plugin folder and remove them (leaving only the current ones in), then open your city again and rebuild your health facilities.
Andreas

RippleJet

You are experiencing a bug called the Phantom Funding Sliders Bug.

It is triggered the following way:

• You build a hospital in your city (in your case obviously Sarah H Bingham)
  • You save your city and exit
  • You mod the monthly cost of that hospital's ambulance (or install a mod that changes it)
  • When reopening the game, the old monthly cost for the ambulances, that is read from the saved game, and the monthly ambulance cost for the hospital you modded do not match.
  • Eg. a funding of 50% does not end up in the same amount of simoleans funded for the modded hospital's ambulance as for the value recorded in the saved game file.
  • Thus, the percentual fundings are being adjusted on a city-wide level, and the funding sliders start changing automatically.
  • Each month the balance is checked, and since the percentual funding never corresponds to the values in the saved game file, the fundings will continue to change till they become either 0% or 120% (maximum value).

The bug can be remedied the following way:

• First bulldoze all hospitals you may have built after modding the hospital's ambulance funding. Note! Do not bulldoze any hospitals you have built before modding the ambulance monthly cost. That would only make it more impossible to correct the situation.
  • Then save and exit and physically remove (from your plugins folder) your modded version of the hospital, and reinstall the original version of Sarah H Bingham into your plugins.
  • After this you should be able to restart your game with stable fundings. If that is the case, Congratulations! If not, oh dear...

If you after this still want to change the monthly cost of a particular hospital's ambulances, please do remember to bulldoze each and every instance of that building anywhere in your region first.

This same bug can happen with all civic buildings with a monthly cost that can be adjusted with sliders, e.g. hospitals, ambulances, schools, school buses, police stations and fire stations.

0rion79

Ok, now I understand what has happend. It is not the Bingham, but the Will Right medical center.
I have modded it because it had costs, for me, that where not realistic and now I was replacing them in my cities with the Bingham, that is even more beautiful and do not uses in-game recylced textures.
The difference is that I've began to use the Bingham AFTER modding it, instead the Will Right was ALREADY in use when I have modded it.

So, reassuming, I have to destroy all Bingham centers and Will Right, because I have built the Bingham AFTER modding the Will Right and so both are compromised, but NOT the default hospitals that were already in use before. Save and quit.
Then I have to restore the old Will Right in the plug in folder, open and save cities if the funds are going well. And only AFTER that I have clean maps from hospitals, I can use modded versions, right?

Andreas

Quote from: 0rion79 on October 13, 2008, 03:01:26 AM
And only AFTER that I have clean maps from hospitals, I can use modded versions, right?

Yes.
Andreas

0rion79

Thanks, I have been able to save all but 2 of my cities: among those 2, I had a back-up fo one, while I was already thinking of destroying the second one.
So, not a big loss. Thank you! :)