• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

&apls Awesome update. The transition between the river and the game water is amazing (it's photoshopped, right?)
P.S. Welcome to page 37!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ennedi

Quote from: io_bg on February 05, 2009, 11:49:47 AM
&apls Awesome update. The transition between the river and the game water is amazing (it's photoshopped, right?)
P.S. Welcome to page 37!

A quick response: No  :D
PS. I will show canal - sea transitions of various kinds in one of next updates
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

XoX

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

io_bg

Quote from: Ennedi
A quick response: No  :D
So how did you make it? It looks really realistic. (Maybe you edited the water tiles with LE so they can be plopped on water?)

Ennedi

No. I removed water lowering the sea level, placed canal tiles, then water returned to it's previous place  ;) But it needed veeery smooth sea bottom, I showed in the previous update how did I terraform it.
Sorry, no more replies today, it increases my post account too much  :D
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

rooker1

:o

Adam,

Are you taking your MD to a new level?  Another incredible update.  Not only do you take the time to show us a small, but very important tutorial, but you also show us some of your beautiful scape. 
Truly great pictures.
Robin  ()stsfd()

PS, Everyone go check out the SC4 Wiki, link in my sig.
Call me Robin, please.

Simpson

Hi Adam

Two excellent updates there, I really like your seaport  :o

Update 35 part 2: incredible work on this port. The first pictures are like a little tutorial  :).
The night picture are so réalistic  :o

Update 36 part 3: Wow, as well fine pictures, the city look super.
Also very nice use of NAM curves.  :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the next update my friend.
Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

WC_EEND

I'm stunned, I don't know what to say, I really am that impressed
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

kimcar

&apls &apls Just stunning. It`s very plaisant to look how you did it , i guess i gonna steal some trick over here  :D Great work once again Adam. :thumbsup:

mattb325

Remarkable!!!! &apls

Thankyou for sharing the 'setsealevel' trick. It will be amazingly useful for me! I love how you have used the airport pieces to build what must be the MOST intricate port I have ever seen. It really is beautiful, and I am lost for words.
It has always been such a shame that SC4 didn't finish the ingame water for multiple levels (I have only ever had two requests for SC4: ingame surface water and detail visible at closest zoom), but the ways you have shown us to get around this problem are incredibly creative!

art128

Wow ! incredible work Adam, it's full; of ingenious things my friend !  &apls
I think that the second from the bottom must go to the HOF. :thumbsup:

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Awesome work there on the port and on the canal and the area near it!! It is looking so beautiful!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Superb pictures there! They are excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more fantastic updates... ;)

Ennedi

Hello again!

@io_bg: We talked yet, thank you again for your visit! :thumbsup:

Quote from: XoX on February 05, 2009, 12:05:07 PM
It's a very great work!!!

&apls &apls &apls

Very big thanks!  ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on February 05, 2009, 12:15:13 PM
:o

Adam,

Are you taking your MD to a new level?  Another incredible update.  Not only do you take the time to show us a small, but very important tutorial, but you also show us some of your beautiful scape. 
Truly great pictures.
Robin  ()stsfd()

PS, Everyone go check out the SC4 Wiki, link in my sig.

A new level? I don't know, I know only that I prepare more and more strange tasks for myself  :D
At least some people will not waste their time again  ;)
Thank you very much for nice words!

Quote from: Simpson on February 05, 2009, 12:30:19 PM
Hi Adam

Two excellent updates there, I really like your seaport  :o

Update 35 part 2: incredible work on this port. The first pictures are like a little tutorial  :).
The night picture are so réalistic  :o

Update 36 part 3: Wow, as well fine pictures, the city look super.
Also very nice use of NAM curves.  :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to the next update my friend.
Take care,

David

Thank you David! There is a lot of work before the city will reach its final shape  :)

Quote from: WC_EEND on February 05, 2009, 01:00:51 PM
I'm stunned, I don't know what to say, I really am that impressed

Welcome in Shosaloza! I'm glad you like it :thumbsup:

Quote from: kimcar on February 05, 2009, 01:06:35 PM
&apls &apls Just stunning. It`s very plaisant to look how you did it , i guess i gonna steal some trick over here  :D Great work once again Adam. :thumbsup:

There are a lot of hidden possibilities in this game. I think we know a half of them (or even less). These tricks need a lot of time, but it's a good play too  :)

Quote from: mattb325 on February 05, 2009, 01:20:59 PM
Remarkable!!!! &apls

Thankyou for sharing the 'setsealevel' trick. It will be amazingly useful for me! I love how you have used the airport pieces to build what must be the MOST intricate port I have ever seen. It really is beautiful, and I am lost for words.
It has always been such a shame that SC4 didn't finish the ingame water for multiple levels (I have only ever had two requests for SC4: ingame surface water and detail visible at closest zoom), but the ways you have shown us to get around this problem are incredibly creative!

I will show more things connected with setsealevel. And this port will be a great challenge for me, some things are really difficult - but we will make them easy  :thumbsup:
Yes, We can't have water on various levels in one city. But it is really easy to make it in various cities and it will be visible on the regional view. I have a few separate plugins folders, all of them in the My Documents/Sim City, and I only change their names adding or deleting one or two letters, depending on which city I'm just opening. I have one city with sea level at about 500 m, I will show it later.
Details visible at closest zoom: My dream too!

Quote from: art128 on February 05, 2009, 11:09:06 PM
Wow ! incredible work Adam, it's full; of ingenious things my friend !  &apls
I think that the second from the bottom must go to the HOF. :thumbsup:

Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Arthur! I also look at other MDs and think "how was it done?" - and this makes this game really fascinating  :thumbsup:

Quote from: bat on February 06, 2009, 08:15:54 AM
Awesome work there on the port and on the canal and the area near it!! It is looking so beautiful!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Superb pictures there! They are excellent! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more fantastic updates... ;)

Thank you bat! I will try to make you satisfied... :)

I spent a few days on experiments. I can't say I'm quite satisfied, but at least I collected much information for future tutorials  ;D
Now I'm very tired. So no tricks and tutorials today, just some relax.

I must warn you the area I'll show today is far from perfect. It is simply not finished. The residential growth just began and various building styles are mixed in some places. I will look at it after a few game years, when more districts will grow and the real city development will begin. Then I will have to decide how to harmonize and improve everything.
However some experiments gave quite nice result. I used Mexican LBT buildings together with US/Euro ones, they sometimes look a bit out of place, but more often they are a very nice accent. Good to know.

Today we visit the Marina at the MAS71's river. This is a recreational district, a few old homes but most newer ones -restaurants, pensions and recreation places. They grew in a somewhat chaotic way, as often happens in quiet places which become popular at some time.

There is an old little village on the other riverside, now it is a suburb full of cars, tourists and other holiday stuff.

Marina:

Let's look at another side

The end of the village (not finished yet)

And some closeups

This green park (at the right bottom of the last picture) looks very busy when the game is running. And this red thingy grew up after a few years of the successful village development (although I don't know what is a cause and what is an effect here  ;))

As I said earlier, I make various experiments, like moving boats along Japan River

But it's not what I'm thinking about, and there is a long way to go...

Cheers
Adam
New Horizons Productions

Schulmanator

Always a pleasure to see what you have to show us. You do great work and I look forward to seeing more of it as you develop it.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

art128

Your work is always awesome Adam ! &apls I really love the use of the little canal  :thumbsup:
Yep, I'm not inspired this time, so I don't make a big paragraph  :D
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Beautiful waterfronts!  I love those wide curved river bank sections. 

io_bg

Beautiful as always! &apls
P.S. where can I find that canal set on the 5th and the 6th picture?

Sciurus

Very very beautiful! You do a great work, so I just can congratulate you &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Nexis4Jersey

whoa beautiful canals you've built there, how long does it take to assemble a city or part of a city?  &apls

kimcar