• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidi

you have a abslotuly great harbour i love the feeling and it was a nice inpiration for me.
showing the RL photos was a great idea. im also planing to make a harbour and looked also a bit around with google earth and to see yours was a good aditiv
the details from your lots are also great done not to much just the right level for this so well done
may i ask you some question for my harbour later ? couse at the moment i am testing some stuff but not really happy

Pat

ooooh Robin that is indeed a great port there wow!!!! That is such a busy port wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Replies tomorrow, but here is what I am working on now.

See ya tomorrow with a lot more pics.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

sweeeeeeeeetness Robin im waiting to see that dock devolpe!!! - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Hello all,

It's now my lunch hour so I thought I would use this time to do some replies.

TheTeaCat, It's always nice to read you.  I hope you find the time to go through the entire MD and tell me what you think.  I'm sure you will notice a difference from the begining till now.  I ahve always tried to make realistic cities, but my knowledge of other programs has aloowed me to step it up a level or two.  I hope my recent pictures proves this. 
Anyways, thanks for stoppin in here and for the nice compliment.

kimcar, Yes I am serious my friend.  hehehe.  Thanks. I'm glad you think it looks realistic, after all that is my goal.  If you have any suggestions for the up coming lots or know of any very large industrial BATS, please do tell.  See you again soon.

capo, Hey, nice to see you here.  Sorry the page took so long to load.  But I am glad you thought it was worth it in the end.  As for the lots I am trying to add as much action and realistic details as I can.  I'm glad you noticed the truck driving into the building, I thought it was a nice touch.  No worries about the propane tanks, you don't like them, so they are gone now.  ;)  You can always give me critisism my friend, I can take it.

jmdude1, Thanks for stoppin in and commenting.  I haven't started my lots for the inner ground areas.  I can't wait to see what you have.  And yes you were right about the containers.  I put those ones in to see what it looked like and needless to say you and I didn't like it.  I did end up changing them.  You'll see in tonight's update.  Those brick buildings are by the amazing BATter Nob and can be found here.  [LINKIE] in the Naval Ports. 
I hope to hear from you again soon, it sounds like we are working on similiar things at the moment and there is nothing more fun than comparing notes.  ()stsfd()

thundercrack83, Very nice to see you here.  I'm glad you like what you see.  I also have the same problem when look at GE.  An hour or two can easily pass while searching the world for ports, airports or just nice land features.  :)  I am now using GE as a reference on how things should look to get a more realistic feel in my MD.  Soon it should start to show through if it hasn't already.   ;)   I am now working on the second of I don't know how many dock lots there will be in the end.  But I will guess about ten or more. 
See ya later.

paroch, Thanks for the breif history of the port.  For sure, if you have pictures and more info on ports.  Post away my friend, post away.  Just remember to keep the pictures small.  See ya soon.

bat, always nice to see that you have stopped by.  Thanks.

sebes, Thanks for stoppin in and for the PM.  It's great to hear from people who have some experience of different places around the world.  THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS COMMUNITY SO GREAT!!!!  Sorry but I did get rid of the propane tanks.  capo and I didn't like it.  I just hope you guys like what I put in it's place instead.
squidi, It's very nice to see you here.  You are one of my favourite MD creators at the moment.  I can see you going far with that one.   &apls You and anyone else can always ask me anything , any time.  Whether I have the answer is a different problem.   ;) 
patfirefghtr, (twice) It's always sooooo nice to see you here. lol  Thanks for the nice comments.

Well that's it.
Oh, one more thing, the riddle.  I see no one tried this one, or it was just to hard.

When/where does 99+1=60

ANSWER:  This solution requires you to think a little because the numbers are not to be taken literally.  Looking at a stop watch or digital timepiece such as on a microwave, 99 clicks off, then one more, to arrive at 60 seconds, or in some cases 60 minutes.  Another way to think about it is:  99 percent of an hour or minute + 1 percent of the hour/minute would = 60 minutes or minute.

Now I'm done and I'll see you all again later with lots of lot pics.  hehehe  I just had to say that.

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

tkirch

That dock looks great!

BigSlark

Holy cow! That's one impressive set of dock lots! I can't wait to see them in action.

And of course, I have to ask, will these ever see the light of day for the rest of us poor slobs who have port problems?  $%Grinno$%

Great work, Robin. You're not only a great MD'er but also a great lotter. Have you thought have picking up the BAT yet?

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

Quote from: rooker1 on November 13, 2007, 12:11:40 PM
thundercrack83, Very nice to see you here.  I'm glad you like what you see.  I also have the same problem when look at GE.  An hour or two can easily pass while searching the world for ports, airports or just nice land features.  :)  I am now using GE as a reference on how things should look to get a more realistic feel in my MD.  Soon it should start to show through if it hasn't already.   ;)   I am now working on the second of I don't know how many dock lots there will be in the end.  But I will guess about ten or more. 
See ya later.

I'm with you, there, my friend! Those maps are a great place for inspiration! I can stare at them for hours, trying to find a way to duplicate it in SC4. Then I try...and fail! But that's half the fun! I can't wait to see more of your ports, as your work is as much an inspiration to me as the maps!

Take care!

tooheys

Lol, the propane tanks must of exploded because that was the only pic I couldn't download.

I noticed Dustin's earlier comment about the RL pic's and agree, I could look at them all day, they can provide so many great ideas. (although would never model anything on Melbourne -good ol' Aussie interstate rivalry ;D)

The port lots look great. Nice detail and can't wait to see some distanct shots showing the entire port in operation.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Good morning everyone,

REPLIES,
tkirch, Thanks for stoppin in.
BigSlark, Thanks alot.  I didn't think of releasing them to the public, I didn't pay any attention at all to what prop packs I was using.  I know for sure there is alot of different prop packs needed.  But we'll see later if I can fix them up and there needs to be a demand for them, we'll just have to see.  ;)  As for the BAT, let me learn one thing at a time.  See ya my friend.
thundercrack83, good to read you again.  GE...... &Thk/(.....nough said.  Thanks for the very kinds words.  You'll have to wait and see if I can accomplish a realistic or not.  I think what I have so far is pretty good, but as I have said before, I'm just learning how to use LE.  Come visit again my friend.
tooheys, There was a huge explosion. hehehe  ;) I was looking at Melbourne for my next project.  I think the rail lines there are crazy.  ??? As for a distant shot on the port....I will do my best, but I have soooo many more lots to make, I'm not too sure when that will be.  But, what I will do for you from now on is do the highest shot possible including all lots done to that point.  ;)
Wou, it's always nice for me to read a new poster.  Thanks for stoppin in and of course it's a lot.   :D Very funny pun.   :D

New Dock number Two

Dock One with it's small changes.  It is also TE'd now, although I'm unsure if I will TE an entire street for frieght only.   &mmm  We''ll have to see.

Dock One.

Dock One.

Dock Two.  Here you can see where it will join Dock One.  Some more details have to be added still.

Robin   ;)
Call me Robin, please.

wouanagaine

That's a LOT for sure !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Shadow Assassin

I definitely wouldn't mind an overview when it's all done...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

emilin

Looking extremly good! &apls

The old warehouse with big windows, what is that? I don't think I have seen it before. Is that a NOB prop too?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Fantastic pictures of these docks! Great work on that part of the harbor! :thumbsup:

Pat

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmies Robin those Docks are wonderful, you have such great talent!!! BTW i think the demand has increased some lol... I personal dont care about dependecies, yea sure they are a root of evil but if evil makes something that soooo good then I want it LOL...... See you next time - pat

thundercrack83

I can only concur with what everyone else has already said about this dock--simply extraordinary, my friend! For just learning how to use the LE, you're certainly doing a bang-up job! Keep it up!

tooheys

Robin, nice work  :thumbsup: Pat said yum...mies, well I'm drooling (of course that could be the smell of the BBQ next door  $%Grinno$%).

Just in case they become available to the public, I'll put my deposit down for a set right now ;).

Cheers

Dave

squidi

your docks are looking really great and everything looks like it is in action
that will become a beautiful harbour full of life  &apls &apls &apls

jmdude1

hello again rooker,
things seem to be coming along nicely with your port work. i can just imagine how much time youre putting into each one. also, i like the latest pics of your boats! once again, great minds think alike! check out this thread  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2443.0  it might help you remove the squares that are shown under the japanese ships. also, near the end of the thread there is a link for creating other boats/ships that float. it does take time but they look great and add a lot of life to your seaports. looking forward to seeing more.

kimcar

&apls &apls Still pretty good job on your dock mate.  :thumbsup: You want suggest ? Maybe i got one. About a little snack-bar , a kind of little fast food a bit ugly. I guess we see some in some port. Just a suggest . Have fun