• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Robin, hey-

Wonderful industrial pics.

1.14 in particular has that hellish gleam of progress to it.  You're well on the way to becoming a master of this particular genre.  I can't wait to see what comes next.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

krbe

It looks very much alive, with all those trains and pipelines. 1.14 could almost been taken from a movie :satisfied:

rooker1

I don't have any time right now to reply to everyone, but thank you for your very nice comments, please keep them coming.

Here's the next update.

All around my port is very low wealth, so here is my Ghetto.

Enjoy until next time..............
Call me Robin, please.

bat

wonderful pictures! Great update and work, rooker1! :thumbsup:

kimcar

:thumbsup: Look nice. The layout look very good too around the hospital zone. :thumbsup:

Badsim

This new set about another subject-matter , confirms my opinion . :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Antoine

wow nice gettho wich look realistic !  &apls

pvarcoe

Nicely done rooker1!

Lots of concrete, just like in real life.
An industrial masterpiece.

rooker1

Good morning to everyone.  My boy is now down for his nap and I have some free time.  So I think I'll respond to everyone.

NikNik, Welcome to my MD, I like to be different and not follow certain proceedures.  I got your attention didn't I?  The petroleum port is only about a 1/5 of the overall size of the port, you will see more in the up coming updates.  As for the refinery, I believe you can find it here.

bat,Welcome, glad you like it.

Rayden, Hopefully you will see the second posting before I do the third, but if you don't, enjoy them both.

Cali, You are welcome in my DM anytime you want.

Air6, posting 2 is already up and the third will be very shortly.  Good you enjoyed the first.

Darmok,John, my good friend, glad you had time to stop in here.  I hope to hear more from you.

kimcar, I try very hard to have some kind of continuity.  I also try to force certain things to grow and you will never see any Maxis High Tech buildings.  I hate them, so blue........and unrealistic looking.  I like dirty and smelly.

Badsim, I think I might give the LE a try later on today.  Glad you stopped by.

dedgren, It seems a lot of people like that picture as well as you.  As for the master part, I don't know about that, although I am trying.  See you later.

krbe, Welcome here, glad you like the pipelines, it took a very long time to get them laid down just right. 

And now replying to comments after my second update.
It's so good to get so many people visiting/ commenting.  It makes me want to post more often

bat, very nice to hear from you again,thanks.

kimcar, thanks, glad you like the layout around the hospital.  Later.

Badsim, I'm glad you have the same opinion of my work.  In the next couple of days, you will see other genres.  I hope you like those as well.

Antoine, I think it's hard, sometimes, to make a realistic ghetto area, so it's good you like this one.

pvarcoe, Master piece, eh?  Thanks alot.  See you again soon.

I think I may have time to post pics again later today.  See ya later.

Call me Robin, please.

Cali

Cali, You are welcome in my DM anytime you want.

thank you ;D and i love the update, lots of concrete, definitly realistic
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

rooker1

I back for another quick update.

Cali, I will definatley check out yours, but you haven't started one here have you?  I don't see your name.............

Another quick one, enjoy and I have another almost ready for tomorrow.  Later.
:thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Antoine

Yes I like very much !!! Good job for this industrial place

emilin

Very nice indeed! Those megalots look really good. I might just have to download them now.  :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Boy, Robin, some of those parking lot lights look bright enough to melt the cars parked underneath 'em...

Another trove of great urban pics.  Thanks for sharing.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Air6

JBSimio

Well, if the seedy part of town looks this good, I can't wait to see what your "nice" areas look like!  Very impressive stuff so far.   &apls

Quick question, if I may:  Can you point me towards the two buildings on the lower right of picture 3.3?  I'm not familiar with either one, but they appear to fit my usual style perfectly.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Darmok

I really like what you're achieving here Robin! The ambiance in those pics is spot on!
I appreciate the generous use of parking spaces, (you know I like putting them almost everywhere!)
Picture 3.3, that industrial lot (the one with the chain link fence all around) what is it, did you created it with the LE?
I really like it!

Still watching!

Take care

-John

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

rooker1

Thanks everyone for the comments and visit, I will reply to the comments tomorrow.

Here's a quick update as promised.

Like I said before, replies tomorrow, but please enjoy these pics and good night.
Call me Robin, please.

Travis

Wow!

Those are some awesome industrial areas! In my opinion, industry is difficult to realistically recreate
in SC4, but you've really hit the nail on the head here. The factories, rail yards,
warehouses and docks all blend in perfectly. The buildings there are well-chosen too.

Keep up the good work!  :thumbsup:

joelevan

I have said this in other threads, but...MAN...I LOVE those trains! This is a great MD. Please, keep it coming!

Joel