• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squidi

great update there robin  &apls &apls &apls

i love the huge asian crans from your port and the lots are looking very well

im a bit busy to say more but want you to know i was here and like your stuff  ;) and there are really interessting props you used :thumbsup:

Badsim

Hello Robin ,

A long time I didn't add a comment there , but I'm following your work and progresses eagerly . ;)
Your work about seaports bring me back memories ... NOB's seaports were among my first works (never shown here but visisble at Simphoni ) , and I can simply say I wasn't so good .
Wonderful pictures too about Xannepan's cathedral , unusual environment ( you know we expect to see a cathedral at the very heart of old downtown so surrounded by old bulidings as well ) but wonderful !  :thumbsup:

Keep on this , Robin , you know now how it can be gratifying to create our own custom content . :P

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rushman5

May I reply in relation to the ports?

My hometown, Baltimore, has a fabulous port, with cars, chemicals, containers, and even oil being trasported through the city.  Seagrit is known as the most famous of these, and I just wanted to share the sight I see only a mile away from where I live.

The immense cranes tower over the ships

Must be sunday - no ships!

See the gold dome?  The apartment building to it's left is me!

Here's a good example of the warehouse, container mix.  Seagirt can fit up to six ships at once

I love this shot, how you can see how to base the piers.  They have warehouses just like you have done in the L.E.

I'll stop killing you by showing you one last overview.  I think you have done a fantastic job with your port work.  Som of them are a little too rustic for modern times, but hey, you may be going for that.  This last picture can also help many other players who want to place their ports effectively.  Geography has everything to do with the placement of ports, and I hope you remember that as you apply these lots to your cities.  Best wishes, and I'll stop nearlt jacking your thread.

Zelgadis

Wow...  Gothic cathedrals and gritty ports.  You do it all.  :P  I haven't seen any of those Japanese ports and ships on any of the Japanese SC4 sites I've visited though...  But I do have a tendency to look right at something and not see it, so I should perhaps look again.  :P

ISF

nedalezz

The detail and work you put into your lots and this MD is simply incredible and motivation in itself! The last couple of updates have been great; I especially love the seaport. The Fursan Seaport is currently under construction, and the ideas Im getting from this MD are great.

One of the finest MDs on the site, definitely.

Pat

Robin alot of fun and exciting things going on in here and Im loving it!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Hello All,

It's incredible how fast time goes by when you are busy with other things.
I have been working hard on some new seaport lots for quiet some time now.  I have about eight lots just about completed and will be showcasing them here and I'll see where it goes from there.  The lots are very big, IMO, 7x, 8x, 9x and 10x, although there is some smaller filler lots, about 4x4.  ;)
Also as some of you have figured out by now, I am a scrutineer for the BSC Team.  This takes up alot of time as I take this position and scrutinizing very seriously.  I have been playing with all the stuff the BSC Team has been making and not progressing in my city as fast as I would like sometimes.  But this is something I have excepted gladly and I apoligies for the lack of updates over the last month and a half.  I think what I will do is figure out a schedule where I may upate every second weekend or something like that.
I really appreciate everyones comments, suggestions and  PM's.  Keep them coming, I can never get enough ideas from you all.
I will have an update this weekend for the seaport and for my city.

Until than, sit back and relax and enjoy this joke.

A guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey. He orders a drink and while he's drinking, the monkey starts jumping all over the place. The monkey grabs some olives off the bar and eats them, then grabs some sliced limes and eats them,then jumps up on the pool table, grabs the cue ball, sticks it in his mouth and swallows it whole.
The bartender screams at the guy, "Did you see what your monkey just did?" The guy says, "No, what?" "He just ate the cue ball off my pool table - whole!" says the bartender. "Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replies the patron. "He eats everything in sight, the little twerp. I'll pay for the cue ball and stuff." He finishes his drink, pays his bill, and leaves. Two weeks later he's in the bar again, and he has his monkey with him. He orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar again.
While the man is drinking, the monkey finds a maraschino cherry on the bar. He grabs it, sticks it up his butt, pulls it out, and eats it. The bartender is disgusted. "Did you see what your monkey did now?" "Now what?" asks the patron. "Well, he stuck a maraschino cherry up his butt, then pulled it out and ate it!" says the barkeeper.
"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replies the patron. "He still eats everything in sight, but ever since he ate that damn cue ball he measures everything first!"

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

;D Great joke rooker. I beleive that we have to do that sometimes when we get older  ;D (  To much information ) As for your lot , can`t wait for see them . So have fun  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

It sounds like you've been quite busy lately, my friend! I can't wait to see your new lots, and good luck with the scrutinizing, too! I'll be looking forward to seeing more progress and development here!

Dustin

rooker1

Hello,

I spent most of the day making the Table of Contents on the first page.  It's not done yet, but should be soon.

I hope you enjoy the random pic from around my city.

Joke of the Post....

No Need To Pay
The bartender asks the guy sitting at the bar, 'What'll you have?'
The guy answers, 'A scotch, please.'
The bartender hands him the drink, and says 'That'll be five dollars,' to which the guy replies, 'What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for this.'
A lawyer, sitting nearby and overhearing the conversation, then says to the bartender, 'You know, he's got you there. In the original offer, which constitutes a binding contract upon acceptance, there was no stipulation of remuneration.'
The bartender was not impressed, but says to the guy, 'Okay, you beat me for a drink. But don't ever let me catch you in here again.' The next day, same guy walks into the bar. Bartender says, 'What the heck are you doing in here? I can't believe you've got the audacity to come back!'
The guy says, 'What are you talking about? I've never been in this place in my life!' The bartender replies, 'I'm very sorry, but this is uncanny. You must have a double.' To which the guy replies, 'Thank you. Make it a scotch.'

See ya later
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

Lol, got to love those jokes, great ways to get free drinks also!

Even if you did spend alot of time on that great Table of Contents, this update was long and full of awesomeness  ;D It was like a full tour of a city that seems to me alot like Chicago. Loving the railyard in the first picture also (though ain't sure why the monorail is there :P).

Looking forward to more of this. And you and Fred just got me back into my Port Realism Project, now to spend hours on wiki searching for some good pictures :P

JBSimio

Wow Robin!  Quite the eye feast you've prepared tonight...  &apls

I particularly enjoy the canals in 41.13 and 41.29... both look so realistic.  I also like your sunken rail line in 41.14.  There's something about how your industries just spill over into other parts of the city that's a very welcome change.  Very reminiscent of Chicago or any other rust belt city.   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

figui

nice pictures Robin!

i also love the rail ones, esp that of the double rail overpassing the double sunken rail (14.14) and the one over the canal (14.13)

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

bat

A lot of really great pictures there, rooker1!
And wonderful places, too! :thumbsup:

Also good work on the ToC! :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

That joke was pretty clever, Robin, but not as good as that update!

The second picture with the trains was one the best things I've seen in a while, and every picture was of that caliber! You continue to do some outstanding work, my friend! Keep it up!

Dustin

dsrwhat316

wow, i love your sunken rail and the canal transition into the in-game water!

i also like the rows and rows of apartments/rowhomes; must've taken awhile to get them to grow just right!

just absolutely stunning. beautiful work!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

paroch

Hi Robin,

What an update.  Plenty there to feast my eyes upon.

The city does have a nice feel about it and many of the pictures are uber-realistic.

My particular favourites are:

41.11 - the use of a one tile wide BSC park is a good touch, adds a green feel to what could otherwise be a concrete jungle!

41.14 - Yep, those rail tracks have caught a few peoples' eyes and it's easy to see why.

41.16 - Something almost artistic about that one.  If you put that in the picture competition it has got Hall of Fame written all over it.

41.24 - Really catches my eye.  I think this is just VERY realistic looking.

41.29 - Nice transition!

The only one I don't like (and of course it's all a totally personal thing) is 41.2.  Love the red train - but the white and green train just looks blocky and unrealistic.

And of course, we still have your port to look forward to.  Awesome work Robin, we've missed you!

Paul

rooker1

Hello,

Let's do some replies.

Yoman, good to read you.  I figured I should start the ToC, it was long over due.  It's not very hard to do, but it is time consuming.  I wanted to do a long tour of the city for a few reasons.  I havent done an update in a long time and I forget very easily what I have already shown.  As for the monorail, I wanted to see what it looked like in game.  It is now gone.  Good to see that you are back at the Port Realism.  I'm having inspiration problems.  But I will be showing soon what I have done very soon.  ;)

JBSimio, thanks for stoppin by.  Thanks for the very nice compliments.  I like to do dirty industrial areas.  I'm not much for rich fancy areas.

figui
Quote from: figui on January 10, 2008, 09:43:12 AM
i also love the rail ones, esp that of the double rail overpassing the double sunken rail (14.14) and the one over the canal (14.13)
I'm not too sure how realistic, but I like it too. 

bat, Thanks alot for the nice comments, it's always nice to read you.

thundercrack83,
Quote from: thundercrack83 on January 10, 2008, 11:43:41 AM
That joke was pretty clever, Robin, but not as good as that update!
very cool comment. thanks alot man.

dsrwhat316,thanks alot.  I really like the row homes also and it's not too hard to get them to grow like that.  I have a few tricks.

paroch, I',m glad you like all those pics and I'll consider entering that one pic in the contest.  As the white and green train.  It may not look very nice but it is the train here in Toronto.  The Go Train.

The red train has already been removed from the lot.  I was just trying something.

Anyways, nice to hear from everyone.

Here's the teaser pic from the next update.

Which base texture do you like?  The one on the Corner Lot or the Side Lot.
I am working on a very large group of Lots and I just about have all the little details wrapped up.

Joke of the Post.
Two men from Texas were sitting at a bar, when a young lady nearby began to choke on a hamburger. She gasped and gagged, and one Texan turned to the other and said, "That little gal is havin' a bad time. I'm a gonna go over there and help."
He ran over to the young lady, held both sides of her head in his big, Texan hands, and asked, "Kin ya swaller?" Gasping, she shook her head no.
He asked, "Kin ya breathe?" Still gasping, she again shook her head no. With that, he yanked up her skirt, pulled down her panties and licked her on the butt. The young woman was so shocked that she coughed up the piece of hamburger and began to breathe on her own.
The Texan sat back down with his friend and said, "Ya know, it's sure amazin' how that hind-lick manoeuvre always works."

That's all Folks
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

emilin

Very, very impressive! Everything looks amazing, actually. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

That teaser is looking really nice! Looking forward to that harbor! ;)