• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rushman5

funy joke, oh yea, cool port.  I laike the corner textures better, they look more 20th century.

thundercrack83

I'm a fan of the corner texture, too, Robin, though they both look great to me. Excellent work with the ports, my friend!

Oh, and congratulations on 500 comments, too! Only the third MD to get there so far!

Pat

Robin wonderful updates here and I am loving the Jokes of the post!!! I do however miss the qoutes of the post though.... Anywho its good to see you MDing again...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nedalezz

Massive, sensational update! The work you put into your cities is something to be marvelled at. Just a question; in picture 41.10, that BAT is incredible! Any links or idea who made it?

rooker1

Good morning,
SOME REPLIES,

emilin, thanks my friend for the nice comment.  :)
bat, the pics of the harbor will be in the update tonight, so stay tuned.  ;)
rushman5, thanks for taking the time to reply.  At this point I'm unsure which base texture to use as I thought the other looked better.  &mmm

Quote from: thundercrack83 on January 14, 2008, 01:13:27 PM
Oh, and congratulations on 500 comments, too! Only the third MD to get there so far!
Incredible, at least for me.  This is my most sucessful MD.  Although I have only had two others, but I am very proud of this one.  ()stsfd()
Pat, I'm glad you like the jokes and the quotes.  Anything to make life a little lighter and happier.
nedalezz,  The building you are asking for can be found here [LINKIE] and is called COCO Park made by dmscopio.

Quote of the Post  (for Pat)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Joke of the Post
Making a bet at a bar
Two guys were in a bar, and they were both watching the television when the news came on. It showed a guy on a bridge who was about to jump, obviously suicidal. "I'll bet you $10 he'll jump," said the first guy. "Bet you $10 he won't," said the second guy.
Then, the guy on the television closed his eyes and threw himself off the bridge. The second guy hands the first guy the money.
"I can't take your money," said the first guy. "I cheated you. The same story was on the five o'clock news." "No, no. Take it," said the second guy. "I saw the five o'clock news too. I just didn't think the guy was dumb enough to jump again!" 

Until tonight, enjoy your Day
(my tonight  ;) )
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls  Very good update Robin. Nice to see that you use park around your work .A lot of work over ther.  :thumbsup: BTW great joke too. ;D

tkirch

Great joke.  And the update is fantastic.  Your pictures are so realistic, I think they look amazing.

Air6

Your last update is just wonderful. I really like your city. Great work  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Just to keep you up to date.
Sorry I haven't posted my progress on the Seaport LOTs I'm working on as I didn't get the time I thought I would have to finish up the finner points and I have lost a little bit of the inspiration, I'm not very happy with how it has turned out.  But what I will do late tonight is post what I have and hopefully get some feed back and be reinspired by your comments. 
I'm also waiting to see what Yoman has for (this Brat, inside joke) me.  The seaportcrane that he created last is just amazing!!!  I'm using them everywhere.  &apls

And here is a way back play back.  I made this stuff back in February of 2006.  ::)

Quote of the Post
Quote from from a boy my wife babysits.
The kid loves going to the internet and he keeps track of his passwords on a post-it note.
I noticed his Disney password was "MickeyMinnieGoofyPluto," and I asked why it was so long.
This is what he said immediatley back at me, "Because....they say it has to have at least four characters."

Everyone have a fantastic day and I'll check in here tonight.
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

rooker1

Alright, here it is finally.
Some LOTs that I think I can share with some confidence that they are okay, not great, but okay.
There are some small details I need to add, but I thought I would get everyone's opinion first.

Well that's it Folks.  Tell me what you like, dislike, any ideas.
I'm off to bed now as it's now just after 2 am. 
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Shadow Assassin

Is it just me, or is there a LOD error with the cranes [see the pictures where the crane is behind the ship]?

Love the seaport, by the way.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Great work on these LOTs! And wonderful pictures in your previous post! :thumbsup:

Congrats on more than 500 replies!! &apls

thundercrack83

Stunning, Robin! Stunning! Your works with these ports is fantastic, my friend. Every time you have an update here, I'm filled with inspiration and want to go build ports, too! Keep up the outstanding work!

Dustin

Yoman

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 19, 2008, 12:30:05 AM
Is it just me, or is there a LOD error with the cranes [see the pictures where the crane is behind the ship]?

Love the seaport, by the way.

Yeah there is, there used to be one from the exact opposite direction also, but xiziz fixed that, but when I discovered the one from this view also he supplied ultra complicated LODs that just won't render correct. So now I'm gonna wait until he redoes the textures.

In the meantime robin, just don't take pictures from that angle  ;)

Seaport looks awesome btw, much busier than my garbage one :P

EDIT - may want to reduce the number of cranes on the dockside there (my big uns) maybe by just 1 or 2, not that many). And I'll be sure to have you test the newly textured cranes :D

emilin

Wow! Those lots look stunning! You can actually understand how those containers go from the ships and onto the trains and trucks - something that I have never been able to achive. &apls

By the way: In the update before the port lots there are some very nice looking bus shelters, what are those?

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

squidi

great new updates robin  &apls

i really like your residential and industrial areas from the update the page before

about the port lots:
they really show your knowledge about ports and lot editing and yomans cranes are looking very good
for my taste they maybe looking too busy  ;) what only shows how much work u was puttin in them
maybe you should think about to reduce the number of trucks sometimes but i say that not becouse it doesnt looks good it doesnt confirm with the GE pictures i saw (maybe i havent seen the wright GE pictures)
if you really like it that way, let them in becose it doesnt look bad

paul

Yoman

Quote from: squidi on January 23, 2008, 11:57:07 PM

about the port lots:
they really show your knowledge about ports and lot editing and yomans cranes are looking very good

Bah they suck  :P

squidi

Quote from: Yoman on January 24, 2008, 12:13:14 PM
Bah they suck  :P

;)
the textures could be better but i like the rest of them

Yoman

Quote from: squidi on January 25, 2008, 09:35:34 AM
;)
the textures could be better but i like the rest of them

Bah, the entire model sucks :P New one is much better.

Hogmeister

The container terminal is excellent a must for any city
Building Better Buildings Better