• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Robin that was a wonderful update... I loved 43.2 the best with full activity...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Robin, love the work  :thumbsup:

The lots certainly look busy enough, and I know you have some final touches to add, so I was wondering if you were planning
on adding any peeps for that extra touch. Regardless, I could find a home for these lots anyday.

Cheers

Dave

rooker1

Hello everyone,

Yes I am still alive, just very busy when I get home.  I am doing some home improvements and it has been taking longer than I originally thought.  I will do my best to put something together in the next day or so.

Let's work on some Replies,
Shadow Assassin, you have a very good eye.  I had never noticed that.  But I was never really looking for anything though, i was very busy creating the LOT.  Or maybe I was just  /wrrd%& .  At any rate good catch, now Yoman is working on another one.  :thumbsup:

bat, it's always nice to hear from you.  I'm glad you like the pics and the LOTs.  :)

thundercrack83, thanks for the super comment.  It's things like that, that give me new life to continue on when I lose some of the ghusto.  Thanks again my friend.  ;)

Yoman, don't worry I still like the crane very much.  But I do wait very patiently for the next one.
I was considering only using one crane per dock, now that you think so too. I will change it.  I wanted the port to look very busy.  I am trying to find timed props so it always looks different at different times of the day.  Most of my props are from jestarr.  :thumbsup:

emilin, I 'm doing my best to make the port look realistic and functional with the props that I can find.  I'm glad that you think I have accomplished this. Thanks.
As for the bus shelters, You can find them in here [LINKIE] .  This set is called Diagonal Intersection RoadTop SubwayBus Station by uroncha.  And this is another really good set called ROAD TOP MASS TRANSIT by cogeo and can be found here [LINKIE]  I hope this hepls you out as these are my favourites.  ;)

squidi, thanks for taking the time to give your opinion.  I will consider your ideas and maybe make some changes.  Although I do like the very busy look.  I hope you continue to give your opinion, good or bad.  ()stsfd()

Yoman, I wouldn't go so far s to say it sucks, but the new one does lok better so far.  &apls

Hogmeister, welcome to my Mind Scape.  It's always nice to read a new comer.  I hope to read you more often in the future.  It will be nice to get you opinion and any pictures you may find, regarding my work.  ;)

Pat, good to hear from you and I'm glad you like the update especially 43.2.  :thumbsup:

tooheys, good to see you stoppin by.  Believe it or not, but I have added alot of people.  Do you see any spots in particular where I should add more?  As soon as I think I'm done, I go to the game and check it out and than I find a dozen things I don't like and start over again.  I think I am my worst enemy.  &mmm I think I am getting closer to the final product.  ;)

Joke of the Post
Water and Wine Education:
WATER...... It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli bacteria found in faeces, in other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop!
However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey, vodka, beer or other liquors) because alcohol has to go through a distillation process of boiling, filtering and fermenting.
WATER = Poop
WINE = HEALTH
Free yourself of Poop, drink WINE!!!
It is better to drink wine and talk sh** than to drink water and be full of sh**.
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information, I am doing it as a public service.

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

mattb325

Quote from: rooker1 on January 30, 2008, 08:47:19 AM

WATER = Poop
WINE = HEALTH
Free yourself of Poop, drink WINE!!!

Robin  ()stsfd()

Hey Robin!

Why do you think in the middle ages, before decent public water supplies when water had far too much poop in it, booze was known as aqua vitae (Water of life)? ;)

Anyway, I really enjoy your MD - but in particular I love your container and port creations - I know thay've taken you ages, but they are a joy to look at  :)

Yoman

Got it, I'll drink more processed and less organic beverages  ;D

And that old crane is still crap :P No matter what anyone thinks.

rooker1

Good evening,

mattb325, thanks for stoppin by.  Aqua Vitae, I could some right now.  ::) I'm trying to do this and my kids are jumping all over me.  :D I should have this set of container ports done in the next couple of weeks.  I have learned very much trying to do these.  I also think that if I were to release these to the public, I may have to make another set.  I'm afraid I have too many dependencies.  ;)  But it shouldn't take so long, I have all my notes as to what I did step by step.

Yoman, my friend.  Come over to my place and we could drink as many beers as you want.  ;)

Believe it or not but this is my frist mosaic ever.  And thanks to iamgoingtoeatyou and the great tutorial, which can be found here [LINKIE].  It was very easy to read and follow.

Today's Quote:
Lucy Maud Montgomery once said, "For we pay a price for everything we get or take in this world and although ambitions are well worth having, they are not to be cheaply won."

Have a great day and enjoy my first mosaic.
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

robin for your first ever mosiac you did a fantastic job on it.... Love the qoute and jokes tooo.... Which I think only a few can pull it off and you are one of them!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

&apls &aplsI have to agree what Pat just said. Very well done. I never try , but if you said this is easy , maybe i will give a try , but i`m afraid that you are smarter then me  ;D Keep it up

JBSimio

Bravo Robin!   &apls That's an impressive array of buildings and "districts" to fit into a single picture.  It makes for a nice mosiac, but beyond that it speaks volumes for your city building skills.  These are the things that prevent me from ever starting an MD of my own!  :D

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Mind-blowing first mosaic, Robin! The skyscrapers and the railroads--excellent work, my friend! Excellent work!

Nardo69

Great mosaic my friend! And absolutely nothing to nag on the railway design!  &apls

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

emilin

Everything looks really good to me. :thumbsup:

The thing I like the most is probably the very well crafted terrain, actually. The gentle slopes and the small "island" where the avenue   crosses are excellent. &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Yes, very fantastic mosaic there! Great work!! :thumbsup:

iamgoingtoeatyou

A gorgeous mosaic, I'm very happy you tried it out, You made a beautiful result! &apls I'm glad you found the tutorial easy to understand :)

Yoman

Ah a great tutorial that is  ;D And an excellent result you've produced. I really like how this follows the canals, than the rail line.

On a side note I have a few hours today to work on the crane  ;D

rooker1

Hello All,

Let's start with the Replies,
Pat, Thanks alot.  I thought doing mosaics was much harder than it really is.  Everyone should try.  I'm also glad you like the quotes and jokes.
kimcar, Yes kimcar you should try.  It will be great for your MD, to see how everything fits together.  ;)
Jon, (JBSimio), I highly doubt that your city is not worth starting an MD.  You should start one and let the public decide that one.  ()stsfd()
Dustin, (thundercrack83), mind-blowing you say, I hope you are okay.  :D Thanks.
Bernhard, (Nardo69), You should have nothing to nag about that area.  It was your suggestions I followed to improve the area the first time.  :thumbsup:
Emil, (emilin), Thanks, but as far as terrain goes, this is the most I like to do in my cities.  Any more than this and you get the ugly foundations showing.
bat, Thanks alot.  I'm really gald everyone is liking my first mosaic.  I think I'll have to do some more.  ;)
iamgoingtoeatyou, Thanks and thanks again.  If not for your fantastic tutorial, it may have taken me another year to finally try.  ;) I'm also glad you took the time to notice my mosaic and do a little post.
Yoman, I choice this area becasue of that.  I glad you like it too.  Great news to see you working on the crane again.  ()stsfd()

Well here are some old pics from a different region.  I thought I'd share them.

I hope you enjoy the Way Back Playback.  These pics are from about three years ago.  ;) Maybe you can see some improvement from than to now.  ()stsfd()

Today's Quote:
William Shakespeare once said, "Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none."

Today's Joke:
"Too Drunk"
A man walks into the front door of a bar. He is obviously drunk, and staggers up to the bar, seats himself on a stool and, with a belch, asks the bartender for a drink. The bartender politely informs the man that it appears that he has already had plenty to drink, he could not be served additional liquor at this bar, and could a cab be called for him?
The drunk is briefly surprised, then softly scoffs, grumbles, climbs down off the bar stool and staggers out the front door. A few minutes later, the same drunk stumbles in the SIDE door of the bar. He wobbles up to the bar and hollers for a drink. The bartender comes over and, still politely - but more firmly, refuses service to the man due to his inebriation, and again offers to call a cab. The drunk looks at the bartender for a moment angrily, curses, and shows himself out the side door, all the while grumbling and shaking his head.
A few minutes later, the same drunk bursts in through the back door of the bar. He plops himself up on a bar stool, gathers his wits and belligerently orders a drink. The bartender comes over and emphatically reminds the man that he is clearly drunk, will be served no drinks, and either a cab or the police will be called immediately.
The surprised drunk looks at the bartender, and in hopeless anguish, cries "Man! How many bars do you work at?"

That's All Folks, I hope you enjoyed it.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

JoeST

wow.........HUGE

took me 10 mins to load, and how im thankfull for waiting, WOW

I like those 1way parking spots and that cable car thing, does that go right over the river? wow

pitty about some of the SAM texture probs

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

thundercrack83

Love the old pictures, Robin! The farms and the farming communities look fantastic, and as usual, your railroads are stunning as well. Can't wait to see what you've got for us next, my friend!

Dustin

Antoine

Wow incredible screens !!!  &apls a perfect city !  :thumbsup:

Yoman

Great joke :P That man is going to have  a massive hangover tommorrow :P

The screenies of the farms are excellent, i especially love the overviews and that damn right above the waterfall, very overpowering. Can't wait to see what you do with your present as well  ;D