• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Also looking forward to more work of you, rooker1! ;)

BTW, Welcome to page 29!!

Pat

Robin just has to tease us all with those pics lol..... Looking for more and  "It is very nice to see that quality over quantity is what really matters here" I couldnt agree more with that statement then ever before, As I too have hit my one year marker here at Devo and the age range is about right from 13 - 70 ish a good figure... Whats great is that we are here for one thing and that one thing is the love of the game....  I cant wait to see what you have in store for us here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Hello All,

This is what I am working on tonight.

What do you think?  Any ideas, good or bad?
I'll do replies tomorrow while at work.
Good night,
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Yoman

I think it looks great Robin, only two things I see missing, lights, and people.

But do a container terminal, itching here to see the crane in action :P (Haven't tested at all yet for myself).

thundercrack83

It looks good to me, Robin! Great job, my friend!

Pat

gaaaaaaaaah that is just wonderful Robin is all i got to say!!! I cant wait to see more....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Yes, that is looking very nice, Rooker1! Looking forward to more...

rooker1

Good morning All,

Replies,
sebes, thanks for the first reply after my little thank you note.  I'm glad to hear others feel the same way I do.  I have some thing special planned for Feb 27th so keep your eyes open.
thundercrack83, thanks alot my friend.  And you think SC4D is a better place with me here, thanks, but I think it's a better place cause we are all here.
dragonshardz, thanks for stoppin by.  Your MD ca be what ever you want it to be   ;)
paroch, Don't worry about not being here for a while.  You are here now and that's good enough for me.  ()stsfd() Glad you like the farming pics.  I just wanted to prove that I have done other things than just cities.  As for SC4D.....it's really good to see that so many others share the same views and with a community like the one we sahre, it is so easy to improve in any part of the game one wants.
warconstruct, thanks for stoppin by, I do believe it is your first reply, Welcome to My Mind.  I hope you enjoy every things here.  And I agree with you, this is a great site and you'll find very little mockery, uselees or unpleasent replies here.  &apls
bat, it's always good to hear from you.  Thanks for the comment and I do expect to see you at the end of the month.
kimcar, good to read you my friend.  I hope everything is well with you.  I need an update from you, I think it's been a while and I hope to see a mosaic.  ;) I hope to see you as well at the end of the month.
thundercrack83, you are very correct my friend.  I don't think I'll say anymore and leave you and any other that reads this to speculate as to my over all plans.  ::)
Yoman, I will move on to the Container Port once again in little while.  I had lost some interest as you and Jess have made some new fantastic props.  I had to step back and re evaluate my approach on the LOTs I was making.  I want them to be very modular on easy to use if I ever want to make them public.  ;)
Berethor, I believe you are new poster as well, Welcome here and please enjoy.  I am gald you like waht you have seen so far and I hope you'll be back more often.
bat, my loyal poster bat.  Thanks for starting page 29 my friend.
Pat, Of course I have to tease you all, I have to find new ways to keep you all interested.  It's good to see you agree with me as well.
Yoman, Yes I agree, I do have to add some more small details.  I have made sure all LOTs fit together porperly and than I was dying to shows some pics of my progress.  Just you wait and see what I have in store for everyone. 14 more days
thundercrack83, are you share, or are you just saying that.  I really would prefer some people to say,"Fix this, fix that".  But every one seems to like what I have done so far.
Pat, I hope I didn't scare you to bad.  I was hoping you had more to say  ;) .  Just stay tuned here and you will see more my friend.
bat, hey , while I was doing the Replies Update you posted.  Thanks for the kind words.

Things that make you say, "HMMMM".
Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have parking lots?
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?
If 7-11 (a Canadian corner store) is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
If a cow laughed real hard, would milk come out her nose?
If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?

Everyone, have a great day,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Hogmeister

Can we have some more please, lol, its looking very nice indeed.  :thumbsup:
Building Better Buildings Better

mightygoose

great pause for thoughts.... and great lotting....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

Hmmmpf- the usual brilliant stuff.  So what else is new?

Robin, it's hard to come up with new superlatives for Mind Scape.  Your approach to MDing is as fresh and original today as it was on Day One, and that's sustained over the course of a year.  I learn something every time I come by, and am envious of your LOTmaking ability- it seems like such a struggle for me.

You want a suggestion, though- ploppable garbage, oil slicks, pallettes and trash generally.  While we will never be able to match RL grunge (or its equivalent in rural fields and forests), we need more random stuff to place on our lots here and there.  I think that's the difference between excellent and amazing- just that little bit of RL randomness to take the edge off the grid.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

Well Robin you know me too well and I just didnt know what else to say but you are darn good, OK so i guess that is a tad bit diffrent lol.... But you can gurantee I will be back for more of Mind Scape, so till next time see ya's......

Godzillaman

Quote from: rooker1 on February 13, 2008, 05:53:31 AM
Why do "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing?
If you can't drink and drive, why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor, and why do bars have parking lots?
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?
If 7-11 (a Canadian corner store) is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?
If a cow laughed real hard, would milk come out her nose?
If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?

Everyone, have a great day,

You watch Royal Canadian Air Farce's "the confused philosopher" didn't you?:P

I can't believe I didn't go through here earlier! I ccan see Toronto's influence on it.;)
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

paroch

Nice looking port lot there Robin.  As suggested above, maybe a few people needed, but not too many!

I look forward to seeing it in its full setting.

Ennedi

Hello Robin,

Nice teasers - I know that lot editing is very time-consuming, so I will be patient - but I'm sure the final effect of your work will be excellent as always!  :thumbsup:
No need to rush, take your time and enjoy this work!  :)

Adam :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Darmok

Hey Robin,
I just looked at the mosaic and update on page 27! WOW!
Good work in those, the rail station just in front of the skyscraper is really something!
And in the update I liked the rural setup, if only we could use the dirt roads more easily without those asphalt patches popping here and there.... oh well..

Good to be back my friend, looking forward for more of your good work!

Take care
-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

Simpson

Very good Cj
And Good job
Continue &apls

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

rooker1

Good morning All,

Quick Replies.........

Hogmeister, Mike, You will have more soon enough my friend, but for now you will have to wait.  See the news below.  ;)
mightygoose, thanks for the nice comments.  I'm glad you like the my thoughts and LOTs.  :satisfied:
dedgren, Dave, Thanks for droppin in.  And I was hoping that I was better today than when I first started.  &mmm But, hey, if you liked it than and still do, well last good for me as well.  ()stsfd() Your suggestions are very well received and I agree totally.  I will see what I can do to add some more RL to my LOTs.  At the moment though I am restrcited as to what I do to what others have already done.  y next step will be to learn how to make Overlay Textures, I think.  :-\
Pat, thanks for stoppin by.  And yah you are different, I'm that was different :D.  Your comments are always welcomed here my friend.  I look forward to that gurantee.
Godzillaman, No my friend, I have never watched that show  ??? , although, I do know of it.  No need to worry about not being here before, just worry about your next visit.   ;)
paroch, Paul, I will keep that in mind.  But sometimes it's hard to figure  &mmm how many people is enough people.  As for the full set in it's setting you'll have to wait just a little longer.
Ennedi, Adam, thanks alot.  I think I was trying to rush as you will see in the news below, I have taken a new route.  :-\
Darmok, John, Nice to see you back.  :thumbsup: It looks like you are here to stay this time.  Gald you liked the mosaic, it was my first and now that I know it is relatively easy, it won't be my last.  I look forward to reading you more often, my friend.
Simpson, Welocme to my Mind Scape.  It's always good to see new readers.  Thanks for the nice comment and I hope to see you more often.

News......

Well, as you all may remember my first group of LOTs didn't work out for me and I needed to start agian.  Well I have some good news disguised as bad news.  I have scraped these last set of LOTs as well.  It seems in my 4 plus gig of pluggins I have some bad files, along with several out dated things.  So instead of trying to go through the whole thing and fix it.  I will be redoing the entire thing.  After a long talk with several BSC members, one in particular, she knows who she is,  I have some very good ideas on how to properly organize my pluggins.  Making it easier to do successful LOTs in the future.

Some other good news is that as I DL, I will most likely CAMify everything as I am now CAMified.  This is a totally new experience for me as I have never used the CAM before and I am very excited to see how it will improve game play.  Reporting my thoughts on how well it works or doesnt work will be a new part of my MD in the future.  So for those of you who are not CAMified yet, come look for my honest opinion.  ()stsfd()

In other news, this week is the One year anniversary of my MD.  Feb 27th last year I started this MD not knowing where it would go or even how successful it would be.  I am very proud of my acomplishments and I thank each and everyone of you for all the comments and incouragement.

Some old pics cause everyone loves pics,

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?
If a black box in a plane is indestructible, why can't they make the whole plane out of it?
Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn down the volume on the radio?Why does your nose run and your feet smell?
Why does an alarm clock "go off" when it begins ringing?
If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
Why does "cleave" mean both split apart and stick together?
Why is it, whether you sit up or sit down, the result is the same?

Oh yah I almost forgot, it's time for my famous "Guess that Picture Competition"
So without wasting any more time.
There will be five rounds with ten pictures in each round.  Each round will be worth $10 Canadian dollars, donated to SC4D in the winners name.  All you have to do is name the Author and the MD or Bat showcase where the picture came from.
Good luck to all.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Have a great day and
Good luck to everyone and I will keep checking in during the Day.
Call me Robin, please.

bat

The two old pictures there are looking great!

And to the "Guess that Picture Competition":

Pic No. - topic -creator
Pic 01 "jestarr's stuff" by jestarr
Pic 02 "Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)" by emilin
Pic 03 "JBSimio Inc." by JBSimio
Pic 04 "??" by ??
Pic 05 "EYECANDY" by iamgoingtoeatyou
Pic 06 "Qumma - From Desert to Rose" by nedalezz
Pic 07 "Orlach" by squidi
Pic 08 "??" by ??
Pic 09 "AntigOne" by Badsim
Pic 10 "??" by ??

rooker1

Good for you bat,  &apls everything bat has posted so far is correct.  Who will finish this off or will bat be back?

Call me Robin, please.